• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 162

SIMBA
SIMBA  

Well done,medium&rare

mladen:
I would just like to remind of one post of mine regarding decompiled code : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page257 . It is explaining my position regarding any decompiled code in any form. I know that in these days when some values are re-weighted and redefined it might seem as an out-of-fashion point of view, but ... that is my point of view and I do not see any reason whatsoever to change it.

Mladen.

Most of your indicators are posted freely in several forums,even the ones not supposed to be posted out of here,with full code in plain view.

You are probably the guy whose indicators are most widely repackaged or renamed.

And,you are a very honourable person,with high personal values,so,I support your point of view.

Keep being a person of integrity and an exceptional coder,in that order,this is the order that matters.

Kindest Regards from my new location

S

dasio
dasio  
mladen:
If you are making a 1 tick chart yes (since those are alwys just 2 prices : bid and ask)

If you are making a more than 1 tick chart then you can get a "normal colored" chart (like this, for example - a 10 tick chart :

Thank you mladen. It is possible to add in the indicator the possibility of export data in a csv or excel file?

If it can be done can you put it how choice like False True??

Thank you

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

dasio

With offline charts you have a very simple solution for that : go to file->save as and save it under the name you desire. It will export that offline chart data as a csv file which you can then use in your further work

dasio:
Thank you mladen. It is possible to add in the indicator the possibility of export data in a csv or excel file?

If it can be done can you put it how choice like False True??

Thank you
dasio
dasio  
mladen:
dasio With offline charts you have a very simple solution for that : go to file->save as and save it under the name you desire. It will export that offline chart data as a csv file which you can then use in your further work

Thank you for your reply but it is possible to do a real time update of data?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

dasio

It would make it almost impossible to save the latest state of the chart to a csv file in between the ticks

I am guessing now, but if you use it in run-time from Excel or some similar program, why don't you use DDE for that purpose?

Here is a thread with some examples of how to use metatrader terminal as a DDE server : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176455

Also you have a file called DDE example.xls in the metatrader folder that can give you idea how to use DDE for run-time data collection from metatrader terminal

dasio:
Thank you for your reply but it is possible to do a real time update of data?
dasio
dasio  
mladen:
dasio

It would make it almost impossible to save the latest state of the chart to a csv file in between the ticks

I am guessing now, but if you use it in run-time from Excel or some similar program, why don't you use DDE for that purpose?

Here is a thread with some examples of how to use metatrader terminal as a DDE server : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176455

Also you have a file called DDE example.xls in the metatrader folder that can give you idea how to use DDE for run-time data collection from metatrader terminal

Thank you.

I will study it^^

Good work

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

stanley18

So far it is giving me a headache ... but hope to solve it : it (the problem) does not know how thickheaded I am

stanley18:
Hi mladen,

What I means is I want to add two setting into this indicator:

alertsMessage = true;

alertsSound = true;

So, When divergences are drawn it will popup a window to tell me which pair have divergence now.

Is it possible?
dasio
dasio  

Hi,

i have request.

Attached there are 2 indicator.

one is TickData Indicator and the other a simple indicator that calculate the ratio between that range of the bar and the volume with this simple formula : "diff/vol" where diff is the range calculate on "high and low" of the candles and "vol" is "iVolume(NULL,0,i)".

There is the possibility of integrating this two indicator so that use the number of tick in the candle and not the volume for the calculation?

In the test indicator there are some line not necessary. So sorry for the code^^.

Waiting for reply,

Regardstick_data__v1.03.mq4

test.mq4

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

dasio

With metatrader 4 ticks and volume are the same. Unfortunately metatrader 4 does not make any difference between the 2. So, when you apply the test indicator to tick data (or any other chart as a matter of fact) it will use the number of ticks written into the volume field of the database. And since tick data produces bars with same number of ticks (depending on your input - but the tick number is always going to be the same) it will not change from bar to bar

dasio:
Hi,

i have request.

Attached there are 2 indicator.

one is TickData Indicator and the other a simple indicator that calculate the ratio between that range of the bar and the volume with this simple formula : "diff/vol" where diff is the range calculate on "high and low" of the candles and "vol" is "iVolume(NULL,0,i)".

There is the possibility of integrating this two indicator so that use the number of tick in the candle and not the volume for the calculation?

In the test indicator there are some line not necessary. So sorry for the code^^.

Waiting for reply,

Regardstick_data__v1.03.mq4

test.mq4
dasio
dasio  
mladen:
dasio With metatrader 4 ticks and volume are the same. Unfortunately metatrader 4 does not make any difference between the 2. So, when you apply the test indicator to tick data (or any other chart as a matter of fact) it will use the number of ticks written into the volume field of the database. And since tick data produces bars with same number of ticks (depending on your input - but the tick number is always going to be the same) it will not change from bar to bar

Thank you.

Happy to learn more^^