Elite indicators :) - page 236

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ray,

Just an addition . In a call to "RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts" you are missing the first parameter - the first parameter is TimeFrame not BoxSize. Instead of calling like this :
bool BuySignal()

{

double XOup= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,0,0);

double XOdn= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,1,0);

double XOupp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,0,1);

double XOdnp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,1,1);

//double MA = iCustom(Symbol(),"MA in Color",MAPeriod,MAType,0,0);

if (XOup > 0&& XOdn == 0 //&& XOupp ==0

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

}[/php]
it can be something like this
[php]bool BuySignal()

{

double XOup= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,0,0);

double XOdn= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,1,0);

double XOupp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,0,1);

double XOdnp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,1,1);

//double MA = iCustom(Symbol(),"MA in Color",MAPeriod,MAType,0,0);

if (XOup > 0&& XOdn == 0 //&& XOupp ==0

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

}

Changed just the BuySignal code but the rest of the code should be changed in the same manner. I used a "dummy time frame" in the TimeFrame parameter. Even if you use other time frame use the second parameter of iCustom() for that and not the TimeFrame parameter of the indicator (there is no need at all to use it from an EA)

regards

Mladen

traderduke
traderduke  

mladen & mrTools

Thank you very much, that cleared up all the problems!!

Ray

san4x
san4x  

mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you please add smoothing to the attached indicator. Preferably without giving up any lag associated with smoothing. Perhaps not explained properly, but I think you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

San.

Files:
bkennedype
bkennedype  

Hi mladen,

I have this trend indicator that I use for a scalping setup. I'm wondering if you might add a vertical line for every time a red or blue bar follows an orange bar. The alerts work fine as they are...but I want to have something on the chart....if an arrow is easier, that is fine also....but a vertical line has more impact. Ideally I could set the color for each trend change.

Here is a pic...

Thanks

Ben

Codex
Codex  

Hi MLaden,

I have these two indicators for a simple 2 EMA crossover, however both seem to give different signals at different times even though they use the same 2 EMA's.

Which one of them is "the most correct" ?

Thanks in advanced

Cheers

CodeX

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ben

Here you go
regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Hi mladen,

I have this trend indicator that I use for a scalping setup. I'm wondering if you might add a vertical line for every time a red or blue bar follows an orange bar. The alerts work fine as they are...but I want to have something on the chart....if an arrow is easier, that is fine also....but a vertical line has more impact. Ideally I could set the color for each trend change.

Here is a pic...

Thanks

Ben
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

CodeX

None of the two is correct. Both are using future values for finding out crosses. The difference in crosses comes from a fact that one is calculating LWMA (the version 1) and other is calculating EMA (the version 2), but apart from that they are the same and both are wrong as far as calculation is concerned because they use those future values.

Attaching a very simple one that shows moving averages crosses correctly and you can choose the type of MA as well as the price of MA
regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hi MLaden,

I have these two indicators for a simple 2 EMA crossover, however both seem to give different signals at different times even though they use the same 2 EMA's.

Which one of them is "the most correct" ?

Thanks in advanced

Cheers

CodeX
Files:
Codex
Codex  

Thank you very much Mladen, I really do appreaciate this.

Cheers

Codex

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

:):):)

San

There is no perfect smoothing (with no lag) but here is one that is not bad. 3 ways compared :
upper - no smoothing

middle - "regular" smoothing

lower - "double" smoothing (don't let the name confuse you, this one is the "faster" smoothed version)

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you please add smoothing to the attached indicator. Preferably without giving up any lag associated with smoothing. Perhaps not explained properly, but I think you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

San.
peterke
peterke  

ALF MA crossover

Mladen, are you able to create an indicator that signals a moving average close across the ALF. This seems to provide very reliable signals for entries.

Ideally I would like to be able to configure both the ALF and MA parameters within the indicator.

Thanks for your consideration of this request

regards

Peter