Elite indicators :) - page 237

Hi Mladen

was asking my self why your TTM_ssa_bars indi doesn't draw any yellow bar when ranging (preset value).

Flytox

It is not made by me (the TTM_ssa_bars) but never mind

It will show yellow bars only when two consecutive SSA values are exactly the same and it is not likely to happen (comparison is done on double values without any rounding, and the way SSA works, it would mean unchanged price for quite a couple of bars)

Probably with normalization (rounding) or some additional condition (something like : "if absolute slope is less than some value then it is ranging") would show ranging bars

regards

Mladen

Flytox:
Hi Mladen was asking my self why your TTM_ssa_bars indi doesn't draw any yellow bar when ranging (preset value).

thx mister Mladen

Hi Mladen,

Would you happen to know if MT4 has the ability to supply enough data to implement something exactly like the Volume Patterns as implemented by

Volume Patterns – How to Spot the Professionals at Work

I can only assume the reason that this indicator has never exhisted for MT4 is that MT4 does not provide sufficient data. If this is the case would you know if MT5 will start support additional data on it's feeds similar to platforms like TradeStation and NinjaTrader?

With regards to the indis that emni-watch.com has, I do know that someone on Forex-TSD was able to successfully re-create the "Better Sine Wave" (although I do not know if the author of the indicator, know called 'Sinewave with S&R.mq4' used an improved version of John Ehler's Hilbert Sine Wave) I also beleive that the "TheRumpledOne" (TRO) managed to create an enhanced version of the "Better Volumes" indicator (although it is missing the paint-bar option))

On a side note: I beleive that the John Ehler's - Hilbert Sine Wave is quite a remarkable piece of technical analysis.

Cheers

Codex

Files:
untitled.png  82 kb

Codex

Those charts sure look like tick data we are having in advanced elite (where bars are "constructed" for certain number of ticks - 10 tick bars for example, or from the link you provided it seems that they are generating 1500 tick bars) Here is an example of 10 tick bars (pay attention to equal "volumes" at the bottom of the chart)
As of volume in forex : there is no volume in forex, just ticks, and one should be very careful when using "volume" in forex. There is a lot of reasons for that (a lack of "centralized" market is in my opinion a main reason (like stock exchanges were one knows exactly the total volumes on that particular market and traded volumes)).

It was almost 2 years ago on FF when they were experimenting with VSA indicator but frankly I did not follow that to much (Metatrader 4 never had anything like volumes - only ticks so I did not pay too much attention to what was going on there. Metatrader 5 will have volumes but it will not have volumes for forex symbols again). I do not know who made the VSA indicator there (vaguely think that it was "malkolm"), but sure as hell it was not TRO (TRO's "work" always consists of just one thing : patching a couple of labels and calling it "improvement" in order to be able to ask for donations for something he never did).

As of VSA itself : VSA as is is working with ticks and one should always bare that in mind - those are ticks not volume

regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hi Mladen,

Would you happen to know if MT4 has the ability to supply enough data to implement something exactly like the Volume Patterns as implemented by

Volume Patterns – How to Spot the Professionals at Work

I can only assume the reason that this indicator has never exhisted for MT4 is that MT4 does not provide sufficient data. If this is the case would you know if MT5 will start support additional data on it's feeds similar to platforms like TradeStation and NinjaTrader?

With regards to the indis that emni-watch.com has, I do know that someone on Forex-TSD was able to successfully re-create the "Better Sine Wave" (although I do not know if the recreated indicator called 'Sinewave with S&R' used an improved version of John Ehler's Hilbert Sine Wave) I also beleive that the "TheRumpledOne" (TRO) managed to create an enhanced version of the "Better Volumes" indicator (although it is missing the paintbar option)

On a side note: I beleive that the John Ehler's Hilbert Sine Wave is quite a remarkable piece of technical analysis.

Cheers

Codex
Files:
ticka_data.gif  29 kb

Mladen,

How can I get different scaling with trend deviation indicator like fxbs posted on the picture https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174718/page4 I mean I added 1.1 and 0.9 levels manually addition to 0 level, but it works ok on some timeframes but it doesnt work on aother?Al so is it possible for to give some smoothing with ALMA?Many thanks

Files:
alma_v1.mq4  7 kb

biddick

Sorry, but I have no idea what charts did fxbs post there. They all have the same current value (the top 3 with same period and same method) so the rest should be the same too. The fact that they are not maybe shows some experiment of fxbs with repainting. The calculation itself is as simple as it gets : price compared to its average (close to simple moving average of close) so all those should tend to 1. Larger deviations from 1 are possible only for very long averaging period but even like that, the way that indicator is calculated, they never can be 0 (only in case of an error) In that indicator value of 1 shows that the price and it's average are same (so no deviation)

As of alma : it can be applied but ... I did a conversion of it too (it is originally a NinjaTrader indicator) and have found some things in a code that made me think. Here is just one part of the original code that is interesting from that point of view

int pt = 0;

double agr = 0;

double norm = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < iWindowSize; i++)

{

if (i < iWindowSize - pt)

{

agr += aALMA * Close;

norm += aALMA;

}

}
- ptis constant 0 (it should not exist in calculations at all)

- if (i < iWindowSize - pt) is always true

So in the version I made (it was posted in the public section of TSD) decided to remove those "peculiarities" and inverted the logic of the "sample" (smaller sample adds smaller lag in my version, unlike the original (PS: sample varies from 0 to 1)) simply because the "coding things" in it that should not be there ... So, yes, it can be used for smoothing, but in my opinion there are much better smoothers out there

regards

Mladen

biddick:
Mladen, How can I get different scaling with trend deviation indicator like fxbs posted on the picture https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174718/page4 I mean I added 1.1 and 0.9 levels manually addition to 0 level, but it works ok on some timeframes but it doesnt work on aother?Al so is it possible for to give some smoothing with ALMA?Many thanks

Thanks again Mladen.

Yea I kind of gathered that Tro was a but of a sneeky person. I've seen most of Tro's code and he/she always seems to only patch... and yea... that donation thing he/she has going is a load of bollocks as well....

Reason: