Elite indicators :) - page 232

I doubt anything is beyond you Mr Tools. I will try the way you recommended and test it out this week. I thank you for getting back too me and for your hard work.

Mladen, I am playing with mql so as you know "I am little mql dummy". Can you fix attached indy to automatically draw lines in next day not just draw extension of previous day and if it's possible to add sequence of daily bars, per example I want ohlc of bar 1,3 and 4.

Thank you in advance.

Files:
ohlc_al.mq4  4 kb

You are getting better every day though

Just one thing that you omitted : you are actually having a multiple time frame indicator (so the changes made are just related to that).

As of drawing 3 ohlc bars states from one indicator : it is not possible with the current metatrader 4 limitation of maximum 8 drawing buffers (it would require 12 drawing buffers for that) On the other hand, you already introduced a parameter for that (barBack) so by using it, here is a chart with values for 1,3 and 4 days back - combining multiple indicator you don't have any limitation at all

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, I am playing with mql so as you know "I am little mql dummy". Can you fix attached indy to automatically draw lines in next day not just draw extension of previous day and if it's possible to add sequence of daily bars, per example I want ohlc of bar 1,3 and 4. Thank you in advance.
Files:
ohlc_al.gif  31 kb
ohlc_al_1.mq4  4 kb

The MACD Predictor DiNapoli indi that Odysseus was talking about looks promising if it lives up to what it's suppose too do.

1. You are able to know, one period ahead of time, the exact price the market would need to penetrate to

change the trend from bullish to bearish or vice versa.

2. You are able to gain real estate on the chart by the elimination of the MACD study from the chart

workspace.

I don't have any experience with this indicator but it would probably be nice to have a MT4 version.

mladen,

I'm trying to get the XO indicator to work with a EA, can you help me out??

1. For some reason I can't control the indicator boxsize or timeframe from the EA, tried several icustom set ups. Changing the indicator changes the EA run.

2. Once again the backtest althougth working , at the end of the Strategy test it draws hundreds of indicator horizonal lines.

I have tried using buffers 0&1 and then buffer 4 trend with 1 & -1 but both seem to give me the same resulting problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again

traderduke:
mladen,

I'm trying to get the XO indicator to work with a EA, can you help me out??

1. For some reason I can't control the indicator boxsize or timeframe from the EA, tried several icustom set ups. Changing the indicator changes the EA run.

2. Once again the backtest althougth working , at the end of the Strategy test it draws hundreds of indicator horizonal lines.

I have tried using buffers 0&1 and then buffer 4 trend with 1 & -1 but both seem to give me the same resulting problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Traderduke,

Know you asked for Mladen, but just want to help!

Might try this indicator, coded by Mladen .

The call for this is

double diIXO10=iCustom(NULL,0,"XO_forEA",BoxSixe ,0,1);

double diIXO21=iCustom(NULL,0,"XO_forEA",BoxSixe ,1,1);

Hope this helps!!

Files:
xo_forea.mq4  4 kb

Ray,

Just an addition . In a call to "RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts" you are missing the first parameter - the first parameter is TimeFrame not BoxSize. Instead of calling like this :
bool BuySignal()

{

double XOup= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,0,0);

double XOdn= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,1,0);

double XOupp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,0,1);

double XOdnp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts",BoxSize,1,1);

//double MA = iCustom(Symbol(),"MA in Color",MAPeriod,MAType,0,0);

if (XOup > 0&& XOdn == 0 //&& XOupp ==0

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

}[/php]
it can be something like this
[php]bool BuySignal()

{

double XOup= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,0,0);

double XOdn= iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,1,0);

double XOupp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,0,1);

double XOdnp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"RK-ml-XO - mtf & alerts","dummy time frame",BoxSize,1,1);

//double MA = iCustom(Symbol(),"MA in Color",MAPeriod,MAType,0,0);

if (XOup > 0&& XOdn == 0 //&& XOupp ==0

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

}

Changed just the BuySignal code but the rest of the code should be changed in the same manner. I used a "dummy time frame" in the TimeFrame parameter. Even if you use other time frame use the second parameter of iCustom() for that and not the TimeFrame parameter of the indicator (there is no need at all to use it from an EA)

regards

Mladen

mladen & mrTools

Thank you very much, that cleared up all the problems!!

Ray

mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you please add smoothing to the attached indicator. Preferably without giving up any lag associated with smoothing. Perhaps not explained properly, but I think you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

San.

Files:

Hi mladen,

I have this trend indicator that I use for a scalping setup. I'm wondering if you might add a vertical line for every time a red or blue bar follows an orange bar. The alerts work fine as they are...but I want to have something on the chart....if an arrow is easier, that is fine also....but a vertical line has more impact. Ideally I could set the color for each trend change.

Here is a pic...

Thanks

Ben

Reason: