Elite indicators :) - page 243

ismael

Here it is There is one difference in the way alerts are treated in this on : as you know SSA recalculates and it can change the last Lag bars. Alerts are, because of that, working in the following manner : if there is a change in color (slope) in the last Lag bars (+1 if you choose not to alert on current bar) and/or the time of that change does not agree with the previous state than you get an alert. So, this indicator will alert in 2 cases : when the color (slope of the line) is changed and/or when the time of that color-slope change changes as a result of SSA recalculating values

regards

Mladen

ismael360:
Mladen, Is it possible to make SSA Of Price Indi to be able to change color. One color when with is going up and a different color when it changes direction going down? (and if possible an alert when it changes color or direction)
Files:

SSA Multi Color

Hi Mladen.

could you make this indicator change color (preferably draw an arrow) and alert only when the end of current bar agrees with cnange in slope in previous bar?

In this way avoiding repainting and making an alert a solid one.

thanks in advance.

Dada.

Thank you Mladen. It looks great on the 4hr chart. I was wondering if the indicator would change color (preferably draw an arrow) and alert only when the end of current bar agrees with change in slope in previous bar, like dada45 suggested, would this help me in avoiding jumping in on a false signal and maybe making the alert more of a solid one?

In other words, maybe dada45's suggesting is a good one.

In order to clarify : SSA can (and will, in cases of sudden price changes) change last Lagbars (by default Lag is set to 25, so, if default parameters are used, last 25 bars can be changed)

Because of this property of SSA its usage in "mechanical systems" is not recommended (mechanical in a sense that it could be used as a signal)

It can be, and is recommended by many, to be used in manual trading as an estimate. A good thread about it is here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608 (I would like to repeat again that Centered TMA is very, very similar in values to SSA even though the mathematical model is completely different, so almost everything on that thread that is said about centered TMA can be applied to SSA too - on the example picture compared centered TMA (red) and SSA)

Files:
ssa_to_tma.gif  29 kb

I see, thank you Mladen, for all of your hard work.

Thanks from me too Mladen. your work as allways most apppreciated.

I am glad that I can help

I also hope that someone will not take it for bad that I tend to explain sometimes. I am trying to use the principle from bon-ton : when 10 people gather and 9 talk same language and the 10th doesn't then the 9 should try to talk the one that the 10th one understands. That is the reason why my explanations are lengthy sometimes : I do know that there are very good coders among you and that you (the very good coders) do not need and explanation, but some are not coders at all and I am trying to explain (what I can) in a manner that everybody will understand. That is the reason why sometimes my posts are lengthy (come to think, like this one )

regards to all

Mladen

Hi mladen,

I've added this indicator to my scalping setup....it's pretty simple...draws the day, week and month high and low for the current and previous. Not sure whether I'll continue to use it or not...but others may find it useful.

The problem though, is when I draw a rectangle on my chart, it immediately removes it. Is this something you can have a look at when you get a chance.

Thanks

Ben

Files:

Ben

This is a quick fix. I do not know if it fixes all. Replaced ObjectDeleteAll(0,OBJ_RECTANGLE) with specific deletes because ObjectDeleteAll() deletes all the rectangles un-selectively. You might want to check the code if those are exact rectangles that need to be deleted

regards

Mladen

bkennedype:
Hi mladen,

I've added this indicator to my scalping setup....it's pretty simple...draws the day, week and month high and low for the current and previous. Not sure whether I'll continue to use it or not...but others may find it useful.

The problem though, is when I draw a rectangle on my chart, it immediately removes it. Is this something you can have a look at when you get a chance.

Thanks

Ben
Files:
ben.gif  28 kb

That fixes it...thanks

Ben

mladen:
Ben

This is a quick fix. I do not know if it fixes all. Replaced ObjectDeleteAll(0,OBJ_RECTANGLE) with specific deletes because ObjectDeleteAll() deletes all the rectangles un-selectively. You might want to check the code if those are exact rectangles that need to be deleted

regards Mladen
Reason: