Elite indicators :) - page 241

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
biddick
biddick  

Mladen,

How can I get different scaling with trend deviation indicator like fxbs posted on the picture https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174718/page4 I mean I added 1.1 and 0.9 levels manually addition to 0 level, but it works ok on some timeframes but it doesnt work on aother?Al so is it possible for to give some smoothing with ALMA?Many thanks

Files:
alma_v1.mq4 7 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

biddick

Sorry, but I have no idea what charts did fxbs post there. They all have the same current value (the top 3 with same period and same method) so the rest should be the same too. The fact that they are not maybe shows some experiment of fxbs with repainting. The calculation itself is as simple as it gets : price compared to its average (close to simple moving average of close) so all those should tend to 1. Larger deviations from 1 are possible only for very long averaging period but even like that, the way that indicator is calculated, they never can be 0 (only in case of an error) In that indicator value of 1 shows that the price and it's average are same (so no deviation)

As of alma : it can be applied but ... I did a conversion of it too (it is originally a NinjaTrader indicator) and have found some things in a code that made me think. Here is just one part of the original code that is interesting from that point of view

int pt = 0;

double agr = 0;

double norm = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < iWindowSize; i++)

{

if (i < iWindowSize - pt)

{

agr += aALMA * Close;

norm += aALMA;

}

}
- ptis constant 0 (it should not exist in calculations at all)

- if (i < iWindowSize - pt) is always true

So in the version I made (it was posted in the public section of TSD) decided to remove those "peculiarities" and inverted the logic of the "sample" (smaller sample adds smaller lag in my version, unlike the original (PS: sample varies from 0 to 1)) simply because the "coding things" in it that should not be there ... So, yes, it can be used for smoothing, but in my opinion there are much better smoothers out there

regards

Mladen

biddick:
Mladen, How can I get different scaling with trend deviation indicator like fxbs posted on the picture https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174718/page4 I mean I added 1.1 and 0.9 levels manually addition to 0 level, but it works ok on some timeframes but it doesnt work on aother?Al so is it possible for to give some smoothing with ALMA?Many thanks
Codex
Codex  

Thanks again Mladen.

Yea I kind of gathered that Tro was a but of a sneeky person. I've seen most of Tro's code and he/she always seems to only patch... and yea... that donation thing he/she has going is a load of bollocks as well....

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

A couple of indicators from a "Volatility Based Technical Analysis" and which a couple of TSD members asked for :

Rsiv indicator - according to author it is an enhanced Rsi and, again according to author, it identifies tops and bottoms in a great percent. I used default parameters given by the author and I must admit that I do not share the authors optimism - on forex symbols results are (with default parameters) far from impressive. But in order to let the members of TSD elite section decide on their own (maybe someone will find some better way of using it) and to avoid seeking the net for a properly coded version of it, I post it here

First, the usual "trick" with a candle chart and some tops and bottoms that are OK :
And the same thing but with bars and a not so good peak identification (the segment marked with red lines)
Once again I repeat I used default parameters proposed by the author of the indicator
Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

And the StochEx indicator from the same series of indicators. It is a smoothed stochastic of standard deviation and as that it is trying to identify peaks (maximal deviation) and price reversals. So, one should pay attention to maximums (since those are the points of maximum deviation and according to expectations the price should reverse at those points) Low values are values when the deviation is small and according to that the market is trending

PS: named it Stochastic of stdev simply because it is in fact that
Jeff
Jeff  
Flytox:
Hi Mladen was asking my self why your TTM_ssa_bars indi doesn't draw any yellow bar when ranging (preset value).

Where is this indicator?

Jeff
Jeff  
mladen:
:):):)

Here you are (only the version where data display can be chosen for now - mtf and the rest will make and post a bit later)

Here are two basic display modes (Ben I used a parameter that seems you were planing to use it for that : DataDisplayOff) If it is set to true, you are going to get the upper indicator, if set to false, the lower one
PS : and the mtf with alerts version too
regards Mladen

Do I need other files for these to work, they show blank when I attached them to a pair?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Yes

You need the ssa.dll (also you have to allow dll improts from the indicator properties) and "ssa of price" indicator. The SSA (with dll) can be found on these 2 posts

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (at this post you can download the C source of it too)

regards

Mladen

thor68:
Do I need other files for these to work, they show blank when I attached them to a pair?
William Snyder
William Snyder  
thor68:
Where is this indicator?
thor68:

Can't remember where i posted them again so here's the files the dll goes in experts library the others are indicators that goes in experts/indicators folder, then every thing should work

Files: