differences in execution of EA with VPS

Dear fellow traders ,

my father and i both run EA's on the mql5 VPS , hosted from New York.

We both have the same settings on the EA.

-1 My fathers execution is different by sometimes 40 minutes.

-2 The Entry most of the times is the same , but then also the execution of the TP isnt always the same.

Anybody knows why this is happening ? 

Tim Rijnbeek: my father and i both run EA's on the mql5 VPS , hosted from New York. We both have the same settings on the EA.

-1 My fathers execution is different by sometimes 40 minutes.
-2 The Entry most of the times is the same , but then also the execution of the TP isnt always the same.
Anybody knows why this is happening ? 

Are both of you using the same broker, with the same type of accounts, and with similar account balances?

If you are using different brokers, that will explain most of it — different quotes, different spread, different liquidity.

If you are using same broker but different account types, then there may be differences in spread and liquidity, and maybe even in the quotes, if for example one account is dealing desk and the other is not.

If you are using same broker and account type but have very different account balances, and the volume of orders is based on a risk percentage, then the larger volumes may be affected at those times of the day when liquidity is low.

The reason why TP is different is because your broker sets the TP as limit orders in the market, therefor when volume at the price level is exhausted you will not get filled and the order remains hanging til price hits the level again.

Ok thanks !

Tim Rijnbeek #: Ok thanks !

You are welcome, but you did not answer my question nor explain your circumstances based on that question.

If in the future someone else has a similar query and reads this thread, they will remain clueless as to know if their circumstances are like yours or not, in order to resolve their issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are welcome, but you did not answer my question nor explain your circumstances based on that question.

If in the future someone else has a similar query and reads this thread, they will remain clueless as to know if their circumstances are like yours or not, in order to resolve their issue.

Dear Fernando ,

you are absolutely right ! 

Its as following:

-We have different trading accounts/different server(wich imo is normal,but maybe the server has different connection speed?)for example im on live #xx and he live #xx

-Same broker ,same account type (IC Markets , standard account)

-Same leverage 1:500

-Different balances indeed and Ea places orders at so many % risk of the balance . (my balance is higher then my fathers)

Your sentence:

If you are using same broker and account type but have very different account balances, and the volume of orders is based on a risk percentage, then the larger volumes may be affected at those times of the day when liquidity is low.

In this case my account operates as it always had yet in my fathers, a lower balance, it differs with sometimes 40 minutes , wich up to last week hadnt that much of a difference before .

Tim Rijnbeek #: Its as following: We have different trading accounts/different server(wich imo is normal,but maybe the server has different connection speed?)for example im on live #xx and he live #xx

Same broker ,same account type (IC Markets , standard account), Same leverage 1:500, Different balances indeed and Ea places orders at so many % risk of the balance . (my balance is higher then my fathers)

Your sentence: If you are using same broker and account type but have very different account balances, and the volume of orders is based on a risk percentage, then the larger volumes may be affected at those times of the day when liquidity is low.

In this case my account operates as it always had yet in my fathers, a lower balance, it differs with sometimes 40 minutes , wich up to last week hadnt that much of a difference before .

In that case, there does not seem to be simple answer as to why the discrepancies. Is the T/P a broker side stop or a virtual stop managed by the EA?

Tim Rijnbeek #:

Dear Fernando ,

you are absolutely right ! 

Its as following:

-We have different trading accounts/different server(wich imo is normal,but maybe the server has different connection speed?)for example im on live #xx and he live #xx

-Same broker ,same account type (IC Markets , standard account)

-Same leverage 1:500

-Different balances indeed and Ea places orders at so many % risk of the balance . (my balance is higher then my fathers)

Your sentence:

If you are using same broker and account type but have very different account balances, and the volume of orders is based on a risk percentage, then the larger volumes may be affected at those times of the day when liquidity is low.

Its managed by the EA that runs in VPS Fernando

Tim Rijnbeek #:

Its managed by the EA that runs in VPS Fernando

Fernando Carreiro #:

In that case, there does not seem to be simple answer as to why the discrepancies. Is the T/P a broker side stop or a virtual stop managed by the EA?

I will try to get the reason why and hopefully be helpfull for others in the future , thanks a lot for your time everybody

Tim Rijnbeek #: Its managed by the EA that runs in VPS Fernando

In that case there may be a problem with the EA not reacting correctly under certain circumstances. The VPS may be running slowly or the network connection failing, causing slippage and the EA not to react correctly.

Is the EA your own or for which you have source code so that you may analyse it and try to find a possible reason or is it a Market product or a closed source EA?

Please DO NOT mention the EA's name (or link), so as not to go against forum rules.

Fernando Carreiro #:

In that case there may be a problem with the EA not reacting correctly under certain circumstances. The VPS may be running slowly or the network connection failing, causing slippage and the EA not to react correctly.

Is the EA your own or for which you have source code so that you may analyse it and try to find a possible reason or is it a Market product or a closed source EA?

Please DO NOT mention the EA's name (or link), so as not to go against forum rules.

roger roger

Reason: