Elite indicators :) - page 229

Codex,

For the SnakeForce I can answer immediately : it is using a centered Trinagular MA in its calculation. What it means that it is a triangular MA shifted half period to the past (to the left) and the rest of bars missing that way is extrapolated. So, in short, since extrapolation is never a "one way street" SnakeForce can not be changed not to recalculate (repaint)

As of TrendMagic : it is a renamed SuperTrend originally made by Jason Robinson and it inherited the best known part of it (the repainting) too, even though the logic of it is a sound logic and just to the unfortunate color repainting problem it became infamous

Attaching a version that does not repaint (as far as I remember I did not post this one yet, hence posting it here) One parameter needs an explanation : OldCalculation. There are some versions of super trend that were using a fixed difference for calculating when the trend changes direction or "steps" in the same direction. If you set the OldCalculation to true, it will calculate like those earliest versions, otherwise it will use a normal average true range for that task (the default)
regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hi MLaden,

Would it be possible for you to see if you can adjust the following two indicators attached not to repaint?

1. SnakeForce

2. Trend Magic

Truly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advanced.

Codex.

Just in case

This is a snake force made to use simple triangular MA (so no repainting of the last 5 bars) You can clearly see where the shift happened and the effect of centering triangular MA has on it (upper is the original Snake force with centered TMA (last 5 bars repainting) and lower is the SnakeForce with "regular: TMA - no repainting)
PS: don't worry about the warnings issued by the compiler - I simply left all the code that is not used any more in this one, so those warnings a benign

Double Thanks MLaden !!!!

There are lots of great EAs to handle this. In my opinion, the best one, and the one I use, is Steve Hopwood's Multi-purpose trade management EA. Google it and you'll find it.

I use this EA on one chart to manage my going to BE for all trades. You can set it to manage all pairs, just certain pairs or just the pair whose chart it is on.

No need to reinvent this wheel. This EA should do what you need. If you can't find it, send me a PM.

Ben

tekila:
hi i am looking for a expert have these options.

Everytime you take a position, It will automatically place your "Take Profit" and "Stop Loss" to preset levels, set the levels the way you want. It will also bring your "Stop Loss" to BreakEven after the price moves to preset pips in profits...

thanks

Sorry guys meant to post this somewhere else. As you were Gents. I hope you all can keep the ball rolling like yall have been. Thx.

Files:

Hello mrtools.

I concur with what's been said about a MTF version of the price channel indicator you kindly shared with us. Can only be a good thing if possible for you to code.

In any case, I thank you all very much!

mladen,

I've been looking at the SSA Squeeze of Averages indicator for a scalping setup. I'm not really interested in the histogram, just the dots at the zero line, which I understand comes from the SSA of Price indicator. See picture below - I have set histogram colors to none to achieve this look.

Would it be possible to add a display Histo Y/N to this...and make it MTF. For the MTF...could the color be different when the higher timeframe is not closed. Ideally one indicator would allow for up to 3 rows...I'd plan to use M15, M5 and M1 and time the entries on M1 only in the direction of already confirmed M5 and M15 trends.

And it would be great to have an alert that works based on the timeframes you want to confirm.

I can upload the dll file if you need it.

Thanks

Ben

I second the motion of creating this new ssa indicator bKennedype has described and I also look forward too a MTF version of the price channel indicator from Mr. Tools as well.

:):):)

Here you are (only the version where data display can be chosen for now - mtf and the rest will make and post a bit later)

Here are two basic display modes (Ben I used a parameter that seems you were planing to use it for that : DataDisplayOff) If it is set to true, you are going to get the upper indicator, if set to false, the lower one
PS : and the mtf with alerts version too
regards

Mladen

ismael360:
I second the motion of creating this new ssa indicator bKennedype has described and I also look forward too a MTF version of the price channel indicator from Mr. Tools as well.

Missing .dll

Hello Bkennedype,

SSA is missing the .dll-file. Can you help?

Thank you

Patona

Reason: