10points 3.mq4 - page 67

Thanks yeoeleven,

Let's try again in demo.

Fast_cris

bellefemme:

Is it true that EuroX2.mq4 in http://forex-soft.netfirms.com/ the same EA with 10 points 3.mq4?

Thank you

Yes. They are identical. Makes you wonder.

Comparison

bellefemme:
First of All, thank you for someone who make the EA and share it in the forum.. and also thank you for anyone who is participating and sharing knowledge here..

It is very helpfull for newbie like me

I have run 10 points 3.mq4 in 4H TF EuroUsd (demo) and the result is fantastic I have some question..

Which EA is better?

10 points 3.mq4? 10 Points 3 Dynamic Stoploss.mq4? or DLMv1.4?

Is it true that EuroX2.mq4 in http://forex-soft.netfirms.com/ the same EA with 10 points 3.mq4?

Thank you

From my forward testing of these EAs since August I have come to the conclusion that Dynamic Stop amended by tururo and found on page 18 of this thread is be better than the original 10points.

If the CSV file needed by the DLM series was available as an update then that EA may be superior but the fact is that the only CSV file openly available from Elcactus is empty and without it the EA will not function properly at news times.

So I have stopped testing the DLM series and the original 10points 3. On previous posts I have started forward testing a different 10points EA and time will tell how it performs.

I have to say that the author of the 10points series recommended 30 minutes as TF. I have no idea as to the similarity between 10points and EuroX2 never having examined that EA.

John

Edited to add thanks bluto I have read your post after this was published and with the openess around 10points site it could have easily been copied.

John,

I am using a version of 10point3, that it opens a new double-sized postion every 15 pips when against the market. When the last position opened sees a profit of 10 pips, all the opened positions closed all together.

Therefore it makes money, as long as there are only 3 or less positions opened, when they are all closed. And it loses no matter what if the fourth or more positions are opened.

Is it the way, the original 10Point3 works?

thanks

teamfri

10points3

teamfri:
John,

I am using a version of 10point3, that it opens a new double-sized postion every 15 pips when against the market. When the last position opened sees a profit of 10 pips, all the opened positions closed all together.

Therefore it makes money, as long as there are only 3 or less positions opened, when they are all closed. And it loses no matter what if the fourth or more positions are opened.

Is it the way, the original 10Point3 works?

thanks

teamfri

Unless you advise your presets it is hard to comment but it is designed to close profitably when any progression has achieved a preset overall profitability. It certainly doesn't automatically lose after the fourth positions otherwise this EA would be a dodo.

John

Week's final results 10points3

The first #1 now concentrates only on EURUSD & USDCHR but with MaxTrades7 and starting at .05 unit.

The second #2 uses all recommended pairs with MaxTrades10 and startes off at .01.

Was able to close off both platforms prior to the weekend with minimal closing loss.

John

Files:

Hi, where can the last version of 10points3 EA be found?

Many thanks!

Latest versions

kokas:
Hi, where can the last version of 10points3 EA be found? Many thanks!

The latest and only 10points3 Dynamic stop can be found on page 18 of this thread.

I have recently replied to Fast_cris about the latest version I obtained from Lightpatch.

Enjoy and keep us up to date with your trading.

John

yeoeleven:
From my forward testing of these EAs since August I have come to the conclusion that Dynamic Stop amended by tururo and found on page 18 of this thread is be better than the original 10points.

If the CSV file needed by the DLM series was available as an update then that EA may be superior but the fact is that the only CSV file openly available from Elcactus is empty and without it the EA will not function properly at news times.

So I have stopped testing the DLM series and the original 10points 3. On previous posts I have started forward testing a different 10points EA and time will tell how it performs.

I have to say that the author of the 10points series recommended 30 minutes as TF. I have no idea as to the similarity between 10points and EuroX2 never having examined that EA.

John

Edited to add thanks bluto I have read your post after this was published and with the openess around 10points site it could have easily been copied.

Thank you !

Happy trading

tf

The indicators I currently use are triggerlines, superfilter, and fisher yurik to get in a trade. I like the 15 min time frame once I determine the direction by looking at the 1 hour charts so I will most likely take 15 min trades only in the direction of the 1 hr trend. Fisher yurik repaints, sure but I don't care because I never get in until the 3rd or 4th bar of the set. Fisher Yurik will turn before triggerlines does and and when triggerlines finally changes color and superfilter confirms, I feel confident. exit is when silvertrend gives a reverse signal. My vote for trending indicators are triggerlines and Heiken Ashi. My votes for oscillators are RSI and stochastics. I would look into the step variations of these some more. The 3rd set would be adx and CCI. I really would like a good momentum indicator in the 3rd set. Do you know of any?? For an exit strategy, I like silvertrend signal and/or price channel stop. That allows you to ride the trend. The other solution is fixed points to take a profit, camarilla or pivots. On the gbp octaves are pretty accurate. cmon we need more input of what you think should be used in this EA. Thanks tf

Reason: