10points 3.mq4 - page 28

Thanks to all

Hi everyone,

I am new to MetaTrader and these types of threads and I think this is awesome. I am a programmer and have been messing around with Intellicharts Desktop (and their Intelliscript), an FXCM trading account, TradeItself (for automating trades with emails from Intellicharts) and a program that I wrote to speed up the sending and receiving of those emails. To make a really long story short I have spent the last 12 months of my life trying just about everything imaginable with those items and have had poor results. Not only has it been discouraging but you wont find any kind of support for those products like you can find here. People share ideas here and I think it's great that everyone works together like this. I would love to help in anyway that I can programming or otherwise. I intend to start forward testing this EA this week and look forward to seeing what everyones results are. Like I said, I am new to MetaTrader but will make learing how to program it a priority to help me and anyone else that I can.

Thanks again to all,

Matt

yeoeleven:
hawkv

Yes I used the VelocityTrader MT4 platform to forward test 10points 3 on all four recommended pairs starting at .1 unit using the M30 timeframe.

I tested DLMv1.3 on the InterBankFX platform using only EUR/USD & USD/CHF on H4 charts starting at .05 units.

There may be other platforms that permit trading under .1 but check out the brokers perameters before attempting to trade micro lots.

John

John

I got the EA and your setting, applied it to backtest and I am not getting any trades !!! Am I doing something wrong ?

Back testing

Hawkv

I have no idea about back testing most of the posts that I have read suggest that it is not a true guide to future performance.

If you are using .05 units on a platform that only accepts a minimum of .1 units that could be your problem.

John

hawkv:
John I got the EA and your setting, applied it to backtest and I am not getting any trades !!! Am I doing something wrong ?

yes, please double check your trade setting to make sure that the account you have will allow you to open up the same lot sizes. if there is a conflict the Ea will not work.

10 Points 3 Dynamic Stoploss

yeoeleven:
PipQueen,

Thank you for posting your detailed results, you are brave using MaxTrades10 and allowing the Dynamic Stoploss to kick in after 10. Especially when you add additional pairs but you have gotten away with it and only increased to 6.4 units on two occasions.

I have been progressively closing pairs as they became profitable from just before Friday 8.30AM EST preferring to sacrifice some profit to close without loss.

Do you plan to open Monday with all those pairs? If so it will be a very interesting week to monitor and we will be very interested in your results.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for replying to this post. Yes, I am planning to open Monday with those settings and pairs... I have been trying different settings, and these have been so far the best. Any other settings you may suggest? I can change them to do the testing for next week... I rely on experience

Thanks

PipQueen

I found one bug while testing it. Trailing stop does not work if it sell position, in my buy position it worked well. Please could someone fix it?

yeoeleven:
I have downloaded DLMv1.4-MQL4Contest.mq4 from http://elcactus.com/index.php

There is no code supplied so I have had to start it as supplied also needed is the FX_FISH_2MA.mq4 indicator which I also used as supplied but has options to vary. For those using the default metatrader platform I suggest changing one of the colors from black to white.

This will take the place of the DLMv1.3 testing and I will use all the recommended pairs.

John

.. why did you switch to this version, is there something that you like better about it..? please explain.

Switch

furious_angel:
.. why did you switch to this version, is there something that you like better about it..? please explain.

This is so new that I wanted to find out how it performs and I can go back to the previous version whenever.

After a couple of hours trading I will include a screen shot of the action showing the Trade so anyone can see some of the perameters as well as a detailed summary of any History.

John

Files:
dlmcomp.gif  63 kb
dlmcomp.htm  18 kb

DLMv1.4-MQL4Contest.mq4

I have downloaded DLMv1.4-MQL4Contest.mq4 from http://elcactus.com/index.php

There is no code supplied so I have had to start it as supplied also needed is the FX_FISH_2MA.mq4 indicator which I also used as supplied but has options to vary. For those using the default metatrader platform I suggest changing one of the colors from black to white.

This will take the place of the DLMv1.3 testing and I will use all the recommended pairs.

John

Edited to add that the source code is supplied but when the EA opens the second page is not available for adjusting.

Account Statement?

This is probably a dumb question but can someone tell me how to view the account statement that people have been attaching to their posts?

Reason: