Experiments ... - page 80

AngelGirl:
So many EA system to try out.. Good post to look for more.. :) Is there any subscription with forum to subscribe post so that easy to get notify.
There is no subscription to any part of the forum any more - for more than a year and a half

mladen:

Found an interesting idea for super trend (in this file : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page766 ) and decided to add it as an option to super trend (since the idea seems to be good).

The idea is to calculate middle price not using just one bar high and low but for a certain period of bars. It does not cause repainting, but changes the results enough to be considered as a good idea. If that period is set to 1 or less, then the calculation is exactly the same as the "old" super trend. Some experimenting with parameters is, as usually, advised

Some more changes to the "experiment" made (check the "gray lines")

hi, 

is it possible to add averages in this experimental supertrend.

Mazy thanks,

Goran  

mladen:

Here is a super trend averages with teh addition of a choice :

• to calculate using ATR
  • to calculate using built in standard deviation
  • to calculate using standard error
  • to calculate using standard deviation without sample correction
  • to calculate using standard deviation with sample correction

The latest set of averages is added and some minor internal changes made

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
PS: do not expect to make the "experiment" and the "averages" version results to be the same : they can not be the same (due to the differences in the way how they are calculated)

hi, 

is it possible to get .mq4 of this supertrend averages 2.6 file.

Thanks,

Goran  

roccobarocco:

hi, 

is it possible to add averages in this experimental supertrend.

Mazy thanks,

Goran  

Check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page45

hi, 

thanks for reply. Can you attach .mq4 file

Many thanks,

Goran 

roccobarocco:

hi, 

thanks for reply. Can you attach .mq4 file

Many thanks,

Goran 

Why? Isn't it working as is?

mladen:
Why? Isn't it working as is?

hi, 

it works ok, but I want it to add to my ea.

Regards,

roccobarocco:

hi, 

it works ok, but I want it to add to my ea.

Regards,

So? What stops you? You do not need mq4 file to use an indicator from the EA. In any EA all you need is an ex4 file (in fact any EA does not know to work with mq4 file). Regards

mladen:
So? What stops you? You do not need mq4 file to use an indicator from the EA. In any EA all you need is an ex4 file (in fact any EA does not know to work with mq4 file). Regards

hi, 

now I have added one of your indicator supertrend experiments 1.3 and I have defined this green part of line in my ea >

double su_trend_green1=iCustom(symbol,timeframe,"SuperTrend (experiment) 1.3",TimeFrame,period,multiplier,midPricePeriod,2,bar);

In same way I wanted to add also this supertrend averages but I wanted to know these external variables.

Regards,

Goran 

roccobarocco:

hi, 

now I have added one of your indicator supertrend experiments 1.3 and I have defined this green part of line in my ea >

double su_trend_green1=iCustom(symbol,timeframe,"SuperTrend (experiment) 1.3",TimeFrame,period,multiplier,midPricePeriod,2,bar);

In same way I wanted to add also this supertrend averages but I wanted to know these external variables.

Regards,

Goran 

Post your iCustom() call so that it can be revised (and helped) if necessary
Reason: