10points 3.mq4 - page 279

Fxao

solidsnake_84:
Where the link to dload this EA?I mean the updated and the modified one.I wanna try oso...

Hi solidsnake,

I am testing the only version posted by neta1o which can be found on page 276 post 2751.

We are eagerly awaiting his amended version with improved indicators.

John

yeoeleven:
So where are the results from the testing??

This EA is performing very well and it seems that I am the only one interested.

neta1o is on to something here and needs helpers to test and report results, he has spent lots of his time rewriting the code from scratch and has given it to us freely, the least we can do it forward test and report.

Using a mini account and trading .1 units it has produced a closed profit of $80 since the 9th with no floating loss. A lot better than other commercial EAs I am testing under the same conditions.

John

Edited to add that the slow start was due to my using the M30 timeframe and the EA getting whipsaw from the RSI signals. As soon as the H4 was used the results were quite different.

I am interested as well and believe that net1o could be onto developing something valuable. However, before jumping into any forward tests I was awaiting the new version. In the meantime I have done backtesting for 4H TF. Different from other 10.3 programs this one does well in big trends and suffers during ranging periods.

I look forward to net1o's new version and will help in any way I can, but know that further changes may come more slowly as future analyses will likely be more complex.

saintmo

Here is my results.

Didn't know how often to post. I was going to post at the end of the week

Rick

Here it is

Seems to be working real good,

I didn't see any reversals for this pair. eur/usd

Files:

Thanks for the updates everyone, I have been working ridiculously hard to try and get this code to still make money during trend changes and ranging periods. It's been an upward battle.

Lately, the forward tests have been good because the EURUSD and GBPUSD have been in a massive up trend.

In all backtests I've been closely looking at the results and all of the big hits happen during the sharp trend changes. (I say big hits meaning the most substantial losses, nothing like the original 10points3)

I appreciate all of your support and I will post some updated code soon. I've been looking at other trading systems and I am considering making the code trade different during ranging and trending markets. Will be more of a hybrid.

Keep checking back

Can it be to use on an account live or it is very to still be likely to lose all its money?

It will not loose all money like original 10points3, but it still needs to be monitored. I wouldn't run on a live account yet unless you have the time to monitor the trends.

"I've been looking at other trading systems and I am considering making the code trade different during ranging and trending markets. Will be more of a hybrid."

Sounds like another great idea. Looking forward to helping test, but I understand that your changes may well take some time.

saintmo

Hey John,

Hows it going,

Right now it looks like we are the only ones forward testing this.

I see we are both on eur/usd + your gbp/usd

Should one of us stop on the eur and try somethind else, I am only using 1 pair at the time but could increase that.

Rick

FXA0 - Ladderv0.01.mq4

rcthkd:
Hey John,

Hows it going,

Right now it looks like we are the only ones forward testing this.

I see we are both on eur/usd + your gbp/usd

Should one of us stop on the eur and try somethind else, I am only using 1 pair at the time but could increase that.

Rick

Rick,

I have added GBPUSD because it is the one pair that will get progressive EAs into trouble, my thinking being that if FXA0 - Ladderv0.01.mq4 can handle GU it can handle the most difficult pair.

Also with the small account size there is the definite possibility of hitting a margin call, all the better to see what the EA can handle. In other words I am intentionally giving this EA a hard time and if it succeeds it will prove to be a very useful EA and worthy of being used live.

Give it a diet of EURUSD with an account of $10000 using .01 units and you will never know its worth. Sure it will be profitable and never get into trouble but the returns would be minimal and as interesting as watching the grass grow.

I would suggest that you experiment with other pairs, USDJPY might be a good one to test that is another pair that easily gets into trouble.

John

Reason: