HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 55

safareig:
Hi!!

There are lossing signals today. I'm not going to post them again. I think is a big, big mistake not to point out the weak parts of any system.

But, anyway, FXCruiser is not trading the same HP we use. And it seems, like happens in other threads, we need to be kissed permanently in order to feel good. I could understand that, but what I can not stand is to cover the reality.

SF

SF, please post them again. Yes, there could be losing signals. Yes, there are weak parts of any system. Amigo, this is not a perfect world. Neither, am I painting one. If you are not using the YOU filter, among other things, you will blow your account in trading in a matter of days, and so true in life as well. Believe me, I have done it.

So, I have a different looking chart. The original v1 release has the HAMA Bars, Price Bars, Channel, and lately added, the RAVI. Let me see, the chart I posted has the HAMA Bars, Price Bars, ooops! no Channel, instead, a Trend Line (which simply emulates the HAMA Bars, so that shouldn't count), Oh, the Trade Lines (though it is custom, anyone can add something similar, as shown by others in a much earlier post), which gives me an edge for early signal and aggressive entry. Hmmm, when the price actions get going, I will throw in a real time Support/Resistance Levels and, from time to time, I will add a Pivot Indicator. Down on separate window, there is that RAVI and a dotted MACD, which I rarely pay attention to, unless, I am deviating from Trend trading or doing e-mini scalp. Pretty much the same to me except I have more colors and as others have referred to as, clutter. It was also said in a number of posts earlier that v1 original is much better and doing the job. So, there is not even a need for the new version. And, so be it.

When I suggested this trading approach here 2 months ago, upon request, I gave the HAMA PAD and posted the guidelines. Those are just plain indicators, nothing else. I only added my old PAD to make them what it is now. This thread could have been started in another forum section, I opted here. THE GOOSE will only lay the GOLDEN EGG; YOU still have to sell it to make the PROFIT. YOU play the most important role.

To put this to a close, HAMA PAD is only one the many choices you have here at TSD forum. There is your ever famous, CatFX50 by nina , The "XO" Method by ValeoFX (but, I'd rather have the XO in my cognac ), Dolly System by mrtools & Linuxser, ISAKAS Ashi by Zeman, and maybe hundreds more to chose from. I am not making any recommendation as I have not used any of them.

Remember, the POWER is in YOU!

Disfrute le, ENJOY!

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
SF, please post them again. Yes, there could be losing signals. Yes, there are weak parts of any system. Amigo, this is not a perfect world. Neither, am I painting one. If you are not using the YOU filter, among other things, you will blow your account in trading in a matter of days, and so true in life as well. Believe me, I have done it.

So, I have a different looking chart. The original v1 release has the HAMA Bars, Price Bars, Channel, and lately added, the RAVI. Let me see, the chart I posted has the HAMA Bars, Price Bars, ooops! no Channel, instead, a Trend Line (which simply emulates the HAMA Bars, so that shouldn't count), Oh, the Trade Lines (though it is custom, anyone can add something similar, as shown by others in a much earlier post), which gives me an edge for early signal and aggressive entry. Hmmm, when the price actions get going, I will throw in a real time Support/Resistance Levels and, from time to time, I will add a Pivot Indicator. Down on separate window, there is that RAVI and a dotted MACD, which I rarely pay attention to, unless, I am deviating from Trend trading or doing e-mini scalp. Pretty much the same to me except I have more colors and as others have referred to as, clutter. It was also said in a number of posts earlier that v1 original is much better and doing the job. So, there is not even a need for the new version. And, so be it.

When I suggested this trading approach here 2 months ago, upon request, I gave the HAMA PAD and posted the guidelines. Those are just plain indicators, nothing else. I only added my old PAD to make them what it is now. This thread could have been started in another forum section, I opted here. THE GOOSE will only lay the GOLDEN EGG; YOU still have to sell it to make the PROFIT. YOU play the most important role.

To put this to a close, HAMA PAD is only one the many choices you have here at TSD forum. There is your ever famous, CatFX50 by nina , The "XO" Method by ValeoFX (but, I'd rather have the XO in my cognac ), Dolly System by mrtools & Linuxser, ISAKAS Ashi by Zeman, and maybe hundreds more to chose from. I am not making any recommendation as I have not used any of them.

Remember, the POWER is in YOU!

Disfrute le, ENJOY!

fxcruiser

FXCruiser,

As said many times, thank you for what you've done!

I only want to stress that it is necessary to post all the trades HP generates: the bad and the good ones.

For instance, at 14:45cet we had an entry at 1,2660. It went down to 1,2648, but HAMA kept blue. And from there it has gone up to 1,2698.

If you closed it at, lets say 1,2648, you had a loss of -12. But then you had another entry at 1,2666 and it has gone up to 1,2698. So, you could have made those -12 back.

And if you want me to say, we are long on eurusd since yesterday (16:45cet) @ 1,2585. From 1,2585 to 1.2647 (13:00cet today). That is 62 pips.

Of course, YOU are the one who pulls the trigger.

SF

safareig well said. I think both winning and losing trades need to be posted here, they will show weaknesses and strengths of the system which ultimately I hope helps people learn to use HP better and improves their trading. Too many people are looking for the holy grail which doesnt exist, but at least by learning as much about a system as one can this will help put the odds in our favour. I also am grateful FX shared his system as we can already see some people here are using it to trade. One shouldnt consider posting losing trades to be negative or destructive attitude, actually constructive criticism is very good I believe.

creztor:
safareig well said. I think both winning and losing trades need to be posted here, they will show weaknesses and strengths of the system which ultimately I hope helps people learn to use HP better and improves their trading. Too many people are looking for the holy grail which doesnt exist, but at least by learning as much about a system as one can this will help put the odds in our favour. I also am grateful FX shared his system as we can already see some people here are using it to trade. One shouldnt consider posting losing trades to be negative or destructive attitude, actually constructive criticism is very good I believe.

creztor, I appreciate what you're saying and I have posted a couple of my losing trades. I can't post much more than that because I don't trade all the price movements, neither all trade setups, but then, I have more experience with the PAD. In a way, I am selective with my trades. I do not "consider posting losing trades to be negative nor destructive attitude, actually constructive criticism". I welcome them. But someone has post has to post them (losing trades) and break it down how it took place. You're right, the holy grail does not exist. I can only offer you The Goose.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

EURUSD M15 Chart

Please take a look at this chart on EURUSD M15. I have not traded this pair for a while. But here is how I see the trades, using the v1 original template n indicators minus the RAVI and basing it on the original guidelines. I did my best with this. But correct me, please, if I missed anything. As far as what time those have taken place, I will leave that to you to figure out. But, the chart is from PFGFX Trader MT4. Thanks.

Note: These were not actual trades, rather I just plotted those entries and exits on the chart for presentation purposes.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
Please take a look at this chart on EURUSD M15. I have not traded this pair for a while. But here is how I see the trades, using the v1 original template n indicators minus the RAVI and basing it on the original guidelines. I did my best with this. But correct me, please, if I missed anything. As far as what time those have taken place, I will leave that to you to figure out. But, the chart is from PFGFX Trader MT4. Thanks.

Note: These were not actual trades, rather I just plotted those entries and exits on the chart for presentation purposes.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Thanks for that information FXCruiser. I think that helps.

I note that the exits, in these cases, are on red price bars touching the uppper channel and would not be blue price bars touching or going below the upper channel.

I think this is a point to note for everyone - which keeps you from jumping in and out of trades.

Thanks again

e-mini #NQZ6 Trade - 102606

For the few emini traders in this thread. Here is my recently closed LONG trade for e-miniNQ using the attached MT4 M5 chart. Actual trade was entered on a different futures broker's platform.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

As we approach the Asian Opening, why not get yourself a nice smile here.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

hi fxcruiser,nice thread you have going here.....havent read the whole thing yet........long threads like this i like to start at the back to make sure there still alive, your "approach" looks quite good, just one question about the last trade pict you posted.......i have arrowed a couple of bars that look similiar to the bars that you actually exited on........but i cant see in the pict anything to say not to exit on the red bars that i have indicated.......maybe im just missing something as im not familiar with your approach.........look forward to your reply

Files:
question.jpg  124 kb

thePipHunter:
hi fxcruiser,nice thread you have going here.....havent read the whole thing yet........long threads like this i like to start at the back to make sure there still alive, your "approach" looks quite good, just one question about the last trade pict you posted.......i have arrowed a couple of bars that look similiar to the bars that you actually exited on........but i cant see in the pict anything to say not to exit on the red bars that i have indicated.......maybe im just missing something as im not familiar with your approach.........look forward to your reply

Oh, oh! thePipHunter made his way here. Thank you for your visit which I know will be short as you have your own thing going. You just got in time as it is near death. Hehehe!

Before I respond to your question, first, please note that this a suggestion for trading approach, offering a sort of pictorial guidelines on how to use the indicators. Second, I have my Unfair Advantage chart. Finally, I trade e-mini futures differently that I do forex.

Now, strictly using the guidelines, yes, your arrow pointed to an exit point. I stayed with the Long Trade because of the following (none of these indicators are shown on the posted snagshot):

* my BB3 Leading Indicator (which I cannot at this point attach on the chart) were still ALL GREEN.

* the Price Trend were still showing Uptrend Blue.

* lastly, the Price/Trend Exhaustion Early Alert Dot had not settled on the price bar until 6 bars prior to my exit. At which point, the trade already had plenty of room to wait for the red bar.

I took my exit when the Trend Lines were nearing price squeeze which becomes evident now on the following bars, vis-a-vis an NTZ. Yes, I left some ticks and points on the table.

There you go, my unfair advantage, the H2 edge. BTW, I also took out ALL of FX_Sniper's indicators which I renamed, reset, re-colored, tweaked, twisted and turned, just in time for your visit. Don't tell on me now. Hehehe!

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Reason: