Heiken Ashi manual

Anybody can direct to a good manual on how to trade with 'Heiken Ashi'?

Heikin Ashi MA

Hi FXCruiser

Thanks for the info Could you post the Heikin Ashi MA as well? For MT4

Thanx

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing FXCRUISER! Looks really good. What time frame are you trading off mainly? I like the looks of the 4hr.

mmccormac:
Thanks for sharing FXCRUISER! Looks really good. What time frame are you trading off mainly? I like the looks of the 4hr.

I am usually on H1 or M15. At today early US opening, I was using M15 and closeout about +100 pips on EUR/USD. It just all depends on what suits your trading style the best. At times, trade entries on trend beginning on lower TF will carry on to the higher TF, i.e. H4 or even D1.

I like the Heiken Ashi, especially this set up, because it gives me the flexibility to trade short term. long term or both.

Enjoy!

fxcruiser

Hi FXCruiser

Thanx so much ! Could I check with you what would your entry and exit points be? How do you use the RSI 21 with your other indicators? How do you use the 89EMA with the two 20SMAs?

Thanx

Thank You

fxcruiser:
I am usually on H1 or M15. At today early US opening, I was using M15 and closeout about +100 pips on EUR/USD. It just all depends on what suits your trading style the best. At times, trade entries on trend beginning on lower TF will carry on to the higher TF, i.e. H4 or even D1.

I like the Heiken Ashi, especially this set up, because it gives me the flexibility to trade short term. long term or both.

Enjoy!

fxcruiser

Thank you very much for your system......want to use the heiken for a while. but not comfortable with it before.......now thanks to you.....A BIG THANKS......

btw, thanks for the indicator and template

Cruiser, you rock. Thanks for sharing!

fxcruiser:
You are welcome and thank you for joining us in developing this Heiken Ashi MA (HAMA) trading ideas. Please take a look at the attached snag shot of Heiken MA bare, which you can use as stand alone to enter and exit your trade position. Notice that the MA blue bar gets thicker as the trend developes and strengthen, vice versa. This alone will keep you with your friend, The TREND. I only trade long when the price bars are above the HAMA and short when they are below or long on blue HAMA, short on red HAMA.

But typical of us all traders, we need all of them confirming indicators which tend to clutter our chart. Well, more on that later on, including the 89EMA, 20EMA, and RSI.

This is just the beginning of our journey to a profitable HAMA trading. Enjoy!

fxcruiser

Your Heiken bars are very distinct from the price bars in the chart displayed. How did you get to displace away from the price chart?

HAMA Trading Confirmations

Let me first thank raff1410 for the Heiken Ashi MA and FX Sniper for throwing in the EMA Channel. Their contributions put my P.A.D trading system into high gear profitability.

Now, here comes the basic chart clutter. Like I previously mentioned, most of us need that extra assurance by using confirming indicators. In the snag shot attached, you will see the following indicators added to the HAMA which will answer some of the questions posted earlier:

- EMA Channel - lime color - gives us another look at the developing trend. You will later observe that it contracts when the market is ranging or flat (mostly during the Asian session). Again, we trade long above the upper band and short below. You can use this as an exit point, when the HAMA price bars start to touch it.

- EMA89 - gold color - I carried this one from my PAD system trading e mini futures. It's a fibonacci number, I was told, and just gives me another trend confirming indicator. Again, uptrend above EMA89 and downtrend below.

- - - Typically, I don't go against the trend. After all it's our friend. Unless, I deploy my counter trend and breakout indicators within this HAMA system.

- NonLagMA v5 - thanks to newdigital for this one, among his many contributions to this TSD community - I use 2 of these indicators:

- - - one default setting, color 1. You may use this for your entry and/or exit.

- - - another one, set at filter 14, color 1. This one will give me an idea on flat or ranging market. You can modify your setting to suit your style. I will usually add another lot or 2 when it breaks from this market condition to the direction of the trend.

- HA Signal Alert - or you can use the EJ Alert or Asc Trend Alert - set at RISK 1. This just gives an early warning, and at times late , of possible trade set up.

There you go, you just got confirmed. This is as simple as it can be trading HAMA. Again, this is just one trade set up idea. From here, you can tailor it to your trading style, profit objective, and money management. This is not one of those system that its only gonna be done one way, their way. Make it your way.

Enjoy!

fxcruiser

Hi FX cruiser

How do you get the red and blue bars displaced from the normal Heiken-ashi bars, is there and indicator that does this or how do you set it up?

Cheers

fred:
Hi FX cruiser

How do you get the red and blue bars displaced from the normal Heiken-ashi bars, is there and indicator that does this or how do you set it up?

Cheers

Fred,

Check you PM. Thanks.

fxcruiser

Reason: