You talk about a show that's hyped and tight

Singers are sweatin' so pass them a mic

Or a tape to learn what it's gonna take

And now he's gonna burn

The charts legit either work hard

Or you might as well quit...

svirgo:
Hmmm!

Not so sure. It does not look so clear to me.

I guess, some amount of rules would need to be stated in terms of what to look for (signal line, execute line etc)

I,too, believe the snagshot is a bit cluttered, clean charts like v1 would serve its purpose better

Regards

howard:
I,too, believe the snagshot is a bit cluttered, clean charts like v1 would serve its purpose better Regards

And clean charts like v1 get you chopped I agree less is more, but hama v1 unless you are experienced and use discretion, will get you chopped a lot, Im thinking of the noobs like myself So I look forward to the upcoming release

Didn't use RaviFx

Yes, I didn't use Ravi Fx Fisher but the dots appeared big enough to take a trade on EURUSD. Seems Ravi is a must.

creztor:
And clean charts like v1 get you chopped I agree less is more, but hama v1 unless you are experienced and use discretion, will get you chopped a lot, Im thinking of the noobs like myself So I look forward to the upcoming release

For me, it's not so much a matter of trying to avoid getting chopped around (it's going to happen a bit anyway) as it is knowing exactly what I'm going to do when. Every strategy that I run has a detailed plan as to what, when, how much, when to increase size, when to decrease size, when to stop trading the strategy (broken) and so on...I don't run EAs, but everything I do could be run on one. Most people act like I'm out in left field when I share my detailed plans with them, but it works for me.

So a way to further define the parameters is more helpful to me (not necessarily more indicators, although that might be it). I'm also looking forward to the complete package.

Having said that, I do occassionally put on a demo discretionary trade, and lately I've been doing pretty well, yesterday notwithstanding. I didn't really like the idea of the lounge at first, but now I've realized that I think I would enjoy the socialization and also be able to learn some good stuff from other traders. My desire, anyway, is that it would be a place where mutual support, training, and mentorship happens. Dr. Brett Steenbarger talks about this a lot as a key to success, and I have much respect for him.

Waiting until after FOMC?

Is anyone going to trade this morning? Or are you going to wait until after the FOMC decision at 2:15 est? I think I'll wait personally.

bwilhite very well said, there is more to it than just chop, and you put perfectly in words my thoughts.

Keep and Open Mind

Good Morning to all Hama Padders.

If I could share here.I've been in the game a while and one thing I learnt is to keep and open mind.We are creatures of habit and as a rule women tend to adapt quickly to change where we tend to kick and scream a little.That being said,when FX posts the combined versions with explanations it will be like the sun coming up on a beautiful Costa Rican beach!

Version 1 is indeed simple in it's presentation but many pips are left on the table if one doesn't use his/her skills to maximize.With the new versions we can leave the broom and dust pan behind and get fat on the gravy!

Just a quick note about todays trading.Believe in what you see (HAMA PAD) not what you hear.

David

Looking back 2 months ago...8/25/06...,

when this thread was started and the HAMA PAD was suggested as A Simple Trading Approach. It has come a long way since, now over 500 posts. It was said that in my journey I "have to look back where I came from to reach the destination where I am going." Whatever, let's look back at these trailerblazers before I reply to all the other posts.

* pipsnapper posted the first reply within the first hour.

* Linuxser followed with this post. He has gone to join up with mrtools and developed the Dolly System, a retrofit of the most ever popular and "most accused" Indonesian entry to trading system, The WSS - Winning Solutions Sytem and, thereafter cloned with The Valasholic. You guys may want to say Hello to Dolly. You may like it and decide to stay. mrtools and Linuxser were very helpful to me in getting this thread going.

* radicalmoses made his comments on this post #4

* cafedacruz was here and gone. Maybe, he has developed his own system based on HAMA and kept to himself. hehehe! Or, he could have just dumped it. Then, there is the >

* hulahula the "adrenalin machine" with his post here. He couldn't wait to grow up to rename himself "FX Sniper_2" and gone around many threads with his welcomed excitement.

* viat expressed his interest here. I think he is around somewhere here.

* kevmcfoster was here looking for the indicators and gone, back, gone, and back still looking for the indicators. I hope you find it for whatever purpose you may want to use it for.

There you go, Day 1 of HAMA PAD on TSD forum. That's the past, now to the present, and later a glance to the future.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Reason: