CatFx50 - page 535

jwoger
jwoger  

there is a lot of talk of "the summer doldrums being upon us." Is summer usually slow/ bad for currencies? nina? Anyone? thoughts are welcome. and yes this is related to the catfx system.

Fet0r
Fet0r  

Yes, Nina. Really waited for breakout, didnt happen once again, closed position with +8. Could close with +40, but it was worth risking 30 pips profit in sake of taking more profit if breakout would take place.

So im happy with today's results.

I'm testing catfx50 on demo account for 3 weeks now and satisfied with results so far, traded only level 1 signals so far, start to trade level 2 and level 4 signals now.

Exit part for level 4 signals still unclear for me, i think about l3 and h3 levels for it unless the signal is very strong (high juice) then we can keep it in hope to break l4/h4 levels?

nina:
Hi!

Fet0r, have you seen what kind of market we have?

That's why, when I can, I scale. Look at eurusd now: 1.2571

Nina
jwoger
jwoger  

Fetor, what have your results been while in demo trading?

forexplayer
forexplayer  

jwoger,

I have heard that term before in a forex chatroom. Last year around this time of the year when i made my foray into forex, i was at a chatroom where they called live signals. They made a mention of this and blamed this for the thin volume. The big guys (mostly european traders) seem to take this time of the year off. But i am not really sure about it.

jwoger:
there is a lot of talk of "the summer doldrums being upon us." Is summer usually slow/ bad for currencies? nina? Anyone? thoughts are welcome. and yes this is related to the catfx system.
jwoger
jwoger  
forexplayer:
jwoger, I have heard that term before in a forex chatroom. Last year around this time of the year when i made my foray into forex, i was at a chatroom where they called live signals. They made a mention of this and blamed this for the thin volume. The big guys (mostly european traders) seem to take this time of the year off. But i am not really sure about it.

Ok. Well i would like some thoughts on how this summer's thin liquidity might affect catfx50 as a system. I think it shouldn't affect it at all. i'm thinking that instead we will just see smaller moves in the markets. Nina or any other experienced trader, What do you guys think?

Don't get me wrong. CATFX50 is awesome and it does work. i am not bashing it or anythying. I just want to know if the markets behave differently in the summer and if they do, how.

goldensight
goldensight  

Yes Volume changes, it is true. From my observation the markets behave differently in the Summer, they also behave differently in the Fall, they also behave differently in the Winter, they also behave differently in the Spring. The market is dynamic, organic, forever changing.

jwoger
jwoger  

ok so then tell me, how do they behave in the summer?

goldensight
goldensight  

The same way they will behave tomorrow. And if you know how they will behave tomorrow, put me on your list to manage my money. My intention isn't to be facetious but you are trying to box in the market, you can't feel safe by presuming you will know it's behaviour in any given season. The market moves in the summertime and the volatility is lower but the retail trader attempting to make money may be affected by it but not seriously.

jwoger:
ok so then tell me, how do they behave in the summer?
jwoger
jwoger  
goldensight:
The same way they will behave tomorrow. And if you know how they will behave tomorrow, put me on your list to manage my money. My intention isn't to be facetious but you are trying to box in the market, you can't feel safe by presuming you will know it's behaviour in any given season. The market moves in the summertime and the volatility is lower but the retail trader attempting to make money may be affected by it but not seriously.

ok. i just wanted to know if you have noticed the changes ie. the GBP moves less etc etc but i guess no one can really know. Thanks anyways.

harold4x
harold4x  

technical analysis is based on human emotions to what they hear conserning economics so it doesnt matter if volume is less or more just trade what you see and you will do ok