CatFx50 - page 538

Fet0r:
didnt have any validated signals on eur/usd. When we look at chart now, too bad stepma_stoch hist was green when eur/usd crossed ema50 and closed 15 pips below, we would be with 40 pips profit by now. Well maybe today it stopped us from profitable position, but another day it will save us from losing position. remember "zero" is always better then loss...

No, no, no.

CatFX50 gave a nice signal to go short on eurusd at 1,12627 (11:30cet).

Ok, I'm busy now3, we'll talk later on.

Nina

I take this tactic very seriously and I want to choose it as my primary tactic at live account (after i finish testing on demo) therefore I want to learn it.

I dont see any signals (according to rules) at 11:30cet.

I have attached pic below, tell me if i have right StepMa_Stoch (maybe my settings are messed, but i doubt it ).

- At 10:00cet (9:30cet close bar) price crossed EMA50 and closed 14 pips below, StepMa_stoch histogram was green by that moment.

- At 10:30 we had 1 consolidation bar before price drop down again.

- At 11:30 price crossed EMA120 and closed 3 pips below it, StepMa_Stoch histogram was showing Red by then (-0.0410) but we crossed EMA120 by then (not EMA50) and price closed 23 pips below EMA50.

Can you please explain what kind of signal we had at 11:30?

Thank you, with Respect.

--Fet0r

nina:
No, no, no.

CatFX50 gave a nice signal to go short on eurusd at 1,12627 (11:30cet).

Ok, I'm busy now3, we'll talk later on.

Nina
Files:
eur.jpg  155 kb

Fet0r:
I take this tactic very seriously and I want to choose it as my primary tactic at live account (after i finish testing on demo) therefore I want to learn it.

I have attached pic below, tell me if i have right StepMa_Stoch (maybe my settings are messed, but i doubt it ).

- At 10:00cet (9:30cet close bar) price crossed EMA50 and closed 14 pips below, StepMa_stoch histogram was green by that moment.

- At 11:30 price crossed EMA120 and closed 3 pips below it, StepMa_Stoch histogram was showing Red by then (-0.0410) but we crossed EMA120 by then (not EMA50) and price closed 23 pips below EMA50.

Thank you, with Respect.

--Fet0r

Hello,

The only problem with this signal is that it is 3 pips past the 20 pips filter, if you are strict with that, then you have it correct, there is no signal.

BUT, consider that euro closed below support @ 30-35 and both chf and gbp were confirming too.

Of course hindsight is always 20/20, that s why i think that recaps should only show entry point and reasoning and not max possible pips. Though for tracking move after signal is good.

Regards.

Please find the attached file for signal on EUR/USD

Fet0r:

Thank you, with Respect.

--Fet0r
Files:
eur-usd.jpg  252 kb

nina+

today pics.... maybe down to 2575, maybe....

What support are you talking about? pivot?

First support is at 2602.

Its not just 23 pips away. Maybe I misunderstood the rules, but I always thought that when price cross EMA50 and closes below it, it should be same BAR, today we had histogram turned RED only 4 bars after EMA50 cross. It doesnt matter? as long as price is closer then 20 pips from EMA50 and StepMA_stoch signals in direction of cross , we open position? even if cross happened at 9cet and histogram changed at 14cet ? (example) Correct me please on this one.

guibermc:
Hello,

The only problem with this signal is that it is 3 pips past the 20 pips filter, if you are strict with that, then you have it correct, there is no signal.

BUT, consider that euro closed below support @ 30-35 and both chf and gbp were confirming too.

Of course hindsight is always 20/20, that s why i think that recaps should only show entry point and reasoning and not max possible pips. Though for tracking move after signal is good.

Regards.

Somehow your StepMa_Stoch crossed and gave red arrow signal later then mine (look at picture attached in previous post). Can you link me to that indicator please, having stepma_stoch crosses and histogram in same window is good idea.

avici4x:

I'm mad that i slept through such big moves. GRRRRRR

avici4x:

What settings are you using for the hist bars and anina?

hi sae2k ,

can you please post those indicators you have on the chart

i-gentor

#superxo

and moving averages you use

yeah i kinda want to know why it was a good signal at 11:30 on the eur. I guess the hist bars confirmed it then but only slightly. At least compared to my chart. I am using the settings recommended by dave as written in his trading rules. Can someone post a pic of their setup on the eurusd on m30? thanks. i just want to see something. If you have neuimex. even better.

Reason: