CatFx50 - page 531

Did anybody go short in Cable at 11:30 cet?

eric79:
Did anybody go short in Cable at 11:30 cet?

I did. I bracketed the news.

Got short at 1.1215. Closed at 1.1186.

Shorted again at 1.1167. Closed at 1,1166.

But this has nothing to do with CatFX50. OK? Though I shorted below EMA50.

nina:
Hi!

I'm asking for volunteers to make daily recaps without any success so far. Ok, no problem.

I'm going to post today's recap. But I could not always do it.

Hello nina. I am willing to do recaps. i was thinking of starting a blog with just daily recaps of the catfx50 system. i think this will help me learn very much. Let me know what you guys think.

jwoger:
Hello nina. I am willing to do recaps. i was thinking of starting a blog with just daily recaps of the catfx50 system. i think this will help me learn very much. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi!

You are welcome. Go ahead. Do them after 18:00 cet.

THX.

Nina

Nina, can we more closely discuss position's exit?

To take live example: Right now we are on short from 2579, how do you suggest to exit ? I thought about taking profit at L3 target (2551) but I didnt cause i thought we might break it on good housing news. My stoploss is on breakeven right now.

How do you react in such situations?

Hi!

Just to clear doubts, here you are with a screenshot of my USDCAD trades.

Nina

Files:
usdcad_1.jpg  45 kb

Fet0r:
Nina, can we more closely discuss position's exit?

To take live example: Right now we are on short from 2579, how do you suggest to exit ? I thought about taking profit at L3 target (2551) but I didnt cause i thought we might break it on good housing news. My stoploss is on breakeven right now.

How do you react in such situations?

Half world are waiting the same. Half world are waiting EURUSD to break with fury 1.2551. Half world.

If you can scale, the best thing to do is to close some once it hit 1.2551 and now, as we have news, protect yourself at b/e. Or if you have enough money, just place a stop of 34/40 pips. The point here is: how much did you made if you had closed some?

How much could you lose if your stop is being hit? Result?

Look, if it breaks clearly 1.2551, eurusd could go to 1.2529 - 1.2513 - 1.2489 ...... so, a nice shot. But you can have very bad US data and see how eurusd goes up as a rocket. Who knows? This market is not an easy one. Take care.

To the upside, eurusd needs to break 1.2594 and then 1.2637 and hold above in order to go to its last highs.

Nina

HI!

1.2551 has been broken before data. Do they know something?

Is it a trap?

we'll see what's going on here.

Nina

I think it was information leak just like 20 pips jump at 2nd june right before nonfarm payrolls release...

nina:
HI!

1.2551 has been broken before data. Do they know something?

Is it a trap?

we'll see what's going on here.

Nina

Boston, June 20.

EUR/USD dipped to 1.2540 in the wake of surprisingly firm US housing data.

Starts actually rose 5% last month despite 11-year lows in sentiment among

builders. Tough to figure, but the anecdotal evidence has not jibed well with

government data for sometime. Central bank buying interest is seen on dips,

making the downside a dicey proposition near-term. Barriers are seen at 1.2525

and 1.2500; offers toward 1.2595/1.2600.

Reason: