Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 61

Hi - I have been copying a signal for a 3 weeks now and its been good - however today i noticed a lot of trades lost but my signal won theirs. I looked in the journal and I can see my trades all opened and the closed a few seconds later even though checking the Signals records, theirs had opened much earlier (like 30mins earlier) but closed at the same time as mine. I think what happened is my terminal connected to the server at the time it was told to to start closing, released it hand't opened the previous ones, did that then closed them immediately - hopefully I'm making sense. Is this a common problem where the client hasn't recently checked in? I have my VPS pinging me every minute to tell me its online so there was definitely an internet connection.

Cheers, Joe 

I am new to trading and started following a signal. The signal closed after it reached my equity limit, How do i reactivate the signal? I keep getting the option to renew the subscription, where i have to pay for it. I already paid for it for a month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hello, 
i have questions about my micro account XM and MT4. I am newbie on trading with forex.
Before sorry for my bad english. 
And i please - help me.

I am subscriber to one signal on my XM micro account.

Here its link my account in myfxbook:
myfxbook.com/portfolio/streetbandit/1168733

Here its link signal provider account:
myfxbook.com/members/denmaspaidjo/kampret-2/1004537

My provider send me info for my account setup:
Yours balance is $779 and mine is $100.
i am using start lot 0.02, you should set the start lot is average 0.1 - 0.14 

My question is:
1) hi say, that have on his account ballance 100$, but i see on his myfxbook ballance 1000$. I don't understand how its possible??

2) its possible have on micro account ballance for example 50$ and see on MT4 ballance 500 $??

3) what is starting lot? Its for this calculating any formula? I dont understand how i set start lot 0.1-0.14.

4)  Where i set this starting lot in metatrader4? In terminal? Or where?

Many thanks before for answer.

Martin

ykcisrob:
Hello, 
i have questions about my micro account XM and MT4. I am newbie on trading with forex.
And i please - help me.
My question is:
1) hi say, that have on his account ballance 100$, but i see on his myfxbook ballance 1000$. I don't understand how its possible??
2) its possible have on micro account ballance for example 50$ and see on MT4 ballance 500 $??
3) what is starting lot? Its for this calculating any formula? I dont understand how i set start lot 0.1-0.14.
Martin

Hello please read this FAQ and this article.

Skygen235:

I am new to trading and started following a signal. The signal closed after it reached my equity limit, How do i reactivate the signal? I keep getting the option to renew the subscription, where i have to pay for it. I already paid for it for a month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

when u set a equity limit mt4 will automatically check whether this limit was reached. Basically the formula is: current equity ($) <= equity limit ($)

Remember in mt4 somehow MQL starts to get sloppy and used an AMOUNT field to set limits NOT percentage

Once the limit is reached MQL will NOT open any other trades that provider has just opened. It will also CLOSE all opened trades on your mt4 thats related to that provider.

It will open trades again if and when provider has opened trades AND equity $ > equity limit (It must be HIGHER coz equal will cause mt4 to close/stop trading)

2 things u can do

1) Increase equity by depositing more $

2) Erase this limit so that trades will be synch again. BUT be aware of MQL rules. if provider has positive floating trades, u hv to either force it to synch w/o confirmation (ticked in mt4 signal tab), or pop up will warn u and ask whether u want to force synch immediately or wait for better conditions

This is what I will do. UNSUBSCRIBE or UNTICK everything in the signals tab. WHY?

Buddy, that signal provider makes your equity reaches your comfort level settings (provided you are not extra paranoid and set a limit thats abt or higher 90% of equity). If your settings was eg 50% of equity loss, which is a lot that meant the provider has open trades in such high dd as to exceed or equal this limit. Eg if your equity=$1k and floating loss is >= $500 and your equity limit=$500 (50% setting). Why then u want to continue with this provider? Unless u also wanted to experience stop out and margin call functions invoked automatically by your broker?

I am sorry if u find my tone sarcastic, but face the facts and get some help as to successful subs that more experienced traders have been using. At least you should get somewhere with more profitable results!

You are welcome to PM me. Cheers!

ykcisrob:
Hello, 
And i please - help me.

I am subscriber to one signal on my XM micro account.

Here its link my account in myfxbook:
myfxbook.com/portfolio/streetbandit/1168733

Here its link signal provider account:
myfxbook.com/members/denmaspaidjo/kampret-2/1004537

My provider send me info for my account setup:
Yours balance is $779 and mine is $100.
i am using start lot 0.02, you should set the start lot is average 0.1 - 0.14 

My question is:

Martin

Brokers represent cents as dollars, some also represent lot/$ similar to standard acct

that is, eg, for a cents acct, $100.00 represented as $10,000 (eg for broker, Roboforex-cents).

1st pls understand differences b/w standard/micro/mini accts

2nd can u tell me what is attractive to this signal? you should be cautious and monitor this trading pattern/results b4 deciding on whether to continue, <removed by mod - very derogatory, please watch your language and tone>. I seriously suggest you read abt risk management, try demo accts and understand at least a bit regards trading, subscribing to signals etc

3rd reading the faq suggested is a good start, not enuf to educate yourself on how best to pick a signal. PM me if you find what I say helpful

iknowjoey:
Should we be 'checking' the Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit Levels?

NO NO NO NO

This is why.

When u check copy sl/tp, the trade CLOSED when either SL/TP is reached on YOUR mt4. Since there is always a difference in price quotes from different brokerages, your trade is closed out. Next thing that will happen is MQL will resynch and RECREATE those trades if provider has NOT closed it.

MQL has only ONE basic rule, if provider opens the trade or trade is opened and floating results is negative OPEN on subscriber's acct

If provider has open trades and floating results is POSITIVE check for syn w/o confirmation check box

If YES, open trades on subscribers acct

Otherwise pop up window and ask manually for confirmation

If confirmed, open trades

otherwise ignore

hasanisntfear:

Hello mr moderator,

If my signal provider make a trade in XAUUSD and my mt4 do not have that but have GOLD it will not copy right? What i read here is you said the signal will be disable.

So by disable you mean it just not copy XAUUSD trade or stop copying allll trades after that?

Thanks 

FAQ on signal subscription will tell u that mapping is possible from Gold to Xauusd. READ your journal log. If it said cant find this symbol, it meant it wont be copied and if provider trades this symbol your subscription is temporarily disabled and u will have to enable it manually again. Pls understand that for some instances whereby eg u hv XAUUSDfx and provider XAUUSD it may also not mapped. The reason why is some brokers for some insane reasons treat XAUUSD as CFDs. If your broker treated Gold as CFD then MQL WONT MAP it. It must be "classified" as fx.

Pls also understand for some brokers XAUUSD is Gold Vs usd and they also provider CFDs GOLD, eg IC Market (my broker). In RVD market, XAUUSD is classified as CFD and thus MQL will not map that if symbols differ b/w provider and subscriber.

Thus MQL also checks on classification b4 mapping. As I pointed out some brokers have TWO symbols, XAUUSD and GOLD (like IC markets). CFD GOLD symbol meant u r directly dealing w GOLD there is NO COUNTER symbol, whilst if u sell/buy XAUUSD it meant u r buying/selling Gold and selling/buying USD (the counter symbol)

ALWAYS tally results against whatever subs you have make to ensure that u get all the trades. If not ALWAYS read the journal log to try to troubleshoot the issue

This has been the mapping enabled since V600, and yours truly (and maybe a bunch of MQL traders) has fought hard and long and aggressively almost knocking on developers head to provide 2-way mappings since 2013. 

larsbvb07:

Hi there,

I paid to subscribe to a signal for one month on 4th february 2015. Is it possible that I stop my subscription in my account and continue the subscription in another account without paying again?

Thx for helping me:)

sorry, used it or lost it. ONE subscription tied to ONE mt4 acct

GoldGuru.in:

I am using two MT4 terminals on my system, checked both journals.. no such warnings. The journal from both terminals (merged) is attached. 

MT4 Build 765 (FXCM)

and

MT4  Build 509 (FXPro)

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro with Internet Explorer 11 

Any help shall be highly appreciated..

2 possible areas to check

1) chat w help support, perhaps this broker didnt enable or not available for signal subs. There are a few brokers that DONT include this into mt4

2) check under control panel, user acct control settings, make sure you have enable system to notified you of changes. THIS IS MUST you cannot set this to DONT notify since MQL needs to create folder into the App/user path for indicators/ea etc. If you set this off, thinking that it will allow apps to install anything, u hv to set it back.

This setting is under systems and security in the control panel. If u running win 8 or above google for this settings of where u can find it/setting it to default mode (which is enabled) pls refer below for win 8.1 settings. If you r running vps on win97 or whatever pls check relevant sections

Reason: