Signal is using GBPUSD. but my broker doesnt have DOT at the end of the currency pair.

Hi Guys,

Signal is using GBPUSD. but my broker doesnt have DOT at the end of the currency pair. Can you please help me how i will convert it? Or MT4 already have this feature?

Thanks!

From this thread - Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service :

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

If a Subscriber's account has a symbol with the same name as the one on the Provider's account, and trading is fully allowed for the symbol, trades will be copied for this symbol. If trading is allowed partially or disabled for the found symbol, this symbol is considered inappropriate for copying, and the system will continue to search for a suitable symbol:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.
  2. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded.
  3. Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
  4. If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
  5. If one suitable symbol is found, it is used for copying Provider's trades.

The algorithm provides only two exceptions for metal symbols:

1. XAUUSD == GOLD
  2. XAGUSD == SILVER

In these two cases, only full permission to perform trades is checked. If such permission is present, the mapping attempt is considered to be successful.

Example 1: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – on EURUSD! (or vice versa) with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 2: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – both on EURUSD! and EURUSD. The copying is performed for EURUSD.

Example 3: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 4: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with close-only (partial) trading permission. The mapping is considered unsuccessful and no copying is performed.

Sergey Golubev:

From this thread - Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service :

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

If a Subscriber's account has a symbol with the same name as the one on the Provider's account, and trading is fully allowed for the symbol, trades will be copied for this symbol. If trading is allowed partially or disabled for the found symbol, this symbol is considered inappropriate for copying, and the system will continue to search for a suitable symbol:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.
  2. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded.
  3. Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
  4. If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
  5. If one suitable symbol is found, it is used for copying Provider's trades.

The algorithm provides only two exceptions for metal symbols:

1. XAUUSD == GOLD
  2. XAGUSD == SILVER

In these two cases, only full permission to perform trades is checked. If such permission is present, the mapping attempt is considered to be successful.

Example 1: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – on EURUSD! (or vice versa) with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 2: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – both on EURUSD! and EURUSD. The copying is performed for EURUSD.

Example 3: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 4: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with close-only (partial) trading permission. The mapping is considered unsuccessful and no copying is performed.

Hi Sergey, Thanks for the reply, where can i see the full trading permission in MT4? How can i set that to TRUE?

If you subscribed to the sygnal trading GBPUSD. symbol so your Metatrader will trade this symbol with no problem (your metatrader will trade GBPUSD instead).

For more clarification - ask the service desk.

Sergey Golubev:

If you subscribed to the sygnal trading GBPUSD. symbol so your Metatrader will trade this symbol with no problem (your metatrader will trade GBPUSD instead).

For more clarification - ask the service desk.

THANK YOU Sergey!

ad66091:

Hi Sergey, Thanks for the reply, where can i see the full trading permission in MT4? How can i set that to TRUE?

full trading permission is not exactly a setting. Eg, of a setting, its needed to set to autotrading if you need to trade with an EA, or risk percent for a signal subs under options, community tab

in this case whereby u r using signals, full trading permission meant eg brexit some brokerage totally shutdown the servers and warn that there is no trading allowed or no trading allowed on GBP pairs. When that happens logic is programmed into the mt4 at broker's server end (our mt4 is just reflecting the logic on server's end, its just almost a dummy for us, we trade, trades are sent to server to execute).

Thus if full permission is not available mql simply wont mapped, dots or no dots (ie even u have 100% exact symbol matched if brokerage stop that currency from trading u cant map that currency).

You should always have a good habit to tally trades against signals u subs, as well as read journals immediately if u didnt get any trades/got trades open late/close early/close late etc. Check for error messages n figure out whats wrong b4 sending ticket to mql and attached your relevant portion of the journal log if its too large, as mql service desk has a limited size to what file sizes u can attached (need to describe to mql what happens and explain that journal log is what size so mql wont ask again that u attached entire log==>of coz been there done that, thats why I knew 😂). You can opt to attach the relevant portion from trade open to trade close by using copy&cut&paste or snipping tool or whatever pic edit tool u like

Reason: