Tech Targets: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY - UOB

Tech Targets: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY - UOB

28 June 2016, 10:09
Vasilii Apostolidi
0
29

EUR/USD: Bearish: Room to extend lower but 1.0820 is a major support.

The rapid decrease in volatility was surprising but the overall undertone for EUR is still negative and we continue to target a move to the major level of 1.0820. However, this is a very strong support and may not be easy to crack.

GBP/USD: Bearish: A move to 1.3000 would not be surprising.

As highlighted yesterday, 1.3225/30 is a tenuous support and a break of this level would shift the focus to 1.3000. GBP dropped rapidly to an overnight low of 1.3122 but overextended short-term indicators could slow down the pace of any further decline. Overall, we continue to expect the current GBP weakness to extend to 1.3000. 

Copy signals, Trade and Earn $ on Forex4you - https://www.share4you.com/en/?affid=0fd9105 

 

AUD/USD: Neutral: Expect choppy trading between 0.7305/0.7510.

While the pull-back from last Friday’s 0.7650 peak is picking up momentum, only a drop below 0.7305 support would indicate a sustained AUD weakness in the coming days. For now, we hold a neutral view and expect this pair to trade within 0.7305/0.7510 range. That said, downward pressure would continue to increase unless there is a move back above 0.7510 within these few days.

NZD/USD: Neutral: In a broad 0.6975/0.7170 range.

Similar to AUD/USD, the pull-back from last Friday’s 0.7305 high is picking up momentum but only a clear break below 0.6975 would indicate that NZD is ready to head lower towards 0.6920 and beyond. In the meanwhile, we hold a neutral view but unless this pair can reclaim 0.7170, the downside risk would continue to increase.

USD/JPY: Neutral: In a broad 100.00/105.00 range.

After registering a whopping 770 pips range last Friday, USD settled down quickly and traded in a surprisingly narrow range of 101.37/102.46 yesterday. However, the outlook for USD from here is still unclear and a sudden pickup in volatility cannot be ruled out just yet. That said, we believe 100.00/105.00 should be enough to contain the price action over the next several days.

Share it with friends: