FxWirePro: USD/JPY Recovers Slightly from Fresh 18-Month Lows at 106.13, Good to Sell Rallies
- JPY bulls took a breather from their recent upsurge, USD/JPY is attempting a slight recovery from fresh 18-month lows at 106.13.
- Sluggish manufacturing activity reports from China released over the weekend weighed negatively on the markets.
- Most major Asian indices open in the red on risk-off, but lack of fresh fundamental triggers (as the Chinese markets remain closed in observance of Labour Day) sees some stabilization.
- With Japan’s markets closed for rest of the week, focus remains on the US docket.
- Key US employment data later this week, along with US ISM manufacturing PMI report.
- In the meantime, the sentiment around the global equities will play a key role.
- Technically upside in the pair lack momentum. RSI weak at 33. Major moving averages biased lower.
- Pair is holding strong trendline support at 106.10 levels, breaks below will drag the pair to 105.50 levels.
- Immediate support and resistance are located at 105.50 (Oct 16th 2014 low) and 107 respectively.