MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 977

probably me being a bit dense but i get this message when i try to close orders in one of my metatrader accounts yet dont get it in others?? surely i can close my order at any point cant i??
Hello any one who can help with the code for the following strategy I use two charts 4 hour and (5minchart) or (1hour chart)   4 hour chart I use one indicator RSI (14) with 50 line drawn in the centre(for the direction of the trades)  when the RSI line is above the 50 line I trade long positions on...
[Deleted]
Hi, Have been back to demo mode for a few days, opened a short position on the EURUSD this morning...later on I check to see where price is going and the chart is all black and it says "Waiting for update". I turned off/on the platform several times and nothing changes. When I go to my funded...
Please give me advise on how I can readjust stop loss and take profit values after I have opened a trade. Many times it would be advantages to readjust stop loss figures to higher values if ou are making steady profit on the trade. Can this be done in Meta Trader 4 plat form. If so please advise me...
Hello, this is my first topic. I'm a beginer in field of EA so maybe this question is not very proper, but what happens when my EA opened a position, I lost Internet connection, I got it back and I turned on my EA again. Does the open position is still "working" with my EA (for example: if this...
Hello Forum, Just wondering if it is possible to have an indicator color set to none Have been experimenting with buffers and if I adjust the properties of my indicator once attached to a chart and set color to "NONE", it looks like my desired outcome But if I try and set the default within the code...
[Deleted]
Hi guys! I hope someonecan be of assistance, since I am kind of a newbie to this mql4/forex thing. I am building an EA, that does multiple transactions as the day goes on. For each day, it calculates some global parameters based on the day before. It also has a time filter. When trading resumes the...
  EA not working  (3)
Hi, any one who can help me with the code below(calling indicator).When I compile it is ok with no errors but when I drag it to the chart nothing is happening. I am still new with coding I need help to learn to write codes Thanks...
[Deleted]
  Command to await signal  (11   1 2)
I have the command to check for the desired signal. Problem is, it will trade off the last signal as soon as the EA starts. I want it to wait for the next signal to open positions. Any ideas what to code and where to place it? Any helpers please? <SNIP>
Greetings again to all community members... i would really appreciate some assistance on a problem that has been making me crack my head for too long without any success... maybe its just a simple tweek for some but being a newcomer this is a bit tough for me. my problem is... 1. Im not using a...
[Deleted]
Hi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfdVthdAr0 Take a look at the above video and if you know the solution about how to disable those popups, please, help me. Thanks in advance!
Could someone please help me, I'm fairly new to trading and only learning a few basic indicators, the MACD being one of them. I have used this tool on other platforms and they seem to be different from the one on Meta trader 4? As i said, I'm still learning so am not very big on all the tool names...
Hello, I'm trying to do simple EA for the moment and i don't understand why the following one doesn't work to close all the positions : for (int iCompteur = OrdersTotal() - 1; iCompteur >= 0; iCompteur--) // Boucle pour vérifier toutes les positions ouvertes ou en attentes { iTicket =...
[Deleted]
Need help. How to draw H+L/2 price of the first five minutes every hour on M1 chart. Thank you for help.
please who can help me here. If i want to attach my EA on about 5 different currency charts, does it necessarily mean that i must change their magic numbers. i mean each chart must have different magic number from the other?
hello good day friends please can you help this kst indicator not working: when a new candle occur, my personnal indicator don't update to new value, it seems NULL so i have to click an other Interval unit to refresh the indicator :( dont see input for weight of each part ? :( T H A N K S
[Deleted]
  Why sell profitable EAs!  (107   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
I read an ad like this: Selling a system 2-3% a day stable! The price of $ 500! Even 1000, even 2000! WHY????? Take a loan and pay back the annual interest on the loan in a week, and then get the whole year clean! Only it will not be so, because if there was an advisor giving 3% a day (I'm not
[Deleted]
  fxGrant  (1)
the sample EA's that came with the download don't produce any trade's on the system tester. am i doing something wrong?
I want lay complain to the admin. department of MQL5 community. please how do i do it, where and whom do i refer to?
[Deleted]
2012.10.16 03:48:55 '1526387': order buy 1.00 NZDUSD opening at 0.81887 sl: 0.81817 tp: 0.81927 failed [Off quotes] 2012.10.16 03:48:55 '1526387': request in process 2012.10.16 03:48:55 '1526387': request was accepted by server 2012.10.16 03:48:54 '1526387': instant order buy 1.00 NZDUSD...
Hi, I'm considering replicating with MT4 my trading algorithm I have written in VBA. Since there does not seem to exist an appropriate interface from VBA to MT4, replication may be a better option. My question is how easy it would be to create this replication? If I understand correctly, MT4 has
Hi, i try to write an EA and get the values from DT-ZigZag-Lauer indicator with following code: int depth = 5;int GrossPeriod = 240;      double Lauer_BUY = iCustom(NULL,0,"DT-ZigZag-Lauer",depth,GrossPeriod,0,1);double Lauer_SELL = iCustom(NULL,0,"DT-ZigZag-Lauer",depth,GrossPeriod,1,1);if...
[Deleted]
I cannot find out my mistake on the following code of my custom indicator. I can compile it. But the MT4 starts thinking forever on this part when I insert it on the chart. On the other hand it works well on C++. Please point out my mistake. void Func(int no, int arrayA[], int no_arrayA, double...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I was messing around the other day with MT4's default ADX indicator. It has a apply-to price choice (close, high, low, typical, etc). It works great in the charts. However when I tried to extract the code for it using the ADX source code in MQL4 codebase. The choice is not available as...
MT4 trade history will show 'profit' on the footer pane. But some brokers are charging commission rather than spread. As an improvement - MT4 ought to add a total for the commission column footer (when unhidden) that reflects 'profit-commission'.
I was looking for a function where I can get the current quote rate, but was unable to find it . I found point while searching for it, but I don't think I understand the full functionality of point as of yet, so I need some clarification. I am going to try my best with coding examples of what I am...
I just started using a Hull MA. I've looked for a crossover alert that can use "names" to identify which moving averages to keep track of...but cannot find such an indicator. Does anyone know of such an indicator? It seems pretty simple. I just need a name field to "see" which moving
Any ideas on how to fill an array in a "clockwise spiral" fashion?. If I create a form whose seed number is 1. With an upper max of X*Y. The array dimensions will be the square root of X*Y or Array(X,Y). If I had another one dimensional array with the numbers 1 thru X*Y, how can I fill the main...
Hi all, again and sorry for misunderstanding: take a look to this indicator and you definitely figure what i meant with ("problem is that i have to wait to next day to draw if i put it on chart today") if you put it on live chart you will not see any thing (and that is the problem) so test it on...
[Deleted]
datetime current_bar_time;int file; int i; int pair_condition [2]; double lots [1]; int count;double high, low, close, volume;double assets;string pairs [21] = {"EURUSD","AUDUSD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPUSD","GBPJPY","NZDUSD","USDCAD","USDCHF","USDJPY","AUDCAD","AUDCHF","AUDJPY","EURNZD","CADJPY"...