MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 978

[Deleted]
When creating an Expert Adviser using MQ4, is it possible to allow users to select from a drop-down containing pre-defined options? The values to variables can be adjusted by users if they click on the "Inputs" tab of the Expert Adviser.  I know how to let them select "true" or "false" and I know...
Hi there, I'm supposed to do something fairly simple, but I'm getting problems.  I receive a variable containing the SL level, that I want to use in my OrderSend.  Everything works fine if I calculate my sl based on Ask price as in ordersend example in doc, but I get error 130 if I try to directly...
[Deleted]
This is my 1st post. I browsed for the subject on the Forum but I couldn't find any clue regarding my issue. I've developed an EA which is delivering fairly well, however I'm facing this issue which I cannot address. Here's the flow: 1. I launch the EA which runs just ok, opening and closing orders...
  trade limitation  (13   1 2)
hi all, i need a help in coding i want to disallowed trading for a few bar, lets say 10 bar after a trade is closed, how do i do that?  
Hi, as far as you know, is there any way to retrieve by code a list of the files (and how many) contained in the \files folder?    Thanks Regards Stefano 
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm totaly new to MQL 4 but wanted to create an Expert Advisor so I used a programm, it works ok but i'm not fully statisfied, the EA should open orders on the Crossover aof the MA's ( just 2 MA's) long and short. Now the problem is, that the EA can just open ONE order at the same time and thast...
  range bars.  (2)
Hi, I am doing an Expert working with range bars, but I want to include the code range bars inside my EA, because I don't want to have to install it separately. Is this possible? Thanks.
[Deleted]
As at today, I m having difficulties closing my trade and even when I want to place new order the platform is not responding, please what is the problem and what should I do help.
  Help for MQL4  (1)
Hi Guys ,   I am not sure if here is the right place to ask thisquestion or not . Sorry if I am in wrong topic .   I am completely beginner in MQL4 programming . Just haveto 2 quick questions.   1- If I have a script or expert ... and if I need to runthis 24 hours , can I quit meta trader and...
[Deleted]
Print (Bid+ "<" +CheckLowest()); if (Bid < CheckLowest()) { Print ( "Buy!!" ); } below is the journal log 2012.11.06 22:03:06 2012.11.01 13:15 Bar GBPUSD ,H1: 1.61115000<1.61169000 but, still didn't print the "Buy!!" why
[Deleted]
Hi,  with the code // Start Tester start = ShellExecuteA(0, "Open", "terminal.exe", FileOptim, PathTester, 3);  I can call a second MT4 instance and start the tester with pre-defined optimization settings. This principle is described in this article. I tried it and it works fine. But! How can I...
[Deleted]
Making sure to download all time frames of data running a 5 year back test my Tester will cut off 2012. When I do 2012 by itself I get 1/4 of the trades that I would get any other year but it'll at least show trades if I do it year by year. I get 0 mismatched chart errors and my broker is...
Lets assume the following (simplified) Code: extern double Lots = 0.1;extern double LotMultiplier = 1.4;/* First Order */myLot = 0.1;/* Second Order */myLot = 0.1 * LotMultiplier; // = 0.14/* Third Order */myLot = 0.14 * LotMultiplier; // = 0.196/* ... n Orders ...*/myLot = <LastOrderLotSize> *...
Hi,  I'm just doing some research about the MarketInfo function, and I just receive "0" (zero) int start(){double tt=MarketInfo(NULL,MODE_TICKVALUE);   Comment(         "Tick Value     : ",tt+"\n"+         "Tick Size      : ",MarketInfo(NULL,MODE_TICKSIZE)+"\n"+         "lot  Size      : "...
[Deleted]
I¡m looking for a good MQL4 developer. The 80% of the EA is finished, but I need to put new parameters and I need help, because I dont have time. Its a good proyect an I need a good developer who believe in that. Contact me on cataloniacn@gmail.com THANKS
[Deleted]
Dear experts, I was hoping to code up something to determine how far price retraces when a certain iWPR values is hit. For example, price goes up and eventually hits iWPR > -5 and we're calling it an overbought, price eventually retraces. I want to determine somehow by how much on average this...
I try to make my EAs fit for 4-digit AND 5-digit Broker. Currently I use 5 Digit Broker Lets Assume I have StopLoss 20 and TakeProfit = 60. This is my current Calculation: int StopLoss = 20;int TakeProfit = 60; double tp = Ask + TakeProfit*myPoint; double sl = Ask - StopLoss*myPoint; // BUYdouble tp...
[Deleted]
Hello, As the title says, I have this bit of testing code, but the file has only one "1" no matter how many times I run it. What am I missing? Thanks! int handle;handle = FileOpen("test.txt",FILE_BIN|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE);FileWrite(handle,"1");
Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 445 New MetaTrader 4 client terminal build 445 is being prepared for release. MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 445 Terminal: Added integration of MetaTrader 4 client terminal with MQL5.Signals service. Now, all users having MQL5...
[Deleted]
I wrote an expert advisor that does what it is intended to do on a demo account (EURUSD 1 hour chart). When I try to test it with strategy tester on the same pair and timeframe I get very strange opened positions. Anyone interested to give some feedback/help? the mql4 is attached 
Hi there I can´t get my EA work on GOLD at an ECN trader (FX Open for instance). The EA managed to open 1 order but after short time, when there is the need to open another order (in this case an opposite one) The Tester shuts down an displays the following message on the diary 2012.11.04 23:26:06
Hi folks, I've Google a bit and not been able to find an answer . . . ERR_SEND_MAIL_ERROR (4061), what problems/issues/faults can cause this error to be generated ? thanks in advance.
Hi, anyone with a link to a Fractal indicator that allows parameter changes of the number of bars it counts? The default is five, would like to modify accordingly. Thanks!
Hello, Sorry for my English ... I am looking for a flag that is combined RSI and Bollinger Band. Among you, someone that he would or could develop this indicator. Thank you in advance for your help.
Hello Everyone. I am having a problem with Error #130 (I have looked through the documentation and have not found anything that can help me so far). I have attached the code below - aside from the other issues in the code, I am just focusing on this for the moment. For some reason, if I change the...
i printed OrdersHistoryTotal in Strategy Tester, I got the maximum value as 99. whereas in demo/live it shows more than 400. Why is it so?
hi all, is there a way to hide this screen after i click on buy/sell button. ??  Script or EA to Auto click on OK! or simply doesn't show.. !
[Deleted]
bool OrderClose(        int ticket, double lots, double price, int slippage, color Color=CLR_NONE)Closes opened order. If the function succeeds, the return value is true. If the function fails, the return value is false. To get the detailed error information, call GetLastError().Parameters...
[Deleted]
  Foolproof arbitrage EA  (11   1 2)
Hi All, I am very new to MQL4 but have been wondering about the possibility of a trianngulararbitrage EA for a while. Here is the code ,courtesy of Codersguru, for a fractional product oscillator. I notice this uses MODE_CLOSE for each pair, could this be applied to live tickdata? As I am...