EA not runnig in strategy tester.

My EA is not running in Strategy Tester. After pressing start nothing happens. The journal says “loaded successfully” and nothing else. I am testing on H1, every tick, using dates Dec 1, 2012 - Dec 20, 2012.  I have also tried daily, open prices only and all dates.

When I place the EA on the chart I receive no errors.  However the EA has not hit a trigger point so I do not know if it is running correctly.

Back story. Last night MT4 would not connect to Oanda. This morning I reinstalled the software from Oanda and reloaded my EA from the backup files and now I cannot back test my EA or any others.

screen shot

For starters, make sure you have Historical Prices for the Date-Range under test. Also check to see if the Expert makes it as far as the Start(). Example of that Here.

JAB:

My EA is not running in Strategy Tester. After pressing start nothing happens. The journal says “loaded successfully” and nothing else. I am testing on H1, every tick, using dates Dec 1, 2012 - Dec 20, 2012.  I have also tried daily, open prices only and all dates.

When I place the EA on the chart I receive no errors.  However the EA has not hit a trigger point so I do not know if it is running correctly.

Back story. Last night MT4 would not connect to Oanda. This morning I reinstalled the software from Oanda and reloaded my EA from the backup files and now I cannot back test my EA or any others.

You need to tell the Strategy Tester what Symbol you want to test on . . .  your screen grab shown no symbol selected. 

RaptorUK:
You need to tell the Strategy Tester what Symbol you want to test on . . .  your screen grab shown no symbol selected. 

Why is it also the simple things that are missed.  Thank you.

JAB:
Why is it also the simple things that are missed.  Thank you.
Happens to all of us,  you are welcome ;-)

Also click visual mode. Without it (and not optimization) it will make one run and stop.

With visual mode you can see how its trading and verify it's doing what you want.

Reason: