MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 841

Hi! Iam a newbie in the EA-programming-business. I built an EA made backtests and did a little bit analysis in excel. And i saw that this strategy makes with a higher percentage 2 losses and then comes again a winningtrade. So now my question: Is it possibile to built a filter/indicator or...
[Deleted]
Hello, I know that I can move to a specified date by hitting Enter, typing dd.mm.yy and hitting enter, however this positions that specific candle at the far left of the screen showing many newer candles. Is there a way that I can move to the specified candle so that it is at the far right,...
[Deleted]
Suppose I want to know the profit an order will give me when the price reaches a certain value I will give the example of a specific order: A buy order for the eurgbp symbol buy price=0.8585; lots=0.1; leverage=100; swap=0.017; commission=0 At first I thought it would be something like:...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have not used MQL or MetaTrader in a while, but, for now, decided to have a look at it again, so I am starting back at the basics, to get back into it. I have an expertadvisor a.mql4, whose start function looks like this (for testing): int start()  {//----   int i = 0;   Print("hi");...
[Deleted]
Newbie here, I was fooling around with the insert - indicators - custom settings and got my chart all cluttered up, now I don't know how to remove or reverse the changes. Can anyone help? Ha ha ha never mind, I fooled around some more and found the answer (click on the chart itself in exactly the
Hi, I am using wininet.dll to pass some data from my webserver to mt4. Everything is working as it should I do however once in a while get the following error message: "function 'InternetReadFile' call from dll 'wininet.dll' critical error c0000005 at 763A1285." When I get this message the response...
Hi, I've an horrible problem that suddenly happened this morning and I can't fix it: When I launch the MT4 terminal all my .ex4 EA files are automatically deleted. Of course, if I shut-down the terminal and just compile from MetaEditor, everything is fine EX4 are well in the expert folder. If I...
[Deleted]
good day, may i know how do i : Get Trade ID / Order ID while doing open position / new order (not pending order).Get Pending Order ID while doing pending order. Get trade / position listing information include Order ID, Time, Type, Size, Symbol, S/L, T/P, Price, Swap, Profit.Get Account History...
Hi guys, I am looking to improve my EA to try to let the profits run a little further. At the moment the TP is set at the time of trade entry along with the stop. Part of the entry signal is a simple MA crossover, so hoping to use the same MA's to exit. For a sell trade for example... What I would...
[Deleted]
I have added a web chat room to my trading website. It works pretty well also on mobile, I can add graphs images and videos. But it is not letting me integrate my user base (I have around 800 users). I checked both RumbleTalk chat and c-box chat but than the lack of 3rd party users integration is a
Hi, I can insert the arrow fine in the M1 EUR/USD in which the EA runs. I run the ea to generate a .HST file containing the ticks and show that information in an offline chart. When I tell it to show the arrow object in the current window it shows fine. When I tell it to create the object in the...
Hey, Folks Some of you have corresponded with me in previous threads and may remember me saying that I wouldn't come with questions unless I needed to. I guess the time has come. I've been working on an indicator that I plan to sell and have encountered a situation that I can't find a way to remedy....
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a script with a while (true) loop attached to a chart. When I save this environment to a profile, the information about the script attached will not be saved in the profile. I.e. when reloading that profile, the script won't be attached to the chart. Is there a workaround for that? Thanx...
[Deleted]
  mothlymedian,weeklymedian  (14   1 2)
Hi can somebody tell me how to find the mothly as well as weekly previous median in mql4? Thanks
  -1.#IND error  (12   1 2)
there is this custom indicator whenever i call it it gets the following value -1.#IND. I checked the corresponding value by cntrl+D there in the data window the value seems to be fine and the indicator is coming out just fine in the indicator window. the indicator has 3 buffers, 0,1&2. while...
[Deleted]
. Hi to all! :) I've got an EA that works with pending orders. While the pair is going down the EA put some pending (buy) orders in the medium-term resistances created... then, when the pair goes up those pending (buy) orders are open when the price reach each order! And it does the inverse for the...
//List is defines as list of double values//I store the data -> I checked //A and B are just simplification and in my code they are names of constants for beter readability of codeeventList[A][B] = VAR1; //VAR1 = 4.0//than I check valueif(eventList[A][B] > 0.0){ //TRUE}else { //FALSE} //Problem...
Hello, i would like to know if there maybe exists any open source EA, which read signlas (strings) from web (html page) and then automaticly make orders from html string. Duke
Hi, I want to apply ALFA.mql EA on GBPUSD M1 chart, BRAVO.mql EA on GBPUSD M30 chart, and no EA on the GBPUSD M5, M15, etc... Can anyone explain me how can I do that? TIA !
Hi all, I've only been coding for a week but have found my way around most things i want to do so far. However this one particular seemingly simple task is causing me no end of grief. i have searched this site and web and found various different solutions all of which i have attempted to make work....
Hi, I have created an indicator that generates trading signal and write them on an .CSV file. Now i'm trying to code the indicator to send that file over FTP to my server. I know that the function SendFTP can't be called from custom indicators, so my question is... There is a way to convert my...
Hello I have noticed something it is weird to me. I made an EA and attached to the chart and run as good as i want, but when i change the timeframe to an other on the same chart, the EA start up its functions again. I know when the EA removed from chart, EA calls Deinit() function, but in this case...
Hi all, hoping for some input on this from your experience or viewpoint. After a getting results from a parameter sweep, how do you analyse the data to find 'patches' of good results. I mean, if you have a good set, but change one parameter slightly and suddenly the results are bad, I think it's
Hi, i need to find the index of an open order relative to the open of any other candle afterwards and then displaying it in metatrader using comment. I have tried using orderselect and iBarshift and have only been successful using print but cannot get comment to display the results, please any help...
I need to download historical data on technical indicator values per candle. Is there an existing MT4 script on this forum that I could use as a template?
I want to create a script that will write the value of a technical indicator to an array or buffer for every candle in a chart. I saw the function ArrayCopySeries but that appears to only apply to open/high/low/close and not to things such as the macd or moving average. Is there a similar function...
[Deleted]
Lets say at 1pm a moving averages hits 1.500 then at 2pm it hits 1.600 then for the rest of the day it goes back to 1.500. is there anyway i can store that the info had once reached 1.600? The strategy im using consists of three different events happening but not necessarily at the same time. I just
  Filling a 2D Array  (10)
I am trying to generate a 2D array of high, low, open, close prices and I am totally lost as to how to fill the array. double   PriceArray[1000][4];int init()  {   {   for(int i=1;i<1000;i++)   PriceArray[i][0] = iHigh(NULL,240,i);   PriceArray[i][1] = iLow(NULL,240,i);   PriceArray[i][2] =...
Hello Folks, I want to import live ticks from an external datasource to Mt4. I have my own live generated data (Math experiment) and want to analyze them live in Mt4 with some indicators. Is there any way to do this? I can write my data in any possible format over c# but how can I import in MT4
[Deleted]
I have downloaded 5yrs history of EURUSD pair in M1 chart with the help of FXCM technical resources. When I build Renko chart for EURUSD in M2 time frame with data feed for M1 I get renko charts only till April 2013. Pl. let me know how to go about building renko charts till jan 2012. Also pl