a question about stop loss

according to my acknowledge, when we send an order on MT4 with its stop loss by ordersend(), the MT4 operator can see the stop loss, and if we set stop loss by EA, nobody can see it.

so why not set 0 as stop loss in Ordersend() and set real stop loss by EA all?

vx0532:

according to my acknowledge, when we send an order on MT4 with its stop loss by ordersend(), the MT4 operator can see the stop loss, and if we set stop loss by EA, nobody can see it.

so why not set 0 as stop loss in Ordersend() and set real stop loss by EA all?

See terminal open trades and you will see

vx0532: according to my acknowledge, when we send an order on MT4 with its stop loss by ordersend(), the MT4 operator can see the stop loss, and if we set stop loss by EA, nobody can see it. so why not set 0 as stop loss in Ordersend() and set real stop loss by EA all?
The stop-loss order is on the broker side. The ea checking for order_close conditions isn't. So why not ... because if you lose your connection to your broker, your ea cannot close the order.

ubzen:
The stop-loss order is on the broker side. The ea checking for order_close conditions isn't. So why not ... because if you lose your connection to your broker, your ea cannot close the order.

So it is.

by the way, is it very often to lose connection?

vx0532: So it is. by the way, is it very often to lose connection?
Why would you ask me such a question. Its your Internet connection that matters not mine. This can include vps, broker, and isp. If you do-not know what those are, try searching them on google.

ubzen:
Why would you ask me such a question. Its your Internet connection that matters not mine. This can include vps, broker, and isp. If you do-not know what those are, try searching them on google.

Ok, thanks

ubzen: Its your Internet connection
And your money at stake.
Reason: