MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 840

what is it exactly that determines the value of a currency, Im guessing its mostly supply and demand, but is there other factors, like dose economic data have a direct effect on price or is it just the peoples reaction to the news, and also what changes the value when the markets closed , like what
I am running Hotforex MT4 but now want to add XM MT4. When I try to install XM I get the following error : Error Report Exception Information Code 0xc000001d Flags 0x00000000 System information Windows NT 5.1 Build : 2600 Then uninstalled Hotforex and tried again but came back with the same...
Hi, there. I must confess I am still a newbie with regards to trading as such and automated trading in particular, with just under a year of experience. But I managed to put together a MT4 cluster of over 150 terminals that can work together on a single optimization. I have been using it the past...
How can I create a script that create both buy and sell order at 10 pips apart from the current price? One script create 2 orders buy and sell at the 10 pips apart from the current price. Is it possible?
[Deleted]
  file write  (7)
hi can some body tell me why my file writing code override the existing values? int handle;   handle=FileOpen("daily.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ';');   if(handle<1)   {    Comment("File data1.csv not found, the last error is ", GetLastError());     return(false);    }  else    {     FileWrite(handle...
[Deleted]
Hello. I don't write codes but I have one that I would like to make a small modification to. When I apply the script there is still a small border at the bottom and on the right side. Is it possible to remove those 2? Code: #import "user32.dll" int SetWindowLongA( int hWnd, int nIndex, int
  Historical Data  (1)
Hello traders! I want access to dollar index's and gold's chart data back to 1971. Please guide me how can I get it in my meta trader 4. Also need some help about viewing charts in other time frames than default ones like quarterly or 3 minute charts. Thanks!
What if you averaged all 10 competing championship EAs trades into your account? The last contest seemed to profit 100% per month. Where do these EAs go afterwards? Do they just run out of steam? Perhaps I'm coming off callow to the many members on mql site but, what do you think about this?
[Deleted]
Hi, I realize some Brokers also offer options trading on equities, currency pairs, etc, and am wondering, in MetaTrader4, is it possible to also "execute"/strike on these options, or is it only possible to trade the options, without using the "actual" functionality of the option itself? Thanks!
[Deleted]
Which is your favourite trend. Bearish or bullish trend?
[Deleted]
Hi, straight-forward question: Does the strategy tester automatically take into account rollover credits/debits, on exchange pairs? I have an EA that is very simple, and only places a market order (OrderSend()), if and when specific conditions apply. For example, for GBPUSD, in the strategy tester,...
I'm trying to add some external var so i can change the colors on the indicator lines. #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 5 #property indicator_color1 Black #property indicator_color2 Blue #property indicator_color3 Red #property indicator_color4 DodgerBlue #property...
Hello guys. I made an indicator from KST Indicator, which consists on the sustraction of KST minus its 9 period EMA. The code is very simple, but as I have 0 idea of programming, I had to make from looking at other indicators code. I finally made the indicator as I wished but there is one problem
[Deleted]
There are several topics on this already but they usually explain differences in ATR values between various trading platforms, I can't get the correct values with MT4's own downloaded data. I saved MT4 chart as .csv file and calculated ATR according to rules on this page: http://stockcharts...
Hope someone might clarify these 2 quick questions for me: What is the difference between the Bid price and Close[i] during the current bar? And also I had a blank chart with a single 20 Period Exponential Applied to Close Moving Average on it. The chart was an Index Chart (Australian Share Price...
I have installed recently MT4 Version 4.00 Build 451 on a Window 7 64 bit machine. Strangely enough on this platform when setting expert advisor either to the chart or when placing expert advisor to strategy tester the inputs tab is missing.   I have this same version and build parallel on a windows...
[Deleted]
hi can somebody tell me how to create the object of arrow because what i have done is not working?the object are creating as i see on the object list but cant able to see on the chart whenever the condition met ObjectCreate("Buy"+j, OBJ_ARROW,winIndex,Time[0],Open[0],Time[0]...
[Deleted]
Does someone know how to obtain tick by tick data from Oanda for free given that I have an academic affiliation? I understood that it's one of the most reliable sources of free data, but I don't know how to proceed to get the data: open a demo account and they will ask if I am in academia or what?...
Hi! Iam a newbie in the EA-programming-business. I built an EA made backtests and did a little bit analysis in excel. And i saw that this strategy makes with a higher percentage 2 losses and then comes again a winningtrade. So now my question: Is it possibile to built a filter/indicator or...
[Deleted]
Hello, I know that I can move to a specified date by hitting Enter, typing dd.mm.yy and hitting enter, however this positions that specific candle at the far left of the screen showing many newer candles. Is there a way that I can move to the specified candle so that it is at the far right,...
[Deleted]
Suppose I want to know the profit an order will give me when the price reaches a certain value I will give the example of a specific order: A buy order for the eurgbp symbol buy price=0.8585; lots=0.1; leverage=100; swap=0.017; commission=0 At first I thought it would be something like:...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have not used MQL or MetaTrader in a while, but, for now, decided to have a look at it again, so I am starting back at the basics, to get back into it. I have an expertadvisor a.mql4, whose start function looks like this (for testing): int start()  {//----   int i = 0;   Print("hi");...
[Deleted]
Newbie here, I was fooling around with the insert - indicators - custom settings and got my chart all cluttered up, now I don't know how to remove or reverse the changes. Can anyone help? Ha ha ha never mind, I fooled around some more and found the answer (click on the chart itself in exactly the
Hi, I am using wininet.dll to pass some data from my webserver to mt4. Everything is working as it should I do however once in a while get the following error message: "function 'InternetReadFile' call from dll 'wininet.dll' critical error c0000005 at 763A1285." When I get this message the response...
Hi, I've an horrible problem that suddenly happened this morning and I can't fix it: When I launch the MT4 terminal all my .ex4 EA files are automatically deleted. Of course, if I shut-down the terminal and just compile from MetaEditor, everything is fine EX4 are well in the expert folder. If I...
[Deleted]
good day, may i know how do i : Get Trade ID / Order ID while doing open position / new order (not pending order).Get Pending Order ID while doing pending order. Get trade / position listing information include Order ID, Time, Type, Size, Symbol, S/L, T/P, Price, Swap, Profit.Get Account History...
Hi guys, I am looking to improve my EA to try to let the profits run a little further. At the moment the TP is set at the time of trade entry along with the stop. Part of the entry signal is a simple MA crossover, so hoping to use the same MA's to exit. For a sell trade for example... What I would...
[Deleted]
I have added a web chat room to my trading website. It works pretty well also on mobile, I can add graphs images and videos. But it is not letting me integrate my user base (I have around 800 users). I checked both RumbleTalk chat and c-box chat but than the lack of 3rd party users integration is a
Hi, I can insert the arrow fine in the M1 EUR/USD in which the EA runs. I run the ea to generate a .HST file containing the ticks and show that information in an offline chart. When I tell it to show the arrow object in the current window it shows fine. When I tell it to create the object in the...
Hey, Folks Some of you have corresponded with me in previous threads and may remember me saying that I wouldn't come with questions unless I needed to. I guess the time has come. I've been working on an indicator that I plan to sell and have encountered a situation that I can't find a way to remedy....