MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 792

New article Working with GSM Modem from an MQL5 Expert Advisor has been published at mql5.com: There is currently a fair number of means for a comfortable remote monitoring of a trading account: mobile terminals, push notifications, working with ICQ. But it all requires Internet connection. This...
Hello I run a optmization test on Friday (2014-02-14) and recorded results. I then ran the same optimization test today and recorded results and they were different??? Why?? The settings are exactly the same, and by the way - I save/load them from a .set file.The from and to dates are the same and...
New article MQL5 Programming Basics: Lists has been published at mql5.com: The new version of the MQL language has provided developers of automated trading systems with effective tools for the implementation of complex tasks. One cannot deny the fact that the programming functionalities of the...
Good afternoon, in first sorry if the answer already exist, but I didn't found it. I readed there a problem with sendmail function with the build 600, and I have this problem, but it resolded with the build 604. My question is, how can I do to update the build 604 please? And more I hadn't help...
  HELP!!!!  (24   1 2 3)
I cannot possibly read all these questions. I apologize if I am repeating anyone. I paid a developer in the jobs section to write an EA for me. It is mine. Why is it write protected???? Why am I unable to move the file to another computer??? Patricia
My EA performs as it should during Strategy tester (in visual mode), but when used on a demo chart it places martingale trade too early. Strategy: Sell order is placed when conditions are met, then when price goes higher (and trade is negative) the EA is meant to place a martingale trade at the...
I mean when I back test an EA, I will get a graph about all the orders; shall I draw a graph about only some of orders? such as MagicNumber==1 or 2 and so on? if i can, How?
Hey everyone. I´ve done a long search but found nothing. What i want to know. I´m planning a signal service for some of my costumers. What i want is that trades of my account are copied and filled into costumers accounts via expert. Why expert? First thing, it should be free but just for my...
I know some have already ask on how to do that in MQL4, & some better programmers have done it through their own DLL. I'm just wondering why MQ didn't expose that function to load & save expert.set file within MQL4 since it's already accessible through "manual" method. Anyway, I've made a...
[Deleted]
Hello, Please help on this issue. 1. I created a new profile for ver509. 2. How can I use the profile from ver509 on ver600 MT4? 3. I saved a new profile as Testpro, and I copied. 4. Then I pasted it into ver600 Profile directory. 5. I launched MT4 ver600. However, there was no Testpro Profile. 6....
I am attempting to use Multiterminal with 5 digit accounts and am having difficulty getting it to accept orders... Can someone tell me where to look for whatever error there may be in my set up......? All slave accounts are connected..... the master is at the top of the list.... I would like to know...
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone, I try to compare MA15 today and MA15 yesterday; MA15 yesterday vs MA15 the day before yesterday. Then I record that 2 values in 2 buffers. I try two approaches: The first one: compare, assign value, make buffer equal to that value. This needs 2 comparisons. the 2 buffers are:...
Hi, Before build 600 there was a nice search function in MetaEditor in the navigator. This came in handy for searching functions (basically anything) and getting the syntax or information in the bottom window. I do not see this in the new build 600+ metaeditor. Is it still there? Here is the old one...
Hi, I keep putting custom indicators like CCfp, MTF_Forex_Freedom_Bars or what have you in my ...experts\indicators directory. When I start MT4, they don't show up in the navigator. I am using Windows 8. How can I solve that? Many thanks, quasar
  iMAOnArray()  (6)
I'm using iMAOnArray and I seem to be getting a straight line. I'm using it on an indicator but within that same indicator itself, is this the correct way to us iMAOnArray? Could this be why I am getting a constant value along the whole indicator?
Hello. Is someone able to edit the code of this EA so it will attach to a chart in the new build 610 of mt4? I think this is a profitable EA. Will share my thoughts/settings
Hi, the 3rd tab of the backtest-options I find the Optimization - Limitations like Consecutive win (btw is that a minimum- or maximum-limit?). Is there a possibility to define my own function for the selection of the genetic algorithms?
Hi, more annoying than a major problem, but when I try and use the following I get the "truncation of constant value Error" #define INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD            0x80000000#import "wininet.dll"   int InternetOpenUrlW(int, string, string, int, int, int);#importInternetOpenUrlW(hOpen, sUrl, NULL, 0,...
  No Errors No Warnings but...  (18   1 2)
After the autoupdate of MT4 my EAs doesn’t play at all. No ErrorsNo Warnings, it just doesn’t start. What shouldI do and were should i look for further instructions about the language?
[Deleted]
HI, When build 600 automatically updated, it automatically installed it on the wrong drive it looks like. My original was installed on D drive. The new one was auto installed on C drive. TestGenerator: write file error. Is there any solution other than possibly a complete uninstall and reinstall?...
[Deleted]
Only two or three weeks I'm learning to program, and I have a simple problem, the indicator does not represent anything, the separate window is empty in -9000000 to 9000000 range. What am I leaving out? <code removed >
[Deleted]
Okay, a few days ago, I opened up a BTC-E account because I knew I could trade on 3:1 margin using Meta Trader 4. So I funded BTC-E with $450. The $450 hit the BTC-E account just fine. I then transferred it to one of the Meta Trader account numbers I had established. Problem is, I put the $450 in an...
  Unlisted error  (9)
Helloeverybody While I wastrying to set up an error handling function into my EA for the first time I gotthis error … unlisted error. My code isthe following if ( type >=0 && type <=30 ){ long_orders_array_ATF[store_long_position_4H][zz] = OrderSend(Symbol(), order_type, lot_size,...
[Deleted]
I just found out you cant trust a programmer here mql4/5 job and market section. Even if they have great reviews. He proclaimed that my idea, money is safe with him, and ended up stealing from me big time. How do you deal with this kind issues?
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to change the RSI period to 3 from the default value of 14. For some reason when i try to change the period to the value of 3. When i try to back test my strategy it will default the value to 15. Does anyone else also has this problem or just me? Please feel free to give me some...
Hi, I have started b610 in portable mode and that has changed the pasth-structure. Now I don't know where an EA or an indicator started in the startegy-tester would place its files. In the old version it was {mt4}\tester\files. Now I only have {mt4}\MQL4\Files - does this mean tester and live share...
Hello, Sorry for my bad English. I compile my old EA in the build 604 format and I receive a warning " Check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedence" on the OrderSelect line. I try to integrate parentheses, but the warning stay. If someone had a idea to delete
[Deleted]
Hi I'm trying to use the libmysql.dll in an EA, similar to https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10645 My setup is MT4 via Wine on Ubuntu (32 bit), and I only copied the libmysql.dll file into the MT4 libraries directory, no header files copied along. The dll file is from the dev.mysql website At
Hi, I'd like to add something like the image below to my custom indicator. I did this with MS-paint, but I want to do something similar in mq4 say above a target candle. How do I do this ? I have some programming background. So if you could provide a hint, I can follow that path.