I need help with a code - page 3

diamstar:
I truly appreciate all assistance rendered. No matter how complex d code is, It is great help which I might not have come up with in months and the books am reading makes d understanding relatively easy. U learn to read n understand b4 writing something meaningful.

You can't use it made this way on a real account

thrdel:

4.Get your hands on any free EA's you can download and go trough the code. Understand how it's structured, understand what each function does and then study how it does it.

Have you read the code and did you do some testing on it ...
Have you found already something that isn't right ??

Do you understand what happens and where improvements can be made ??

deVries:

You can't use it made this way on a real account

Have you read the code and did you do some testing on it ...
Have you found already something that isn't right ??

Do you understand what happens and where improvements can be made ??

I don't know au to input the symbol I want to trade n all d e a I av seen didn't include it neither.

diamstar:
I don't know au to input the symbol I want to trade n all d e a I av seen didn't include it neither.

open a chart with the symbol() you wanna trade then this EA will work on that symbol() if you attach the EA to that chart

take a read here

• iHigh you will see what NULL means

diamstar:

diamstar
What you need is to find some videos about expert advisers, hot to attach to chart, how to test, how to optimize parameters and so on.

Do a search on google or youtube. It's not that hard, you'll see.

The EA ( or Expert Adviser) will trade on the symbol of the chart you attach it to so, if you want to test it on EURUSD, you open a chart for that symbol and attach EA to that chart (there are videos available on how to do that).

I'm not selling that EA to you and I make no claims about your idea either. It may be a good idea, it may not be, I don't know. The code provided is for learning purposes only and in this case, to help you test your idea and learn in the process.

But please don't take me wrong, you need to become familiar with how to install / test / optimize /use EA's.

First learn to use it . Then you can learn to code it. Then sell it and become rich. ( ok, that last part may not make you rich but you get the idea, right ?)

thrdel:

diamstar
What you need is to find some videos about expert advisers, hot to attach to chart, how to test, how to optimize parameters and so on.

Do a search on google or youtube. It's not that hard, you'll see.

The EA ( or Expert Adviser) will trade on the symbol of the chart you attach it to so, if you want to test it on EURUSD, you open a chart for that symbol and attach EA to that chart (there are videos available on how to do that).

I'm not selling that EA to you and I make no claims about your idea either. It may be a good idea, it may not be, I don't know. The code provided is for learning purposes only and in this case, to help you test your idea and learn in the process.

But please don't take me wrong, you need to become familiar with how to install / test / optimize /use EA's.

First learn to use it . Then you can learn to code it. Then sell it and become rich. ( ok, that last part may not make you rich but you get the idea, right ?)

I understand, Thank you. I av gotten d way to do that on Google as I should av done beforehand. Am presently tryin to test run it. U have bn really helpful. Thanks once again.

diamstar:
I understand, Thank you. I av gotten d way to do that on Google as I should av done beforehand. Am presently tryin to test run it. U have bn really helpful. Thanks once again.

Please don't write ur - it's "you are" or "your"

Thank you.

Please I need further assistance, the conditions are satisfied but the e a was not activated. I tried to look through the code mayb I will detect what's wrong but I really don't know.

diamstar:
Please I need further assistance, the conditions are satisfied but the e a was not activated. I tried to look through the code mayb I will detect what's wrong but I really don't know.

I guess you attached it to a chart, you didn't run it in Strategy tester, right ?

If you put it on a chart, do you have the smiley face in the right top corner of the screen?

If not, the expert is stopped.

What settings did you use ?

Did you set the NewsHour buy the server time or your local time ? It has to be by server time.

I saw d name of d e a at the top right corner with an x in front of it not a smiley after attaching the e a . I did input the time in gmt.

diamstar:
I saw d name of d e a at the top right corner with an x in front of it not a smiley after attaching the e a . I did input the time in gmt.

https://forum.mql4.com/61541
Reason: