Noob asking for help. My fisrt script doesn't work - page 2

TraderBrian:

I'm a bit concerned. I just hit a problem where an automated order did not complete.

Order of events:

I was using build 610 until 4/5/14, and automated trades worked via automated script (not EA)

I restarted MT4 on 4/5/14, and let it upgrade to build 625

I restarted my order script (not EA)

On 4/8/14, it tried to make a trade, and I got error 4109.

Allow live trading in MT4

TraderBrian:

I'm a bit concerned. I just hit a problem where an automated order did not complete.

Order of events:

I was using build 610 until 4/5/14, and automated trades worked via automated script (not EA)

I restarted MT4 on 4/5/14, and let it upgrade to build 625

I restarted my order script (not EA)

On 4/8/14, it tried to make a trade, and I got error 4109. Now, I'm staring at the screen and the "AutoTrading" button is enabled. The Tools\Expert Advisors tab has "Allow automated trading" enabled, along with the first two options "Disable automated trading when the account has been changed" and "Disable automated trading when the profile has been changed". Again, the AutoTrading button is enabled with the green arrow showing inside that button.

Are there other options that need to be set in build 625 to allow automated trading, or could this be a build 625 bug?

Read the topic again. You have to allow the script to trade in script properties.
Reason: