Does a broker has access to my EA's/Indicators ?

I've uninstalled my terminal and deleted MetaQuotes folder from appdata/roaming folder

Then reinstalled my brokers terminal, and all the previous indis and EAs I had are loaded

Did the broker had access to my indis/eas and stored them on their server ?

Get used to the fact that one or two individuals at the brokers will have the privilege of looking at your results at their end.

Get used to the fact that these lucky guys are probably in a position to copy trades off you if they want to risk it.

Be consoled by the fact there will not be many.

Be consoled by the fact that in all likelihood it will never be your EA they copy - and they will be looking at ones that have been up for a long time and seem to be very consistent and part of a large collection.

Be consoled by the fact that if you ever get to that stage - and you probably won't - you will not be concerned by one or two at the brokers seeing or copying your trades, because stuff happens and the world is a very very very very big place.

Just MHO.

xynet:

I've uninstalled my terminal and deleted MetaQuotes folder from appdata/roaming folder

Then reinstalled my brokers terminal, and all the previous indis and EAs I had are loaded

Did the broker had access to my indis/eas and stored them on their server ?

Don't believe such folly. You simply have made an error when removing your data folder.

Broker don't have access to your computer at all.

mrmedia: Your answer isn't related to my question at all.

angevoyaguer: I don't "believe", I simply ask. Maybe they don't have access to computer, but I asked if they have access to my indicators/EA.

Anyways I will install a copy of my broker terminal on fresh computer and we'll see.

xynet:

mrmedia: Your answer isn't related to my question at all.

angevoyaguer: I don't "believe", I simply ask. Maybe they don't have access to computer, but I asked if they have access to my indicators/EA.

Anyways I will install a copy of my broker terminal on fresh computer and we'll see.

Brokers don't have access to anything. They can send live data or update historical data (which is also send data), that's all.

Your custom EA's and indicators were not removed by uninstall. Uninstall has a manifest, it knows all the files that were in the original installation and it removes them. Your custom EA's and indicators are not on the uninstall manifest because they were not part of the installation. You put them there after the fact. Reinstalling MT4 picked them up again because they were still there.

angevoyageur:
Brokers don't have access to anything. They can send live data or update historical data (which is also send data), that's all.

they can also disable trading via EA

qjol:

they can also disable trading via EA
Yes but it's not by accessing your terminal or computer, it's by changing a setting on their server.
Reason: