mt 4 version 600/604 problems

hi,all

yesterday downloaded again a new version of mt4 version 604.

i am not a computer geek. might be a silly question.

if you want to add new indicator you have to do it differently.

it used to be like: goto c:drive==>program files ==>metatrader....indicator map..etc. if you do that now the indicators do not show in the Custom indicator tape.

so now you have to open mt4 first go to OPEN DATA FOLDER tab andfrom there you can add the indicators. close and restart mt4 again. and the indicators show.

but if i now look again and go to c:drive==> program files..indicator map, the indicator doesnt show in the map,but are visible in te custom indicator tab,when mt4 is open.

how can that be. is it stored in a different map.

----------------------------------

secondly.

when i add the new indicators to the chart. i can open and close mt 4 with no problem. indicators and mt4 keep function normally. but when i close and restart the computer. and open mt4 again. mt4 freezes and cant do nothing,not even delete the indicators from the chart.

anyone any ideas whats happening.

gr,

Tom

I lost all my presets there are no where to be found i looked in to every single folder & it disappeared this new version is useless as it does not accept my old ex4 files either so i dont know what it MT4 crew smoking nothing is right & i see lot of people not happy with this at all .

xplorfx:
I lost all my presets there are no where to be found i looked in to every single folder & it disappeared this new version is useless as it does not accept my old ex4 files either so i dont know what it MT4 crew smoking nothing is right & i see lot of people not happy with this at all .

sofar i only have problems with it. so yes dont know what they have been smoking ;-)

i have to use the new version because the indicators are made for version 600 and up.

how can we prevent it from upgrading once u close the platform it does it automatically without asking permeation so this is BS my backtest does not even work anymore so they need to get their S*** together .

xplorfx:
I lost all my presets there are no where to be found i looked in to every single folder & it disappeared this new version is useless ......

Change username to your windows account name then copy paste the entire address into the address bar of a folder or browser.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\

I think, mt4 will lost all popularity bcz of its unnecessary complication creation in recent time.

sagor0067:
I think, mt4 will lost all popularity bcz of its unnecessary complication creation in recent time.

Market traders are not usually professional computer programmers so MT4 was very popular because mql4 was reletively easy to learn, I dont think it is so easy anymore. The new documentation probably should have been split into two sections, basic and advanced.

SDC:

Market traders are not usually professional computer programmers so MT4 was very popular because mql4 was reletively easy to learn, I dont think it is so easy anymore. The new documentation probably should have been split into two sections, basic and advanced.

MT4 is (was ?) very popular as there is a lot of free code available, sometimes not legally, everywhere on Internet The greatest part of MT4 users are not programmers at all.

There are, of course, a lot of improvements that are still needed in documentation, stability, reliability, etc... But it's not the main point in my opinion, the mass of users of any program is still very conservative and do not like change (whether they be good or bad).

Reason: