MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 788

Older versions of MetaTrader would stack chart objects according to their name, so if an object was accidentally deleted (which happens quite often), the Indicator or EA could create it again and it would stay behind another chart object if that is where it belonged. This is no longer the case :(...
I am an amateur coder and I am trying to make a good EA that is easy to use. I'm trying to give back to the community since I have learned so much from this website and want to continue to learn. I have created an EA that is very adjustable and easy to use. If you wish to download it the links are
Hello In MetaTrader 4 history center, I need to download EUR/USD 1m data from MetaQuotes server, but there seems to be a limit of 1 000 000 records. Even if I choose 999999999999 bars on Tools - Options - Max bars in history/chart, I only get 1 000 000 records from 5 376 264. Any chance to get more?...
[Deleted]
  Show progress of indicator  (15   1 2)
Hi! I need a way to give the user the chance to cancel the indicator when necessary. E.g. if the amount of selected bars is to big so it would take minutes until the indicator finished calculating, there should pop up a window to warn the user and give him the chance to reselect the input....
How to check the alltime low and alltime high of the price, with iLowest() and iLow(), they are new functions and the documentation doesnt explain it very clearly, so please help.
Hello! I get a problem with kernel32.dll that indicator was working im MT4 <600 and now it is not. Why? What do I have to change to make it working again? <Please use the SRC button to insert code> //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| 10.mq4 | //| Copyright 2014...
Hi all, i am working on some advance stop loss functions, could you give me some ideas about how to add a time variable in the stop loss functions, i mean, the initial stop loss (risk) shouldn't be the same at the first bar (opening trade bar) that in the bar numer ten. Could you give me the way to...
I have a number of questions and can find no support contact. I've bought an ea <name removed > for mt4, which I'm very happy with. As it is a scalper spread is vital. I've discovered that on mt5 I can get spreads up to 50% better and so will be getting an mt5 account and will want the mt5 version
Hello, i´m using the EasyOrder script, it´s perfect for my trading style, i trade small timeframes and tight StopLoss. If i select Buy/Sell on the EasyOrder script the Sl line is upper the chart that i can see on my screen, so i have first to scroll on the price bar and squich the candles to see the...
[Deleted]
  Build 610 and kernell32.dll  (14   1 2)
I used to have a debugger tool for my MT4 that used kernell32 .dll which outputed to my DEBUGVIEW.exe window in windows7. It all worked fine until I upgraded to Build600+ I notice depenencies now when you add the indicator and I wondered if I need to set some paths to tell MT4 where to find the dll
hi i want to make this simple EA which will simply do reverse trade of the movement in the daily candle, so suppose the daily candle has moved 100 pips then it will do revrese for 10 pip TP the following code i tried to make, it is not working...can you help? extern int MagicNumber = 33333;double...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                               EA_Testing(Buy kýsmý tamamdýr).mq4 |//|                                 Copyright 2014, Baris Yalcinkaya |//|                                              https://www.mql4.com...
Is anyone else having this problem? The EA's have been upgraded because of the new build but they won't import into the MT4 platform. Have tried re installing everything, any suggestions
Hello forum, I am trying to write this simple "code" to link lot size to Account Balance, for example, if balance is between 1500 - 2499 = lotzise 0.2, 2500 - 3499 = lotzise 0.3, etc So far I got this (see below) - within Start ( ), with the straightforward logic of simply "rounding" the proportion,...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am developing a program that invents trading algorithms, implements and tests them. I already found out, that all my ideas could be realized with JForex. But JForex has the disadvantage that almost no broker supports it. Therefore, I would like to ask you if the following is also possible...
Hi, On MT4 build 600, 604 or 610 if I start to debug an indicator and press OK on the indicator's properties window (start window) the MT4 quites from the debugged program same as if I had pressed the stop button on the editor screen. MT4 does it only if the "Input data" tab is in foreground on the...
Would any one know a way, how to read in the path to the data directory - using the legacy build 509 code + winapi?
[Deleted]
hi .. i've upgraded from an old MetaTrader I was using in 2011 to the new one (because the old one kept asking me to load liveupdate), however I have a tonne of analysis saved on charts in the previous version and would appreciate any sugestions on how to copy it over thankS!
Hi companions in misfortune, Why do you think about an indic that wouldn't run anymore when you re-start the plaform until you recompile it ? This indic built under MT4 use simple init(), deinit(), start) & some includes . All of these files are correctly placed in the new rooming V610 Folder....
Hi, I using for development QtCreator and newwest MinGw. For Build 600 I didnt get any problem. After that build I got SEGFAULT when I try call any function. I using def file; Example: extern "C" { int dll_test( MqlStr * str); } int dll_test( MqlStr * str){ info("test"); return 0;};DllMain...
Hi, I wrote my TimeShift-include-file. It is saved in ...\MQL4\Include\.. I compiled it with no errors and no warnings, an can use it by #include <TimeShifts.mqh> But if I want to use it in an imported way: #import "TimeShifts.ex4"void checkTime(datetime gmt);datetime getBrokerTimeShift(); //...
Hi, I recently got an EA coded, however due to the recent update, it's not working. I was wondering if there was someone out there who could sort this out for me? I know there is some changes to the language and it is a matter of working through the errors, but I'm not the best coder :/ Really...
[Deleted]
Hello, With this script: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                   spDateTime.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                              https://www.mql5...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert initialization function                                   |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+void OnInit() { ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE,0,true);...
I have just installed the new build and spent quite some time making changes that will be acceptable. Looks very good! My EA writes log data to a series of files - information to help find errors, MIN & MAX data and also a log of when contracts are liquidated These files have moved across to the...
New MetaTrader 4 client terminal build 507 has been released The build adds new features to MetaTrader 4 client terminal: Fast registration of trading signals Updated signals window Ability to set the spread when testingAttention! From August 1, 2013 desktop client terminals older than build 500...
Hello, Can anyone provide me a download link for old MT4 Build 509 ?
What is the difference between these two indicators and where can I download the delta version?
Hi, 2 days ago I got my installation automatically upgraded to 600 (broker: Alpari) and after fixing many compile errors and warnings reported by the new compiler, I could launch back-testing again. I see that new tester performances are now really worst than those of last version: this is a well...
[Deleted]
hi friends . i have a problem with new MQL4.... in this version my expert dont work properly... this Error appear : array is out of range...and 4051 error...i have a array in this EA and it worked very good in old MQL4... what can i do ????