MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 787

Hi, I just realized that my b509-EA with int start(){ ..} is not able to be run in the debugger X( So I tried to use all that new void OnWhateEver(). 1) From what I see in the reference I do not know whether all these functions do have/need a body or not like AccountName(). I assume not because it...
[Deleted]
Hi, Could someone point me in the direction of where I can access trader sentiment (xxxxx) and store historical data for backtesting? From what I can see xxxx only provides about 2 hours of history. I'm ideally looking for 2 years+ of minute level data. Thanks!
  Can it be done?  (3)
To make an indicator that put a vertical line on the chart every close of New York at wednesday back in time.
  MT4 in server  (2)
I want to use MT4 all day, but I do not want to keep the computer on for 24/5. Maybe use any servers that have a continuous Internet connection, and they can be entered in MT4?
When I use strict mode I get an array out of range error and my indicator is not drawn correctly, when I do not use strict mode no error is received and my indicator is fine. Is strict mode needed in most cases? Why would I receive an error in strict mode and not in non strict mode? Answers would...
input double TakeProfit = 50 ; input double Lots = 0.1 ; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ void OnTick ( void
Greetings! I need help on this indicator. Been trying different method to count number of Bars in M1 Period that came across the level of Open price in the D1 Period. I attached my attempt to code it but unable to run it successfully. Been trying hard on this but I hit the wall so now I ask the help
Hi MT4 I have tested OnChartEvent() function with simple code found on help first operation I have set this: bool idCreate = ChartSetInteger( 0, CHART_EVENT_OBJECT_CREATE, 1 );bool idDelete = ChartSetInteger( 0, CHART_EVENT_OBJECT_DELETE, 1 ); then...
[Deleted]
I have click "show all track record "!why still show 2 yrs track record on my Oanda Mt4,How to show all track record
Hi, everyone! New member posting for the first time and I am in need of a little help from those who are already using the EA in mention. I have been tweaking the Batman EA to get it to work just right, but I am still unfamiliar with it's coding. I have been playing around with it for a couple of...
Hi I need a programmer to write EA that can write spread in 5min time interval. The aim of this is to plot a graph to show how the spread varying with the time. Also, to evaluate and differentiate between brokers. Regards,
Since the changeover to 600+ I have noticed odd logging behaviour, namely, that Print statements in my running EAs do not seem to output to the experts tab anymore. Is this another thing that changed? Where are my log statements going? I'm using /portable mode, but that should not matter(?)
Hi, to calc the NY-Session I use: 11    #define ClsSess           57600 // = 16*3600 = 16h      ...55    datetime secLeftInNY(){       ...58     datetime tNY = getNYTime(TimeGMT());59     if ( TimeDayOfWeek(tL)>0 && TimeDayOfWeek(tL)<6 && TimeHour(tL) >=8 && TimeHour(tL) < 16 ) 60...
[Deleted]
This code should give me the Open and Close of the 50th candle in a chart, but actually gives the Open and Close of the 51st candle. Is there a way to get these two points in line with each other. The count of the candle with it's Open and Close? Thanks!    string textE;   double YOp = iOpen(NULL...
First of all, thank you for providing the MT4 platform and the Signal Following option, I love it. Unfortunately I ran into 2 issues that are conflicting with the information (Video & Help file) that is supplied. Please note: my MT4 system is running 24/7 uninterrupted. Next to that I have a second...
Hi, it is a bit confusing, it is doomed to fail and it would be very nice if this would not happen! I compile an EA which has some includes. There are already opened in the same editor. Now I see the errors and warnings. If I (double-?) click on one of them the cursor is placed right where the error
Hi, I am not a coder but have been trying to learn over time, so please bear with me (and be gentle, lol). I have an EA that trades off the highest high and lowest low over a period of Monday H1 bars. I want to test this EA on open prices only (not every tick), but am having trouble modifying the...
example function to initialize buffers So I might want to pass ENUM_INDEXBUFFER_TYPE as INDICATOR_DATA, or as INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS but I cant use it like a variable data type, is there another way of doing this or do I need to learn something in mql5 ? void initbuffer(double &array[],...
Please note that there is a bug in the new MT4 build 610. Whenever an indicator uses DLL function calls and is attached to a chart, it is reset to default settings and reinitialized if you compile any other indicator, expert or script in MT4. Here is how you can recreate the bug: 1) Attach the...
  internal error?  (1)
Hi MT4 I have tested OnChartEvent() function with simple code found on help first operation I have set this: bool idCreate = ChartSetInteger( 0, CHART_EVENT_OBJECT_CREATE, 1 );bool idDelete = ChartSetInteger( 0, CHART_EVENT_OBJECT_DELETE, 1 ); then...
[Deleted]
int start(){   if ((100+TakeProfitPct)*AccountBalance()/100<=AccountEquity())   {      bClose= true;   }      if (bClose)   {      CloseAll();      bClose= false;   }}void CloseAll(){   for(int i = OrdersTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--)      if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS))         if (OrderMagicNumber()...
[Deleted]
Hello people hope you can help, To install Renko live charts expert advisor v3.0 or v3.2 with build 610 of MT4, does anyone know if this is possible because it doesn't seem to work. I use a 1 min chart and get the smiley face with v3.2, I then create a 2 min offline chart and get a blank screen...
Can someone help why I am getting the Access violation write to 0x33000004 in my program tthis is the code inside the OnTimer event. //create the signal pointerCSignalData *signal = new CSignalData();//read and populate the valuessignalSource.Read(Symbol(), signal);//read values from signal and use...
There is long handle= ChartOpen ( "EURUSD" , PERIOD_H1 ); if (handle!= 0 ) { ChartSetInteger (handle, CHART_AUTOSCROLL , false ); ChartSetInteger (handle, CHART_SHIFT , true ); ResetLastError (); bool res= ChartNavigate (handle, CHART_BEGIN , 0 ); if (!res)
hello my friends i need other function win API about file exist or no Kernel32 or other i do not want FileIsExist mq4 5 function please help me
Hi, the new tester in the build >600 seems to have a bug. Possibly the tick-Generation is not precise enough. Here 2 screenshots: Old build 509 is working correct, the stop has released when backtesting the FDAX, the spike on last Thursday. Here the tester of build 604, the same EA / same strategy /
  2 MT4 in 1 VPS ?  (1)
Does anyone has had problems to run 2 MT4 at the same place VPS ? I can't anymore test in paralelle 2 MT4 on the same VPS. The second MT4 doesn't take any trade. The 2 MT4 apparently works well but in fact only one runs. The other makes anything. Olivier
Hi, I need help on the attached custom indicator. Every time I attach to a chart in hangs up the MetaTrader and I'm forced to close it. What is wrong with the codes??? The indicator is to determine the Maximum and Minimum price at a given number of bars.#property indicator_separate_window    //...
[Deleted]
Here is my little problem I want to make it clear that I am NOT versed in programming. I am way too old for such things. I am an active trader using EA's and all I've done is written instructions. That I can do, so much learning was easy. The Problem: All of my EA's execute ONE trade per candle....
[Deleted]
Hello, Are there a difference between MQL4 and MQL5 today? And if so which one? Regards,