MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 468

Hi Guys,  First time posting here, with just a quick question about how to approach coding the following into an EA I'm working on. The psuedocode is something like this: EntrySignal is true -> Open 3 positions each with their own TP & SL If position 1 hits TP1, then positions 2 and 3 modify their...
  i need this ea  (3)
hey guys i need this ea pls make for me when time opening order , hedge all open orders (hedge on +20pips for profit ) and (hedge on -20pips for stop losing) all symbols opened and similar lotage Example : we have now one EUR/USD order , now ea waiting for -20 pip or +20pip for making hedge , and...
  EventSetTimer  (4)
Hello everyone, EventSetTimer() appears to work the same sleep(). Is this correct or, can the program still in EventSetTime() run code while the time is set for a period set OnInit()?
Hello, Is it possible to modify the take profit/stop loss on mobile platforms using dragging directly on the chart? Greetings,
[Deleted]
Anyone had this problem? Terminal.exe starts as a process but no window opens, and it can only be shut down with Task Manager. Last time this happened - complete reinstall followed by hours of setting up indicators and profiles. This time, tried deleting terminal.ini which produced a window with...
Hi, when we limit the number of bars in the chart, the Buffer stays static, with a new bar the value of array [0] not turn array[1] and is overwritten. Is there a simple way to inhibit this, or is necessary to transpose the array using ArrayCopy or copy one value by one value? Thanks
Hi guys, I wanna know how to import more history in mt4 for backtesting the oldest history as possible. Thank you.
Hi.. Below is my ReadUrl() function to read remote http sites... and works fine! But it only works with valid valid content.  If an error occurs(404, 500, etc) there is no solution so far. So i need to detect HTTP errors. Anyone have any idea on how to do this? #define READURL_BUFFER_SIZEX...
Hello,I wrote a very simple EA based on a custom indicator. Everything was perfect until i tried to change it from selecting by position to selecting by ticket, so that it can be used on multiple pairs. Now, in it's current state, it opens a new order each tick, and does not keep track of the ticket...
  having candles  (3)
Hi, I have noticed that when my EA starts, by default it sets bars not candle. I would prefer have candles since the beginning automatically.  Is there a function that can help me? Regards
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I use a button in an indicator and I wonder if it is possible to simulate a mouseclick on a button object? I only know that the visual attributes of a button can be changed with a script but not its function. Do I miss something or is it simply not possible?
Hey guys, I wrote these indicators using Jim Sloman's formulas, which you can read about in his "Ocean Book". The first is call the natural moving average, based on 20 bar calculation. The second is using the natural market river formula and moving average based on the river data. Entry rules -
Both me and a friend are having the same problem in MT4 when using the Strategy Tester. Sometimes I test a currency pair with an EA and it works from Jan 1st, or whatever I set. But sometimes it starts from August or something else and won't load the previous history. Even if I import tick data from...
hey guys, i am not really talanted in coding but want to fill an array with information of of up/down candles. If its an up/down candle the array should be filled with 1/-1 but the else statement seems not to be filling the array correctly. Any Idea why? I don't know what i am doing wrong with the...
  Bollinger logic  (9)
Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out how exactly this indicator works. It appears to deal with UPPER and LOWER values. 
seeking set file for blahtech sd  indicator tested and optimized. tf h4,d1,d1 .results and reviews
  lost symbols  (3)
Hi, I have lost the frame with the symbols/currencies on the left, just those, i still see the Indicators list, Advisors etc.,  I'm looking and looking but i cant find the way to make them reapper, i dont need any script just basic interface instructions, Thanks
  signal provider  (1)
i would like to know who is the best signal provider for mt4 that has been for a while please tell me thank you
Hi MQL community, When my EA closes a trade I want it to send me an email confirming if it was a winning or losing trade. My problem is that it keeps sending multiple emails. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my code or a broader technical issue as when I send the generic email "test", I sometimes...
I am new to ea coding but I search and learn on internet. this is my first ea and it doesn't work as I expect. It do open position as I want it to work but... I want this ea to close profit positions when the opposite signal show up example 1.signal from iCustom show arrow up and down 2. ea open...
resident card
Hello,  I have some trouble with MQL4's structures. I tried to write a code with structure and I took as example the following: https://docs.mql4.com/basis/operations/other#operation_dot   struct SessionTime     {      string...
HI, there is a function called fileisexist, but if i need it to search on a subfolder of \\files, for example \\files\\foldera, how can i do that? bool  FileIsExist(   const string  file_name,       // File name   int           common_flag=0    // Search area  - It's possible to choose subfolder for...
  spread value  (4)
Hi, one question, if I have the spread value in these terms int spread_value = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_SPREAD); which is the most correct way to convert 5 into 0.00005 for example?
  Expert and files  (5)
Hello, I tried to search this topic, but I can't find anything in the forum.  My question is very simple. I'm developing an EA and I would like to store some informations in a permanent way (i.e. to prevent Mt4 crashes or pc shutdown) . I heard about GV, but my EA should works on different symbols...
Is it possible to get price data of an OBJ_PITCHFORK at a given bar index? I used ObjectGetValueByShift(), but it doesn't give any useful result (0). ObjectGetValueByShift's documentation says: Applied to trendlines and similar objects. A pitchfork is actually 3 parallel trend lines. So, why...
  help with the Slippage parameter  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I'm totally confused, can you help me out? So here it is: slippage - Maximal allowed price slippage for market orders (Buy or Sell orders ). The value is int; if I cast it to external variables, extern int Slippage = 1; should I further convert this number in the code? Slippage = Slippage *
I’ve downloaded Meta 4 app onto my iphone. I can’t seem to set up more than the one main chart profile. Is it possible to set up more than one chart profile using either meta app 4 or app 5? If so how?
Hello everyone, I am quite new to MQL programming, but I am basically reading through every tutorial I can find these days. However, now that I have a version of an EA, I noticed it does not work as anticipated. Right now I have no idea why this is the case, so maybe someone can explain where I went...