RSI indicator-alert signals

Hello to All:

How can I get alert signals when the RSI hits a number, let say 30, for one or many currency pairs?  Must I specify the timeframe?  If yes, how?  It's probably easy, I just don't know how to do it? 

Sincerely,

Garcia Fong 

Garciafong:

Hello to All:

How can I get alert signals when the RSI hits a number, let say 30, for one or many currency pairs?  Must I specify the timeframe?  If yes, how?  It's probably easy, I just don't know how to do it? 

iRSI()

RaptorUK:
iRSI()

Thanks for replying.  I am still clueless.  How can I read on this subject so I know what to do?  Can you send me some links?  I am a newbie, but I can learn on my own.

Garciafong:
Thanks for replying.  I am still clueless.  How can I read on this subject so I know what to do?  Can you send me some links?  I am a newbie, but I can learn on my own.
You can read the Book search the Code Base for somthing that will do what you are looking for or get someone to code it for you:  Code an Alert Indicator for me for MT4

Garciafong:

Garciafong, is this what you're after? It's just the basic RSI.mp4 code copied from the mt4 reference manual but it adds arrows when it crosses up across 70 and down across 30.. you can change these values in the if statements near the bottom of the file. Remember, MT4 doesn't read mq4 files, you need to open it in metaeditor, hit "compile", make sure the ex4 file is in the right folder and then load MT4

Defs have a read of the book to learn some more.

Have a search for CodersGuru's beginners tutorials, I found them really helpful. 

Files:

v

alladir:

Garciafong, is this what you're after? It's just the basic RSI.mp4 code copied from the mt4 reference manual but it adds arrows when it crosses up across 70 and down across 30.. you can change these values in the if statements near the bottom of the file. Remember, MT4 doesn't read mq4 files, you need to open it in metaeditor, hit "compile", make sure the ex4 file is in the right folder and then load MT4

Defs have a read of the book to learn some more.

Have a search for CodersGuru's beginners tutorials, I found them really helpful. 

I will definitely look at the book and the link IRSI you gave me.  Thanks. 

Garciafong:

v

what does that mean?

alladir:

what does that mean?

He mixed quotation and his comment :

Garciafong:

v

I will definitely look at the book and the link IRSI you gave me.  Thanks.

angevoyageur:

He mixed quotation and his comment :

Oh yes, haha :D

I am also looking for the possibility that I receive an alert (email would be perfect) from MetaTrader when RSI indicator is high or low. Can anyone help me?

Reason: