free dukacospy historical data - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are right Fernando!

hahahahahahahhaha

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are right Fernando!

You are absolutely right!! My flight would be like this, 3 or 4 meters and mayday in sequence! : DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fernando Carreiro:

You can only achieve 99% by generating tick data FXT files, not by using the methods described in those links you visited, because they use M1 Bar data (not tick data).

So, you can only reach 99% (some times it appears as "n/a"), if you generate FXT files by using either 3rd Party tools or your own CSV2FXT scripts.

Understand; If I use m1 bar to calculate anothers timeframe It is different (precision is down, right?).

I think I need estimate a job for this; I will send you a particular message.

Jhennifher: Understand; If I use m1 bar to calculate anothers timeframe It is different (precision is down, right?). I think I need estimate a job for this; I will send you a particular message.

Correct! With M1 Data, you only get simulated/emulated tick data but it all depends on the type of EA you are testing - some benefit form tick data testing while others only require open prices!

As for the "job", if you are not willing or able to buy TickStory or Tick Data Suite, then I doubt you will be able to afford my services!

Fernando Carreiro:

Correct! With M1 Data, you only get simulated/emulated tick data but it all depends on the type of EA you are testing - some benefit form tick data testing while others only require open prices!

As for the "job", if you are not willing or able to buy TickStory or Tick Data Suite, then I doubt you will be able to afford my services!

Roger that! So, when I need something more specific, I will tell you.

Jhennifher:

It says 90% of quality...duka offers 99%, right?

It's a long time I don't pay attention to those figure. What does it means 90% of quality if it's only 70% congruence with what happened in real? As far as I remember 90 or 99% quality measure the coherence inbetween timeframe data, as far as you recalculate your data from M1 following the given method, you'll have the max quality in the backtest statement generator can calculate. Now things may have changed, there was a bunch of changes in MT4 since I was using the backtester the way you apparently want to use it. What I see now is that historical data is less consistent then it was a few years ago, I think they have been compressed to much for a quicker download.

Using tick data is another solution but the it's very long, of course that depends of your EA. I tried once and have to clean my computer it was useless for mine, too long so that became a nonsense for what I was doing + you have to check the data you buy! or trust in it blindlessly.

Try to ask someone testing the way you want to and see with him the correct way to do.

I don't use duka's data but let me know if they are really 99% accurate, I 'll check my EA just to see the discrepancy with reality.

Jhennifher:

I know coding as a fish can fly!

You expert robot seting

17081426 Mohd hairee:
You expert robot seting

yes...just it :D

Reason: