MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1086

[Deleted]
Hi guys,this is my first post on this forum, actually, on any forum I guess. Anyway I’mtrying to draw pivots on the platform’s history and it seems to work fine but Iadded some H1 data dating from 2004 and when it reaches about 44,000 bars I getsome weird behavior. I’m using a script because I was...
[Deleted]
In MT4, when I open my Navigator, it has started docking at the top and extends horizontally the full width of the page. This makes it impossible to see the chart properly. How do I dock the Navigator to the left and extending vertically, like it usually is? I try dragging the right margin of the...
[Deleted]
Good day, bool check == False; //---- ORDER SELECTION for (n = OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; n >= 0 ; n--) if ( OrderSelect (n, SELECT_BY_POS) && OrderSymbol () == Symbol () && OrderMagicNumber () == MagicNumber) { if (A > B && check == False) { check = True; Print (check);
Hi guys, Just realised something that doesnt seem to make sense to me. MT4 seems to use 'points' natively, (ie the last decimal place, which for 5-digit brokers is a pippete/partial pip). Yet, in the order exection dialogue it lists the option for slippage in pips. Do they really mean points (last...
[Deleted]
HI One deal? im need one script .. alert (sound & mail by -X profit) im cant not good coding bat im can german and polish. im translate you projekt to german /polsh and you code me dis scritp ? hier is the link to my problem https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136829 thamks :) parheps you like dis deal...
Hi, Is it possible to export signals from an indicator running on a platform in broker A, in order to be used by an EA running on the broker B platform? Maybe using the icustom command on platform B!!! If so, how can I do that? Regards
[Deleted]
Hi every body, This is my first post and I would like to inquire about how to set a trailing stop lower than the minimum of 15 pips in MT4? Thank you.
[Deleted]
  hello world  (15   1 2)
trying since hours invain void main(){printf("hello world");}
[Deleted]
Hi, I've coded a DLL which I tested successfully on two windows 7 pcs. Now whem I'm trying to use it on my VPS with Windows Server 2003 the commonly known error 127 appears. (I know that this error occurs if you forget the .def in the project. But that's not the case.) After this, I installed one...
I downloaded MT4 from somewhere I can't remember and when I opened it up and went to file/new account (or whatever the option was) register..I can't remember it only allowed me to register an account on forex.com I believe? Is there a version I can download which will let me create multiple accounts...
[Deleted]
Ok so the indicator I am using tells me at what levels toset my SL. I have been told by various sources that my stop loss shouldbe 2% of my portfolio margin. How do I calculate the risk level I should trade at whenlooking at my SL level and margin %. Is there a calculation I can use, is there a...
Hi, how are you handling the orders, if the OrderSend- or the OrderClose-Function returns -1? I want my ea to open and close the order at a specific minute, and often the broker doesn't execute the orders in this minute. Now I want my EA to try the OrderSend- or OrderClose-Function 4 times after the...
Before I proceed I would like to suggest the following links to interesting threads in my opinion Anyone who enters here don't think that if no one responds except me then it sucks, maybe some very intimate topics are touched upon...... https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/103112
[Deleted]
Hello what is the variable value for the profit?
  Account History  (1)
Where is Account History reside? Is it on my PC or on the broker's server?
I have just scimmed hundreds of indicators in the codebase without result. I need to identify candles closing in the extreme 20% of the candle's range (high-low). Example: CandleHigh = 1.3400 CandleLow = 1.3300 - The indy should mark the candle if close is > 1.3380 OR if close is <1.3320 I'm sure...
  Swaps  (6)
I am trading with IBFX and obviously do not understand swaps properly. I thought that a swap could be negative or positive and was basically interest on the trades of currency pair that has been held overnight. However, I get negative swap values if I trade either long or short regardless of whether...
[Deleted]
Just wanted to know if there is a way to download the MQL4 Reference file from the Documentation section? Thanks dptrade (newbie)
In MT4 irritating text labels appear when pointing the cursor on candles, MA-ribbons, pivots etc. How can I turn this of off?
Is there any way that I could arrange to be asked for manual confirmation when my EA wants to enter trades but not when it wants to close them?
[Deleted]
I am becoming puzzled as to why this EA doesn't make any trades in the backtesting. This only trades the EURJPY on the 1 min. chart .(Correction on my earlier statement of the EURUSD). The actual symbols have been put in now to replace symbol1, symbol2 etc. Just doesn't want to make any trades?...
hi guest i'm new here, i made script Open Position at 00:00 and close at 23:59, but it did not work could you help me please . . .
Hy Everybody, i am setting a global variable in an Indicator and getting it in a Expert Advisor and then set it back immediately. However, it seems that the variable takes up to 20 tick cycles to be setted although i get the timestamp returned from the GlobalVariableSet() function! How comes? Is...
[Deleted]
HI what do I do wrong here? FTP test with firefox and FtpClient goes. But in metatrader 4, I always get errors. has placed the order to the root / f has right and 777 what am I doing wrong?
Hello Everybody, i've added VLINES with my Indicator ... i wanna caption them so you can see where it referes to. i've added Text vertically nearby the lines (see pic) ... however, the text captions move when shown price range changes. What would be the best way to caption the lines so that the...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am looking for a way to define a list of Symbols which will be opened once I launch the MetaTrader. I ask it since I need to open quite a lot of window's symbols that are changing every few days and doing it via the UI is a nightmare... perhaps, - There is a file that ia can edit manually and...
I'm sure this has been answered before but I've searched and can not find the answer. How is a buffer value addressed/accessed through iCustom? say if I want to get information out of buffer 0 or buffer 1 of an indicator.
  Work in Progress  (11   1 2)
Hi Guys I have an EA i have been building over a few months but i have come to a halt on a part of it so I am looking for some help please if you go to the function marked check signal you will see i am using the int iRetVal to give me signals however it no longer give me anything but a 0 if you...
[Deleted]
This is my first attempt to program or code using more than one currency pair. The currency being traded is Only the EURUSD on the one min. timeframe. Some of the required criteria hasn't been put in the code yet. For right now, I would just like to see it make trades on the backtest or visual...