backtest - milions of Gigabyte killing my hd - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

I had the same problem, in each pair history download my hd was filling up very fast!

I donwloaded WinDirStat and erased all the huge history files from Metatrader folder and my hd breathed again.

the problem is: Im trying use several terminals at same time; in this case, even I just delete trash data, it goes do 50Giga in seconds and backtest stops...

Anthony Garot:

Like this? In this case, will be a new folder called portable at my installed terminal folder?

Files:

Jhennifher:

Like this? In this case, will be a new folder called portable at my installed terminal folder?

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/704853

in mt4 its very easy. Only taking me 15gb to have all tick data of the major currencies for the last 15 years.

[Guide] How to backtest the best way, correctly with 99% real tick data, the best guide 2017
[Guide] How to backtest the best way, correctly with 99% real tick data, the best guide 2017
  • Alexander Gerlach
  • www.mql5.com
today I want to present you my Guide "How to backtest the best way" and achieve realistic results, even for scalping EA, with highest precicion. At the end I will attach a youtube video guide how to use the tool and show you how to backtest in practice. Many trader struggle to backtest correctly. When I remember back, some years ago it has been...

Jhennifher:

So you renamed terminal64.exe to 1.exe?

If so, you invoke using:

D:\1\1.exe /portable

Note the space between "exe" and the forward slash.

Jhennifher:

the problem is: Im trying use several terminals at same time; in this case, even I just delete trash data, it goes do 50Giga in seconds and backtest stops...

I am using (on Win 7) junctions set by Link Shell Extension so that I have only one history folder for all terminals and in each tester folder I have a junction to that folder - this has several advantages!
Link Shell Extension
  • schinagl.priv.at
Version 3.9.0.0 Complete support for UNC path in any Smart Move/Copy/Clone & Delorean Operation. Lots of little fixes/improvements, I always wanted to do, but never had the time to. Version 3.8.6.8 Realtive symbolic links on absolute symbolic links to a different drive, were not created properly. Added Greek localization. Thanks to...

Anthony Garot:

So you renamed terminal64.exe to 1.exe?

If so, you invoke using:

Note the space between "exe" and the forward slash.

: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

tks a lot, now I open data folder from terminal and It goes to folder I installed terminal at D! There I have 1 Tera!!! It is ok for now, but It seems there is a way to generate minun trash during backtest

Alexander Gerlach:

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/704853

in mt4 its very easy. Only taking me 15gb to have all tick data of the major currencies for the last 15 years.

Hi. Now I meet a good developer and I´m on a new stage ( every step on trader´s journey sound like a whole life...).

I´m start getting goods result for 6 years, but my great concern now is the confiability of backtest results.

I saw about your link; I´m gonna check It now.

Carl Schreiber:
I am using (on Win 7) junctions set by Link Shell Extension so that I have only one history folder for all terminals and in each tester folder I have a junction to that folder - this has several advantages!

Is It like a link? What advantages you think?

Jhennifher:

Is It like a link? What advantages you think?

Find out yourself! Read! At least it saves space and you have to update only one history file.