MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1377

We need someone to trade our funds. Our company is expert at raising funds for the Forex market. We have developed the best advertising resources and contacts to bring in money for managed funds. The problem that we have had is that every trader that we have worked with has ended up losing money...
[Deleted]
I created an simple EA and only droped following two lines in the "Start()" function. Alert("1111121"); Print("1111121"); compiled it and return back to MetaTrader terminal. then I added this EA on EUR/USD 1 min chart. wait for about 5 mins. no Alert pop out, checked "expert" tab, "1111121"...
[Deleted]
hi i'm writing an EA that makes calculations based on past market swings. in the init function i make the ea load the past data with the following instructions : ArrayCopyRates(stream,"EURUSD", PERIOD_H4); ArrayCopy(bar1,stream, 0, 0); ArraySetAsSeries(bar1, False); but the EA loads a...
Hello friends... It´s possible to test and work with an ea that needs the confirmation of a signal in two pairs at the same time? I have an interesting idea based on price action valid for a lot ofmarkets and I want to start with forex ( EURUSD - USDCHF ) but I havethis problem... Really thanks for...
[Deleted]
I've seen it used both ways. Right now i've got it set up as " extern int Slippage ". I have included the file <stdlib.mqh>. The command line I am using is the following. OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,dropped,Slippage,dropped-(SL*Point),dropped+(TP*Point),"simple buy stop",Green) Can I set it...
[Deleted]
  Adaptive risk EA  (2)
This an EA that enters on bounces from pivot points witha tight railing stop and changes its position sizing according to the distribution of its losses. A penny for you thouhts. Here are results Strategy Tester Report SamuelTrader ICM-Demo (Build 225) SymbolUSDJPY (US Dollar vs Japanese...
[Deleted]
Hi, I want my expert to wait 1 candle after entering a trade to look for exit conditions. The way I tried to implement this in my code was the following : .... ticket = ordersend(...) if(ticket != -1) Sleep(Period()*60000) Check exit conditions..... It doesn't seems to work in backtesting mode (I...
I'm building a MT4 EA, that requires the use of the customized MACD (macd-2.mq4), and a Bollinger Band that can take a multiplier with decimal places. Basically, I have tried to code it out, but I am not familiar enough with MT4 to be able to code the custom indicators into the system. The logic...
This video shows how we can generate a strategy with Forex StrategyBuilder and to send it for automatic execution to Forex StrategyTrader. We are using forex rates for the strategy from MetaTrader. There are several steps in this process: Loading historical rates in Meta Trader Exporting the rates...
[Deleted]
if((OrderSelect(k,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))&& OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber21 && OrderProfit() >= 38) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS); int type = OrderType(); bool result = false; switch(type) {...
[Deleted]
Thanks to everyone for all your help. Has been fantastic. When I try to code the result of many custom indicators to an EA, I can never get the EA to recognise EMPTY_VALUE If I replace EMPLY_VALUE with "zero" in the indicator, it works, but creates problems with the indicator, so I do not want to...
Hi guys I have an indicator that will delete off all the trendlines I have drawn when I change the timeframe of the chart. Is there anyway for it not to remove off the trendline
I have been told times without number that when a major news like Non-Farm Payrolls comes out good for US, it will affect US dollas positively and when the news is bad, it will affect US dollas negatively. But what I saw last week friday(6th November 2009) when Non-Farm Payrolls was released left me...
[Deleted]
Dear Forum Friends, I would like to open a thread on sharing experience on "practical liquidity" of symbols other than 8 Majors and how much it depends on the broker you trade with. By "practical liquidity" I mean that you can easily enter and exit position with orders of one to two lots.By 8...
First of all, hello. this was the my main website for the last 2 months, and here is my first question. i have read a lot about the bad quality of backtesting cause of broker "cheats" or over-optimization. i developed a lot of scalpers in the last months, more or less successful on demo accounts,...
Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to utilize an EA without it being attached to a chart. ! see in the Tools menu of MT4 that there is the ability to make a trade from there with no charts. The question is now how to utilize an EA without any charts? Thanks to any and all for any assistance with this...
[Deleted]
Selectively takes trade at optimal times and days. Back testing for 1 year shows $10,000 grow to $120,000. Results attached
[Deleted]
i have gmt set from my website and all i want to do is setup a page that just transfers variables into mql here is an example of my idea, the website is php <? $month = Date(m); $day = Date(d); $year = Date(y); $hr = Date(h); $min = Date(i); $sec = Date(s); echo "int gmt_month = $month<br>"; echo...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys I would to write some data on a csv.file that i write on I am able to open the file because I have the alert "i print" ( i assume i put the file correctly C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK\experts\files my account on alpari is virtual ! however, When i check the csv file, nothing is...
[Deleted]
seems pretty simple but for some reason its not letting me here is the externs i have defined extern bool USDCHF = TRUE; //USDCHF extern bool GBPUSD = TRUE; //GBPUSD extern bool EURUSD = TRUE; //EURUSD extern bool USDJPY = TRUE; //USDJPY extern bool USDCAD = TRUE; //USDCAD extern bool NZDUSD = TRUE;...
Hello Please tell me which ATS or MTS system you can use to earn 100 pips a day stably or maybe there is a strategy for or maybe there is a strategy for developing this idea
[Deleted]
when i add an indicator to the metatrader it cant appear in the indicator window i need your help
  Wrote an advisor, there is a problem.  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hello All! :) For a year now I have been writing all sorts of EAs, all of them either losing or profitable, but with huge drawdowns of half the depo. I have been writing all kinds of EAs for a year now, all of which were either losing or profitable, but with huge drawdowns of half of the depo. But I
  System Slow ?  (3)
I remember a few months back when I installed MetaTrader 4.0 fresh. My machine used to be a reasoably fast machine. However, For the last few weeks, I am noticing the system has become very slow. Infact, it seems, when MT is running, the system as a whole slows down. Editors take time to follow the...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a newbie and made a simple pivot point indicator but I do not understand how to show values to the DataWindow. Can anyone kindly explain to which are the functions to use and what they do? Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello, I have good system for trading and is very simple ! But if more simple to EA trade not any more me .. i trade on this strategy like 1 year now and is very profitable ! Strategy is based on indicator bollinger bands and candle! Exsample picture : Exsample on chart : If somebody can help me...
DEAR traders; Rpchost.com opened a custom indicator for public, the indicator is JoeChalhoub_FxCrusher. We invite you to visit our webpage http://Rpchost.com/IssueIndicator.aspx and download the custom indicator. We hope you profit from this powerful indicator, you can check the performance of this...
  What is '\x90'?  (6)
From the article "HTML Walkthrough Using MQL4" (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1544) :    int devider='\x90';   FileHandle=FileOpen(FullFileName,FILE_READ,devider); Is '\x90' similar to newline character or what? A search in google for this sort of thing is useless... If this is some kind of code...
[Deleted]
I'm receiving this error when I run an optimization test. I've tried to reinstall but no luck. Anyone have any solutions?
Hi, I'm writing a code in which I open an order manually when I wanted, and the expert checks if there is an open order or not. if there is an open order it has to take control of the closing and some other stuff. the problem is, when i open an order manually, how can I select the open order to...