Finding and Fixing Errors in Included MQH, Library and Header files? - page 2

Hi WC,

I agree with you entirely. CB has had (post secondary?) education in the field and certainly knows his stuff. Phy is a proverbial walking encyclopedia of this stuff. I imagine Rosh is the same, but is too busy doing his job to do much one on one assistance. There are people at all stages of the learning curve here. 'Experience comes before Expertise, EVEN in the Dictionary!'

I posted a topic quite some time ago about starting back then with MQL4 or waiting for v5. Though lots of people gave me lots of reasons not to start with v4, almost everyone including these peaople that pointed out the downside all said to start now with v4. I concluded to wait for v5, but now I can see that it is going to be along time in coming including getting it full integrated in the market place. Especially as MQ is going to have it such that it will only run on hardware purchased directly from MQ. Don't you just love monopolies! )< 8( Though really the cost of new hardware for the brokers is insignificant, especially as it is quite likely that they are constantly upgrading their hardware anyway.

Rosh is trying to get the OnLine MQL4.Com ‘Documentation’ for me to download and use it locally as there is no way that I can read it on the web site. I started copying and pasting and recreating it myself locally here, but it’s just not realistic. It’s not likely that the hyperlinks/bookmarks would be intact which would seriously hamper it. Needless to say Rosh is doubly busy bringing MQL5 OnLine, so understandably my request is a very low priority for him, if a priprity at all. He asked me if I could compile the Html files into a windows help file. I told him I don’t have the application required, but if I can find one free to download, I’m sure I could figure out how to do it.

If I had my professional graphics monitor instead of this old piece of low quality junk, that would make a significant difference, but even then I would still have problems. I don’t know why they just can’t use solid black instead of a shade of grey for general purpose text on the web site to start with and make it a little larger. I can see it for remarks and documentation in a program so that it is clearly distinct from active code, though in my case it would still be ‘distinctly fuzzy (logic? (< 8)

I found out why my $3K graphics monitor packed it in. I’m in an older house and none of electrical outlets are grounded. Needless to say, I am NOT impressed! It is the old CRT type and especially because of the quality of it the CRT operates at VERY high voltages and thus generates heavy EM fields that normally the ground circuit would dissipate. I have it apart and the EM shielding in it is VERY extensive. The vertical sync got fried, but fortunately because of the construction technology it is repairable. I just have to come up with the money to get it repaired. If I could get the service manual for it, I might even be able to fix it myself; it wouldn't be the first time.

Needless to say, I am grounding the outlet that my computer is on.

Keep On Keeping On

Regards,

Doug

Reason: