MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1374

Hi, On the MetaTrader screen, when I right click and highlight Trading, I see the suggested Buy Limit and Sell Stop levels which are around 25 pips away from the running market price. Is it so that we can not set a pending order within certain PIPS from the market price ? Or is it that we can ? If...
[Deleted]
What are some of the fundamental resources traders use on a daily basis? I wanted to compile a list. This could include: websites to download fundamental indicators, major news sources that are tracked etc. Thanks for your help!
[Deleted]
i need someone good in mql4 programming to get something programmed for me. any1? dis is my email add. de1genius@gmail.com plz i will be glad 2 get a feedback!
[Deleted]
  MathsRound  (4)
Hello I am very new here and have been trying to round this value using MathsRound but can't get it to work. +DoubleToStr(AccountEquity()*LotsPercentage/100/1000,2), 10, "Times New Roman", LightGray); The value shows on the chart as 0.01, 0.02 etc but when you get to higher lot sizes it shows say 0...
[Deleted]
Hello, I don't know why but I have a bug with OrderClose() in the next function. I know the condition are meet because sound alert work, but order still open. Need help! Thank's pgforex //==== Function StopLossvoid MaxStopLoss(){   for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)  {    if(OrderSelect(i...
Somebody should please help me with a nice indicator that can show volume or buying and selling pressure. My email address is edwinyoungedo@yahoo.com
Hi to all! I'm probably overlooking a simple bit of code for this, but missing it. How would I write the code an action to take place only when a new bar appears (like waiting for a bar to close at 11:00 and for the new 12:00 to appear)? For example, wanting two moving averages to cross, but since
Hi All, Anybody know why the error appear?? codes:              int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,0,0,comment,MagicNumber,0,Blue);       if(ticket>0)        {          OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET);          Alert(OrderOpenPrice(),"   ",StopLoss,"   ",Point,"   "...
[Deleted]
hi there, i have a reliable trading strategy , due to require to spend long hours on computer and some times missed out some good trading opportunity in the mid night trend too, henceforth, i'd like to create an EA for my trading, can some one help to develop it or guide me thru how to develop it
i am trying to run a ma expert on daily charts but the buy/sell signal is triggered only on the first few bars i downloaded all the historical data
What do you think of the demo report? Working Orders: Ticket Open Time Type Lots Item Price S / L T / P Market Price No transactions Summary: Deposit/Withdrawal: 0.00 Credit Facility: 0.00 Closed Trade P/L: 3 393 973.85 Floating P/L: 0.00 Margin: 0.00 Balance: 3 403 973.85 Equity: 3 403 973.85 Free
Hi guys, I'm new to coding, I found this code on internet and would like to re-optimise it/forward test it, but before doing so I notice that it creates various errors in strategy tester. Thus I don't want to go through the optimisation process and prepare it for live, if I can't rely on the results...
[Deleted]
hi,I'm trying to get the open time for current order by using this code :int orders, total, j;datetime Open_Time;orders = 0;total = OrdersTotal (); for (j = 0; j < total; j++) { OrderSelect (j, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if (OrderMagicNumber() == Magic && OrderSymbol()...
[Deleted]
hi guys!i need help from you guys to guide me, what is this mean :for (order = 0; order < OrdersTotal()-1 ; order++)what I don't understand is, what is the purpose of OrdersTotal()-1?why orderstotal minus 1?your help is much appreciated.thanks in advance!
  EA Programming  (35   1 2 3 4)
hi fellow traders, since I didn't find any forum rules which forbid this kind of offer I am gonna post it. However, if Admins consider this to be inappropriate just remove the thread. I've been trading quite a while (a few years) and been programming EAs and indicators (and other programs for even
Hi I have created a custom indicator that already uses 6 of the available indicator buffers. I want to set defaults for the following (from the indicator code): Chart Type = Bars bardown_color = Red Please can someone advise me how to default the chart type to bars AND make the bardown_color set...
  How strong movements are born  (172   1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18)
I have always wondered how strong price movements come about. How it happens, what is the mechanism. Here is one of my observations. As you can see in the figure: you can see not only the beginning of a movement and its direction, but also future support and resistance lines. === Post your
[Deleted]
Suppose I have an EA (or an indicator) running on EURUSD chart can I get price data of other symbols like GBPUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY from the same EA. What I meant is eurusd = iClose("EURUSD", PERIOD_M1, 0); gbpusd = iClose("GBPUSD", PERIOD_M1, 0); audusd = iClose("AUDUSD",...
[Deleted]
hi all, can anyone explain, what is the difference, or what does on line do, what the other do not? sorry i'm not a coder, but very interested to understand. thanks in advance extern int LongEma=50; double LEMA1=iMA(Symbol(),0,LongEma,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+1); double LEMA2=iMA(Symbol(),0,LongEma...
  Font Settings  (2)
How can I change Font Settings in MetaTrader 4 ?
  Box Break Out  (5)
Box Break Out
[Deleted]
I am seeking help from the users of MQL4. I am a new trader. Can I do equity (stock)trading or futures/commodity trading or both with MQl4 as my trading platform? When I downloaded MQl4, it is defaulted to support only Forex Trading. I would like to use "Brain Trading System", a...
Some languages don't work well when a function's value is returned from within a loop (in our case 'for' or 'while' loop). I have done some test scripts and I haven't found a problem with that in MQL4, but I'm not sure... Can I return a value from within a loop safely?
Hi everybody, as we know gpwr posted an indicator based on back-propogation neural network which was applied to moving average. I'm trying to build an EA using this indicator, but the problem was raised on backtesting. When you apply an indicator, the network only uses some amount of bars to train...
Hello, While this newbie still struggles to design the holy grail, if some experienced friends could share their thoughts on this question. I do not want to design something that works fine on demos but is bound to fail on real accounts. Appreciate your help. regards Sat
Hi, This is a MA indicator that is reading MA off a higher TF and used in a lower TF... In its current state the line appears as a staircase, drop it on a 15M TF and you'll see. I want it smoothed so that there is a distinct change for every low TF bar, iMA can be used as suggested in the code but I
[Deleted]
Hi all, Just released one of my most promising expert advisers as open-source code. Download .ex4 and source code at www.tradeharmonics.com/GoldenEA.zip It's not perfect, but back-tests very well and live demo testing has gone well so far. Can't wait to see what some more talented minds than mine...
[Deleted]
I am having no luck finding or understanding a way to filter out less than desirable trading hours. My brokers GMT is 0 if anyone can help me with a a conditional statement to add in hours filter. Also I have a signal that is highly reliable under certain conditions but dont want to open trade at...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm fairly new to using MQL4. I've been trying to write an EA where a buy trade is opened if RSI(14) goes above 55, Momentum(14) above 100.2, sells if RSI(14) goes below 45 and Momentum below 99.8 with a take profit/stop loss of around 50pips. I've programmed this but I haven't been able to stop...
[Deleted]
I'm somewhat of a VB convert to MQL4 and am trying to figure out some demo code that I found. I'm running back testing with this piece of code, and have noticed that sometimes my stop loss doesn't seem to set at all.....it will enter into a position and just sit there, sometimes for days, and then...