MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1383

[Deleted]
Hi, I have an EA that operates in multiple pairs in real time without problems, but when I try to test the strategy it returns an error for every market but the one which graphic is open (IIRC, something as "unknown symbol name EURJPY for OrderSend function" when eurjpy isn't the one opened). Is it...
Hey there, I would like to determine the slope of the MACD Signal line. However, this slope also depends on what the current maximum and minimum range is on the MACD indicator window. I would prefer NOT to set the max and min values on the indicator. Instead, I would like to (in my EA) read what...
  Who does JAPAN LIGHTS shine on?  (177   1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18)
For a year, after 5 years of manual trading, I've been trying to write an MTS. Tried many indicators and oscillators, but came to the conclusion that building MTS on their basis is like predicting their movement rather than price movement. I think they don't make any sense, on the contrary, they
Good day, Can anyone help me with a simple code to know if the last order closed(manual or stop loss) is profit or loss? I am trying to learn how to make a martingale EA that only doubles the lot if a previous order was a loss then reverts back to 0.10 lot if it gets a profit. Thanks in advance.
What's this: I wrote this script a long time ago, to help exercise and test my trading system, not with EA, but with manual trade.....Recently I find an EA (vhandstrade) out there, called Manually Trading, I say: it's just what I've done. And why use my solution? vhandstrade is so "real time"---...
[Deleted]
  DOW EA  (3)
have good profits.
[Deleted]
Could someone please help me with iCustom indicator calls??? What I need is iCustom calls for each of the 4 lines on this indicator? For the Bulls Main line, Bears Main line, Bulls Signal line, and the Bears Signal line. I would really appreciate anyone’s help!
I'm trying to take the Keltner_Channel strategy below and utilize its bands in an EA but I'm having trouble with being able to reference the individual bands (like you can do with the bollinger bands) in mql4. So far I've tried, " KeltnerP =iCustom(NULL, 0,"Keltner_Channel",0,0,0); without...
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lenovos10e/us-dollar-index/3322/Z0O6HP426oPPGnhopI8z
[Deleted]
hi, i'm a new user of mt4. can someone help me to write a indicator of keltner channel applying on rsi? i'll like to create a indicator over another indicator. thanks all.
[Deleted]
  Ordersend error  (5)
Hello I have an expert, in some special trades(I don't know the reason), Ordersend can not open the trade. It returns -1, but getlasterror() is 0. I can't understand what is the reason. Could you please help? this is a part of log file of this expert: Account balance=100004.00000000...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Please i need help on how to get the value of Bollinger band indicator's middle band for my EA code. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi all here, in our opinion, for an Scalping EA what will be an maximum acceptaple drawdown for live-testing? Thx for your comments and meanings
it appears that the reason parameter is not always correct in metatrader 5 for indicators. When changing the timeframe or symbol the value passed to OnDeinit = REASON_REMOVE. Shouldn't this be REASON_CHARTCHANGE? If I am incorrect how do you determine if the indicator is just being reloaded due to...
I found differences in the outcome of MA,s written in an EA and the standard MA,s used as an indicator. I wrote a symple EA that shows it. The actual Open, Close, High and Low values are OK, the SMA10 on the High is OK, but the values of the SMA10 on the Open and the Close are not the same as the
It just write the first line for the second file: "indicadores2.csv". Thanks in advance for any help.
Hopefully some one here may help me. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. This is my attempt to create an expert looking for trading opportunities (section Peak Hours ORDER ENTRY) during a set time (section Day and Time Open for Trading). The expert does work, but its working to well. The stop
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I have been looking on the site but I can't find this. Do you know what software / script (or any information/ guidelines would be helpful) I would use in order to run statistical test. I want to see the range a currency has with relation to time, day of week, and other stuff. I want to...
Help! - How do I hedge with the total of the opposite direction? Scenario: I have a couple of opened short positions, then price break the resistance. I would like to take a long position which is the maybe twice the TotalShortPosition() - (which is a function that calculate the total short...
I am testing my EA. I am in good position with sell order (with TP at 21174) but when market price down bellow TP (21168) Tester System does not close order to take profit. Someone please help me on this. Thank you very much
HI, I am new to meta trader. The problem i am facing is, when i use the mouse scroll button up/down, the whole chart moves leaving me not knowing about the recent price change. if i use the '+' or '-' change chart widens horizontally again leaving blank about the recent price. What i am looking at...
Hello I am new to forex and very new to forex programming. Testing (backtesting for now) my new Robot, which focus in very long trends hunting, I found that in its trading sometimes the Balance gets Negative but at the same time the Equity is very Positive however it continues going on testing....
[Deleted]
Hi The IndicatorCounted function tells you if there are bars that are not calculated, but it does not tell you if it is a new bar or and old bar (ie. when you scroll back in time and new bars are loaded). How can I determine this? If the IndicatorCounted returns all the bars-1 you do not know if it...
[Deleted]
A lot of programmer are wasting time and effort setting up strategies with back testing, often these tests give different results time by time. The must important thing is that the history chart have to be error free and the quality model must not to be "n/a" but almost "90%". I suggest to test the...
[Deleted]
What I want to add is a Trailing Stop, and a input to lock in pips if the market reverses and doesn't hit the TS. And then an input for amount of pips to activate the lock in pips once I have the code for the buy then I can modify the sell and quick reverse. I just don't know alot about programming...
I've been downloading my Detailed Report into Excel now for some time for further analysis but one small problem exists that I cannot seem to find a way around. I want to calculate the time between when the trade opened and when it closed. I cannot seem to find an Excel date/time format that is...
[Deleted]
  Write an advisor  (124   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Good afternoon! I would like to write an EA , but I don't understand the programming language very well yet. It should do: 1. define day of the week and time 2. determine High and Low of the previous three days (i.e., if today is Tuesday, it should determine High and Low for Monday , Friday and
[Deleted]
I have an oscilator that outputs data that is + and - I would like the out put buffer (array that is drawn) to be normalised between -100 and 100. So that when I place it on a EURUSD and USDJPY chart the reading can be compared. Any Ideas how to do this ?
So I was playing aroun d with one of my tests an d set my stop loss to 7. I then fire d off my run last night. It faile d to take tra des, after several hours to day attempting to figure out where I went wrong in my co de, I rebuilt all my co de from several versions back, trying to fin d the bug....
[Deleted]
I just start learning mql4, got stuck on one of hte sample code. what does MODE_LOTSTEP mean ? Step for changing lots. I am still confused. here's the code int start()                                     // Special function start  {   int Dist_SL =10;                             // Preset SL...