Question about Hedging rules

Gentlemen, and Gentleladies, I've been developing and backtesting an EA from scratch from some time. It will be trading strictly EURUSD to begin with. From the beginning I designed the EA to only handle one trade at a time. I now realize that I want to allow not only up to two Buy or 2 sell trades, but I would also like to be able to make a short trade (or EURUSD) while I long trade is still in play, or a long trade while a previous short play is still in play. Does this violate the no-hedging rule?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it does.

Open an account somewhere outside US.

val77 wrote >>

Yes it does.

Open an account somewhere outside US.

Thanks val77. For now I'd like to stick to my current brokerage, which does not have off-shore MT4 processing as some do. I assume that the rule only applies to a single account. So if I had a second account with the same broker and ran a "buy" version of my EA on one and a "short" version on the other, would that be OK?

Thanks for your quick response.

fxstr58:

Thanks val77. For now I'd like to stick to my current brokerage, which does not have off-shore MT4 processing as some do. I assume that the rule only applies to a single account. So if I had a second account with the same broker and ran a "buy" version of my EA on one and a "short" version on the other, would that be OK?

Thanks for your quick response.

My broker told me the workaround to the no hedging rule is to have two accounts and use the multi trader platform. Your broker might be the same.

252525:

My broker told me the workaround to the no hedging rule is to have two accounts and use the multi trader platform. Your broker might be the same.

I talked to FXCM representative: He was very helpful. He explained me that I can open an account in UK through Bank of America therefore bypassing NFA rules.

Sounds like an option to consider.....

Reason: