MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1372

I have been trying to create a function that will close a long position when a short signal is fired and vice versa. could some kind soul please help me out.. I am using the 10p3 as the base but I have taken all the indicators our and set up a bar set up. if (Open[pos+0]>=Low[pos+1] &&...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm having trouble getting the Automated Optimization method described at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467 to work. The code creates the optimise.ini file and copies it into the terminal folder successfully, but when the shell command is given to launch the terminal, I do not see any...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to use iCustom values over time? double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Moving Average Rate of Change",5000,9,33,13,5,2,2,0); This works fine, but if I change it to... double val=iCustom(NULL, 5, "Moving Average Rate of Change",5000,9,33,13,5,2,2,0); All I get is zeros... Is this a limitation...
What are the most simplest systems? I know that probability trading is an example, channel trading is another. Does anyone have any other ideas, simple concepts that are used in trading?
[Deleted]
Hey guys, how can i make an martingale like: If the EA loss 3 or 4 times in a row, it will double the lot? Kindest regards, Thomas
[Deleted]
I would like to be able to turn martingale system on/off from the properties input when putting it on chart. How would i go about doing so? Here is my script that performs martingale: if(losses>0) lot=NormalizeDouble(Lots*Multiplying*losses,1); Any help is appreciated.
help!!! I am trying to test my program that will run two ea on two different pairs at one time. For example, ea1 run in eur/usd,another run in gbp/usd. i attach two ea to different chart,it's succesful,but there is another problem appeared. one ea continue open two orders,another ea doesn't work...
I've backtested for some of the trading idea called Martingale System.. I'm sorry for those whose really doesn't like every of this trading idea.. ...from whut i've saw from every sites that i've explored, this martingale system is REALLY widely known as an "account-blower" system.. Just because the...
[Deleted]
This is a free EA I'm forward testing with some pretty impressive results. Average weekly return (past 3 weeks) 7.3% Drawdown 2.4% www.forexgreenback.com Backtest is a pretty smooth linear curve....
The EA i wrote made 21000+ PIPs, since 10/28/09 My question is: would my EA get the same results in a live account? The EA is trading 23 currency pairs. I had some russians do some analysis, they mentioned that in the demo it is trading sort-of-liquidated pairs, which are not available for trading...
[Deleted]
World markets have gone crazy, I'm trading price BreakOutsonly! This indicator is a money making machine! The best investment I ever made as a trader! Membership and EA distribution is capped at 500 tradersbetter be quick. This Expert Advisor program is awesome, trades pricebreakouts only. This...
[Deleted]
I've noticed an issue with OrderSelect and OrderHistory Did some tests, and sometimes when I'm writing the data to a file,changing account and writing again, it still writes the data from theprevious account. I guess it's due to MetaTrader's limitations - as I understand it,the history is saved in...
[Deleted]
Hi, Does anyone know how I can tell the background color of a window by using MQL4 commands? Thank you.
[Deleted]
  Trade Expert Manager  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Good afternoon! I propose the following idea for consideration. The Expert Advisors Manager is a system to monitor and manage the mechanical trading systems (Expert Advisors), included in client terminal of the information and trading platform MetaTrader®. The manager provides up-to-date information
[Deleted]
Hello can some one help me with this EA,, I have not been able to make this EA take any orders
[Deleted]
Hi Can some one help me. I have a demo acount with FXCM UK and I can not put any stop loss or take profit in my orders. I tried almost every thing from previous posts but no hope so far. here is my Code: all of these tries failed with error 130 ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,price,3...
Hi guys, Please assist. I created an alert to alert on first touch of Moving average but it is alerting me on the wrong symbol. I attached it onto AUDJPY but it alerts - EMA touched on AUDCAD DO you know why? Below is the full code:...
Hello how to join two conditions, which the expression? if (l_iclose_28 > l_iopen_4) ????? and if (((l_ihigh_12+l_ilow_20+l_iclose_28)/3) >l_iclose_28) ld_36 = l_ihigh_12 ; thans
Hello, I found this great indicator here: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8641 I often miss trades because it has no alerts when divergence formed. Can anybody help me to edit the code? thank you very much Paulus
When I get this message in the strategy tester what does it mean? Am I doing something wrong because I sure get different results using the same EA parameters as other people, but get totally different results. Here is the message: 2009.11.18 22:54:10 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume...
[Deleted]
i have a ex4 indicator that generates signals. im wondering if there is a way to scan the curren charts for red or blue arrows drawn by the indicator, and send a 0 and 1 respectively to another EA im writing.
I'm sure this is in the forums ad nauseam, but being new I must ask how does one code the opening or closing of an order assuming it means the condition of an "if statement"? I know about OrderSend() and OrderClose(), but how are they used? How is an order triggered and how is its closing...
[Deleted]
Im trying to get my ea to sleep for 1 hour after closing a trade, i use sleep() in live trading but this isnt viable in backtesting so my backtests are not completely accurate. I have opened 2 threads over the past couple of months on this forum about this,and have followed peoples suggestions, but...
[Deleted]
hi, i need help in developing an alert as follow price crosses above 20 period EMA (below 20 period EMA) and MACD crosses from negative to positive (from positive to negative). use MACD histogram default setting 12, 26, 9. thanks
[Deleted]
Let's say I have GBP/JPY, USD/JPY, and GBP/CHF. I wish to have these currency pairs trade only once so that I would only have three open positions at a time and not have a "free margin error" or margin call. Once a certain currency pair gains profit by closing a position, it will then open another...
[Deleted]
How can I put range value in my EA..? example: I want the EA to trigger when Stochastic MODE_MAIN to reach 79 to 80. So the program will trigger EA when the value reach the range value.. Anyone.. please help me with this
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, I am using Rahul Mohindar's indicators and expert advisors in Metastock with great success.Has anyone tried to write the code for these indicators in MEtatrader? Thanks a lot
[Deleted]
How can I put the indicator of exponential moving average in a separate window, separate from the candles... Thanks.
[Deleted]
Folks, I am trying to make an alarm alert for when a EMA of say 25 crosses over WMA of 160 on a 3 minute chart. The alert would sound 20 seconds before the 3 minutes is finished (if that makes sense) could someone please help me code this. Thanks in advance for your help J
Hi, Is it possible to remove the whitespace between candlesticks? I have been used to using different charts and are only new to MQL4 but would like to set my charts up how I am cumfortable with them. The image shows approx 20% of candlestick width between candlesticks which I want to delete. ie-