MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1238

hi community, imagine following scenario. EURUSD 1H. I close mt4 on WED and open next MONDAY. I have an EA applied to chart. Now i realised a problem on mt4: if i open mt4 on MONDAY first time; mt4 first apply ea to chart and fills the gap between WED->MONDAY afterwards while ticks are coming. So...
I am trying to draw a bar between two points in a separate window, unlike a histogram that draws a bar from a common point like zero or 100, below is a pic of the indicator, right now i have two lines and i would like a bar to be drawn between each value. any Ideas?
Anyone have the code of an indicator to draw the trend lines on a graph?
[Deleted]
I want to use scripts for placing and closing orders. For example 1 click 5 dig Buy 11pips. On my demoaccount this is no problem at all. But on my live account it doesn't work. I get the message ( on the journal) : loaded successfully / inputs risk=15 / uninit reason 0 / removed I have asked Alpari
Hello to allWell once again I must turn to you gurus out there. I posted a problem earlier. The original code worked. Not just compiled. I attempted to add an additional stop. I can get the code to compile, but the second stop is not acknowledged. I will post the code once agaian. The SRC is not...
Is it possible to create an EA - which, after 90 losing trades, will turn the account into a profit? Or - how can I turn 90 losses into a profit
Hi, I'm trying to handle 130 code error. I saw about MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL); but it's returning 0 for me. I'm facing this problem just on MIG Bank Platform. How it's working? How can I handle this situation?
[Deleted]
Hello everybody! I like to see only the MACD MAIN not the SIGNAL to change color automatically to green when greater than previous and red when less than previous interval. Thanks all your help in advance Zsolt
[Deleted]
  gap detection  (1)
Hi, I try to trade gaps, but the gaps don't always appear. I would like an EA that would send me an email if there is a gap (need to be specified gap size) between the close of the previous bar and the open of the current bar. Does anyone know if there is an existing EA to perform the above? or can...
Hi everybody, I've been build some indicators, but most of them have the same errors: Just at the moment when a new bar appears, the indicator shows zero. If a new tick comes, the indicator come back to it's normal value. If I change the time frame, the indicator disappears. Example : #property
  very simple!!  (3)
Guys, I'm trying to write one line in the init() function to tell me if EA is attached to wrong time period.. please can someone tell me what is wrong with thsi! if(!MarketInfo(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1))MessageBox("Attach EA to 1 Hour chart","Wrong Time Period",0); thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, im new in EA coding and i want to make a simple trading system automated. The system only uses one Simple MA oof 13 periods and a price line that will be defined by me. I want the EA open a buy when the Simple MA crosses over the price line and make a sell when the Simple MA crosses below...
Hi all, I'd like to start this topic to see how much money and pips people are really making. I've been trying to look on the internet to find success stories and I have discovered that every one measures success differently. The only problem is no one shows how successful they are by what I'm
[Deleted]
I just finished getting this program together but the only error i get is code 138 "Requote" when trying to execute an order, buy or sell. I dont get this code when running on FXCM platform, but some other platforms i get this code poping up once awhile. Below is the logic of my buy order when...
[Deleted]
Hey guys. I made simple advisor in mql and lets say it has few parameters . So i want to test it with parameter x=1, x=2 and x=3. So in tester (I use XTB-Trader) near this X-parameter i put Start=1, Stop=3, Step=1. And it still only test this for x=1 :( what to do
[Deleted]
Have downloaded several scripts for multiple order entries. I placed the scripts in the expert/scripts and can drap them onto a chart where I put in lots and take profit and when I hit ok it says in the trade journal that the script has been removed. I checked with expert/option and DLL function...
Dear MetaTrader team. I don't like the new minimalistic style on this forum. Maybe a boarder here and there would not be wrong. Also a few pictures, maybe a logo or something may look good. I liked the old edit bar in the post section, the new one is a bit too missing.//z
Is it possible to show more indicators in the same subwindow? I.e. I want to have 3 or 4 stochastics in subwindow 1. Is this possible and if yes, how do I do this
I hope anyone can help me. I try to add an additional Moving Average to the usual Stochastics but the last two MA's (buffer 4 & 5) do not show up in my graph. Probably I do something wrong with the buffers. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance. #property
  Total Profit  (2)
I want to make a auto-hedging script and so on I need it to be able to check the total of my positions and when it goes over some point I want it to close everything.I can probably manage the rest opening inverted positions but I need this part to work before I go any further. I use mt4 btw not mt5
Hi All, I'm having some dificulties to set up a FLAG in my expert that defines if the trade has already been triggered or not. For instance, I have a order logic that is triggered when the RSI indicator is overbought or oversold. All orders have S/L and T/P. If one of this two targets is reached, my...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am building an expert advisor based on such a strategy that if i don't control the no of open positions,it opens a new trade on every single bar.What code should i add in my expert advisor so that i can control the no of trades and whenever i attach my ea on a chart,it asks for the maximum no
Hi Could someone please tell me how I can calculate where a position will have a specifiec profit in deposit currency ? For example I open a 0.1 lot EURGBP on 0.8912 and I want to set it's TakeProfit at a price where positions' profit will be exactly 40$ ($ is my accounts deposit currency ) I know...
I have a problem with optimization of my EA. The back test does't take any effects - there is no results. What should be selected in order to make proper optimization of the robot?
  Results in pips  (1)
Hello, I'm a new user of MT4 (former used VTtrader). I have made some trades. When the trades are active the results can be shown both as pips and in Euro's. Once the trade has ended the results are shown in Euro's. Is it possible to show the endresults in pips? Kind regards Mario
  Trend Direction  (4)
Hi, 1st of, this forum is 1st class, I have learned so much, as well as d/load a few filters, for this I thank all of you. I hope someone can help me out here ? I use 15min chart and 1 hour chart, I have sort of use the Multi Time Frame strategy, (Overbought / Oversold) finding the price momentum on
[Deleted]
Hi there folks. Hope somebody would be kind enough to point me in some direction here so I can solve this problem. Every time I trace trend lines on metatrader at some point it gets messed up. I spend a lot of time doing my researches and tracing my lines, I save it as a template and do all I can...
I'm seeing some very odd behaviour while doing a backtest. There is a large disconnect between my Balance and Equity values. There was a trade to buy 35.1 lots of EURUSD at 1.37321 and the trade later exited at 1.37412, for a profit of 9.1 pips * 35.1 lots * $10/lot/pip = $3194.1 which shows up...
[Deleted]
Hi all - I'm in the process of developing this indicator, and need some help. I find that I have to compile it twice to get it to appear every time I attach it to a chart or change the timeframe. Any help would be much appreciated!