MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1232

[Deleted]
I must be having a brain cramp because I cannot figure out what I've done incorrectly... EA named MSZ...first 4 lines below: #property copyright "Kris" #property link "" #include <stdlib.mqh> #include <MSZ_Variable.mqh> In the MSZ_Variable file, I have declared external and global variables. I...
[Deleted]
  Guidance needed  (12   1 2)
I'm writing an EA based on MACD. Though it is based on MA, MACD is quite different, as you people. I've put following conditions... extern int FastEMA=12;extern int SlowEMA=26;extern int SignalSMA=9;bool buycond=true;bool sellcond=true;extern double takeprofit = 150;extern double...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have my EA working well, but i just need a little help, i am not coder but i understand a bit. I just need to add code line to my ea that would double the lot size every time when it loses, and go back to default when it wins, something like hedging...I think the line should be easy, or even...
[Deleted]
  day two on the demo account  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hello everyone! A day and a half to be exact. Here's a detailed report. http://aspect-group. su/files/publish/DetailedStatement.htm Interested in the opinions of the gurus. Is there a future for me or should I quit and forget about it? I am studying the Internet on the subject of "Forex is evil" and
Hi Sometimes when opening positions with OrderSend function, it accepts the position and returns true, but it may take some times for the position to be opened and listed in open trades list, could someone please tell me how we can know that there are some positions that are accepted but still...
New article Technical Analysis: How Do We Analyze? is published at mql5.com: This article briefly describes the author's opinion on redrawing indicators, multi-timeframe indicators and displaying of quotes with Japanese candlesticks. The article contain no programming specifics and is of a general...
hi I have a indicator, it' separate chart window. This indicator show signal by strings " BUY" or "SELL" ....I want to get this "signal" by get string "BUY" or "SELL" when its output. But I'm not find any function can search string in this indicator. I was try functions : WindowFind(), ObjectFind()...
New article The Use of the MQL5 Standard Trade Class libraries in writing an Expert Advisor is published at mql5.com: This article explains how to use the major functionalities of the MQL5 Standard Library Trade Classes in writing Expert Advisors which implements position closing and modifying,...
Can anyone tell me how to bind Meta4 to specific IP addresses?
hi, I tried to use this Indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code in live trading but it doesn't changed with new bars, someone know how to make it work. thank you,
Hello I am trying to write a script/indicator which obtains the values of bbands that is placed in a separate indicator window. I keep getting the value of the bbands from the main window. Can you help please? B
I was trying to figure out why this take profit is not working. The take profit is based on event which plot only "-1", "0" and "1". The buy side will get out when iCustom plot 1 and stay waiting for a signal if it's remain 0. The same logic for sell side take profit (-1,0). My logic is: when...
[Deleted]
  HIGH CPU USAGE  (7)
Since the new versiom of MT4 has been installed the Terminal.exe runs almost at 80% and I have removed all indicators, can some body help please
I am a robot tech. I work on robots all day where I work. They paint cars better than humans. But I have played with at least 80 EA's over the last month and have yet to find on that even remotely makes a profit. AB
[Deleted]
  change tp  (4)
hi i want to change my orders tp when i want but i can't what is my problem these my codes void change_tp() { int total=OrdersTotal(); if(total>0) { for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++) { //if(OrderSelect(pos,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false)...
No matter what I do I can't get this dialog box to go away. I've unchecked 'confirm DLL function calls. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
  INTRA-LIGHT ANALYSIS  (65   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
HAS ANYONE TRIED TO IMPLEMENT COMMON INDICES ON TICKS INSTEAD OF BARS
[Deleted]
hi i've put comments all over the ea just for easier and quicker understanding. so the problem is that the "control opened positions" part is not working at all. i don't get an error message or anything, thats why i'm posting to this forum. as you can see there is only a buy function in this ea as...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am a beginner with MT4 and i would like to do a simple thing but i am not sure i do it right because the result are a bit strange in backtest. I would like to compute the HIGH or LOW of a serie over long period of time (3 or 6 month) using 1 minute data. I try to do it using the function...
hi everyone. is it possible for me to test my code on a given set of bars that i can define? like a certain portion of the graph that i want to test my data on while testing it off line. if so how can it be done. Thanks
[Deleted]
  life of a trader  (1)
Ok guys, straight up when it comes to trading. It's difficult. Who ever says otherwise is already a millionaire or just trying to lure you into some "follow me and I'll make you rich" scheme. The only truth that I can tell you from my own experience is that if you want to become successful then...
  Multiple logins  (1)
If I leave my computer logged in and have an EA running, can I check my account from MT4 mobile? Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am trying to develop an EA that is supposed to open trades when the 2 lines of StepMA Stoch indicator are crossovering each other. More particularly, I am setting: double diCustom0=iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_Stoch_NK", 10, 1, 0, 0, 0); double diCustom1=iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_Stoch_NK", 10,...
[Deleted]
  Trade Management  (2)
Hi there, I would like to know if there is a better way to manage and close open orders than what I have in mind... here is my idea : 1: Open two currency pairs manually (Hedged) 2. Close both pairs when realized the desired profit .This will be p/l of pair1 + P/L of Pair 2 =...
Hello Every One, I am new here, but my question is i am trying to use or test the alarm indicator 3MA Cross w Alert v2 . I will like to know how to activate or enable the sound alert on this indicator please . Kind Regards, Daniel .
Ok, so I think I'm close to coming up with a somewhat profitable EA. The thing is, no matter how good your EA is, there will always be losses. No one knows the future, and the best you can do is make an educated guess and hope your forex gambling winnings are greater than your losses. I think i...
Hello, I am running the tester tool against the CADJPY tool. When I call MarketInfo("CADJPY", MODE_LOTSIZE) I get "100000". When I call MarketInfo("USDJPY", MODE_LOTSIZE) I get 0. I fact, I get 0 for any pair other than CADJPY. I tried also downloading the history for USDCAD, USDJPY, but I still...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am new to MQL. I was trying out OrderSend example from https://docs.mql4.com/trading/OrderSend. So, I try to execute the following OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green); My OrderSend fails with -130 error. There are two things I see here-...
  iCustom function  (1)
Hi, I'm getting a problem that only on my machine with iCustom is reloading every time and logging it a lot. How can I suppress this logging? There's a kind of configuration/parameter to disable it?
Hi all If anyone could help with this indicator. I've used it successfully in VT Trader but was sent packing from this platform and now need to learn to trade in MT4. Has anyone converted it to MT4 yet, if not, could a generous someone please try, as I've only just started learning MT4 programming....