how can I use .ex4 file???

good morning at all

i am using metatrading platform for some months and i haven't had any problem with the expert too.

some days ago my friend sent me an expert in .ex4 format. obviously he didn't send me .mq4 format

i have tried to attach the expert at the chart but he doesn't work. he keep showing the grey image as some errors are inside it

guys ... you know if it's possible to work only with .ex4 file??

normally i have written .mq4 format and then the compilation the platform creates .ex4 format

i have only .ex4 file how can use the expert ??

thanks in advanced at all and a great CIAOOOOO

giulio

I think its same

Put on your expert folder and it should work

giulioron:

good morning at all

i am using metatrading platform for some months and i haven't had any problem with the expert too.

some days ago my friend sent me an expert in .ex4 format. obviously he didn't send me .mq4 format

i have tried to attach the expert at the chart but he doesn't work. he keep showing the grey image as some errors are inside it

guys ... you know if it's possible to work only with .ex4 file??

normally i have written .mq4 format and then the compilation the platform creates .ex4 format

i have only .ex4 file how can use the expert ??

thanks in advanced at all and a great CIAOOOOO

giulio

Put the EX4 file in the experts folder and restart the platform.

The icon appears grey (rather than blue) because the MQ4 file is not present. However, this does not prevent you from loading the EA.

Just drag it to your chart, making sure that experts are enabled, fill out any external parameters that it asks for and you should see a little smiley face.

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Put the EX4 file in the experts folder and restart the platform.

The icon appears grey (rather than blue) because the MQ4 file is not present. However, this does not prevent you from loading the EA.

Just drag it to your chart, making sure that experts are enabled, fill out any external parameters that it asks for and you should see a little smiley face.

ok thanks....in fact the icon appears grey but the expert works. thanks guys!!! :-))))

heartnet:

I think its same

Put on your expert folder and it should work

heatnet.hello. I have a computer friend that I want him to write an EA program for me. What format can he create of view some exsisting .ex4 files I have? Thanks in advance. great forum.

aj34997:

If you have a file ending in ex4 that someone sent you or you downloaded ( but not mq4 ) that you want to open to read or modify, you will have to decompile the ex4 file first to extension mq4. [...] However, I found one that will do it for free [...]

This forum is full of people who hope to build EAs which they can then sell. Your post is effectively telling people how to rip off EAs and avoid paying for them. Not very clever. It's been a while since the moderators banned anyone, but I've got a feeling that you might be next...

Well said jjc. Was about to respond to the same poster (with the same comment) on another thread. He's pretty much declaring himself as a "theft expert". Some people just don't have the intelligence to know their audiences in order to understand what to say and what not to say.

CB

jjc:

This forum is full of people who hope to build EAs which they can then sell. Your post is effectively telling people how to rip off EAs and avoid paying for them. Not very clever. It's been a while since the moderators banned anyone, but I've got a feeling that you might be next...

Agree with you jjc. About time
Reason: