MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1235

adventures of a newbie  (115   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
Hey guys, thank you for helping me with my code, it's 2.11am in London, and I been trying to decypher this mql enigma for a while now. By the way CodesGuru thank you for tutorials, they are clearer than the standard stuff offered, nice effort! I am on a newbie quest to coding a strategy and as
[Deleted]
hi i just finish reading how to write MQL, i try to write an EA useing heiken to enter a trade but after writing it . i found out this error which i can find out what the problem is can anyone help me? /+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Hi, Could anyone tell me if it is possible to port an indicator's signal (arrow up / arrow down) from a 1M chart on to an offline Renko chart?
Hello: I am testing a new EA and I am confused about how to interpret the results I have got. I am testing two different SL and TP figures for the same EA on the same chart and the same date period; my results are: Test A: Total net profit = 100,30 . Profit factor = 1,43 . Expected payoff = 2...
[Deleted]
Hi, Just wonding if anyone out there can assist. I like a few others on the forum, are experiencing MT4 platform crashes when running several instances on a VPS server. I am wondering if there is anything built into MT4, or other software that can notify us when such a crash happens, so the...
[Deleted]
Have a look at this.
[Deleted]
Hi guys.. Problems.. When i hit the "indicator list" button (right click mt4 window) the fxpro/mt4 program stops working.. Just did it and it stopped so now i have to exit and restart.. I can restart if i hit <alt gr>+<ctrl> + <delete>..? The program is dead and u cant click on any buttons.. i...
Does anyone know what would cause Label Objects that have been set to " " for the purpose of remaining hidden untill they need to be used, to revert to their default text "Label" when I add another indicator to the chart, or know how to prevent this ? My label creation code to create a grid pattern...
[Deleted]
Hi Pros, Seems the ihigh[] could only give a high value of one bar. Is there a function directly gives highest value of 30 bars? Thanks a lot!
  strange... and monstrous.  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
There has been a critical error Time : 2010.05.16 23:38 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 226, 24 Mar 2009) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Processors : 2 x X86 (level 6) Memory : 2097151/1399344 kb Exception : C0000005 Address : 3FAE3F7A Access Type
[Deleted]
  New Trader  (2)
HI. I'm new to Forex, in fact I'm still in practice mode. The thing that first hit me about Meta Trader is how can I see open/closed and/or all current positions ? I've been thru the whole platform and am confounded as to how. Any body ? Thanks
Have some issues to get previous bar high price. I can not figure out how to shift it. int e; Print("Current bar for EURUSD D1: Time ", iTime(NULL,PERIOD_D1,e),", Open ", iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_D1,e),", High ", iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,e),", Low ", iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,e),", Close ", iClose
[Deleted]
Hello, I am searching for an article in the code base of this forum that I have seen some time ago and cannot find anymore. The article describes some kind of a file interface for orders. You can write an order line in a specific format in a textfile, and an EA would periodically look into this file...
Can someone please explain to me what the purpose of using a "magic number" is? I understand that it's supposed to serve as a unique identifying number for each order but isn't that same function served by a ticket number? Why make up your own..just call by ticket number.I know Im missing the point...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, recently I build an indicator as shown in the picture. I want to add a function outputs two arrays "avgPositive" & "avgNegative", which show the average of the latest 100 positive & negative bars' value respectively. However I encounter problem at this stage. Please kindly advise me. I have...
Help me, pls! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                         Test.mq4 |//|                                                       Nguyen Huy...
[Deleted]
Hi! I wonder if it is possible to get bar prices (open, close, high, low) that are in the past (e.g. the 10th bar in the past) and that are not of the current symbol (the EA is running in), but of any symbol I want. I would like to get last weeks prices of a bunch of custom symbols (e.g. all French
[Deleted]
Hi, I hope I do not a double post. I want to write the last weeks prices of a couple symbol into a file. So with price = MarketInfo(symbol1, MODE_BID); I can find out the current price. Thats good. But how can I find out the prices of the last e.g. 5 bars? Note that I cannot use the predfined "Bid"...
I wrote this simple gold script to set a stop and tp on gold at Alpari for an open long position. I set the values to 1,000 pips away - it still won't let me set, even though it will allow me to set the same values manually. How do I fix this? #property show_inputsextern   int   Stop  =...
Where can I find the full list of changes on each build's edition of MT4 ?
I am new to Forex and would like to find a MQL4 EA with these features, Open a BUY trade in (XXXYYY) by choice That is able to work in timeframe M5, M15, M30 and H1 by choice All trades should have possible pips settings from 5 to -> pips Need it to lock at each change, when it is in profit (a...
[Deleted]
Can anyone make an EA for me with one of my indicators I have. If you can please message me @ Play2020vision@gmail.com
[Deleted]
Hello, I have come across a wierd bug where my data does not seem to load correctly into an array. Any help would be much appreciated. The attached code and csv faile are trimmed verision of what I am working with, but the error is still persistant in this example. What I am trying to do is load a...
[Deleted]
Hi friends, I am new to forex and want a very simple EA which should do the following: 1. Open a BUY trade in EURUSD with SL=40pips, TP=80pips, timeframe H1. 2. If the BUY trade closes in profit, open another BUY trade; if it closes in loss, open a SELL trade. 3. And when the SELL trade closes in
[Deleted]
When using the iFractals function of MQL4 I am getting some unexpected redrawing of the fractal moves when using a shift of 3 (I am drawing lines). Used in an indicator like so: int start() {   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();   int i=Bars-counted_bars-1;    while(i>=0) {      double...
[Deleted]
Hi there I want to set up a MT4 alert that simply keeps ... going and going... the idea being that this is for a MA cross but I cannot be at the laptop all of the time :-) If anyone can help I'd be v grateful thanks !
[Deleted]
I've imported data via the History Center for EU M1. I can see the data, but it's not being accessed by my EAs when backtesting. Ever seen this before? What did I do wrong? Thanks.
Hi all, inside an expert advior I need to know the trend. Which is the best solution for this? Should I use two EMAs with different periods? Should I use just an EMA and check the current value against previous values? Should I use an indicator? Any recommendation? This ea is going to run in any
[Deleted]
Can someone help me find the best LEADING indicator available on MT4? Most of these indicators lag. Is there a high probablity indicator or expert advisor?
[Deleted]
How does one go about deleting an existing chart comment? Manually and programmatically?